Ken1

Idea For Timeline

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All,

The new Igor's list on VJ stuff is great. Captain Ewok - thanks for all your work and dedication!

As many people pointed out with that list, it seems to make more sense to look at times in terms of NOA1 rather than sent date. If we are trying to get a sense of how long a service center is taking, it should be based on the day that they acknowledge the receipt of our petition, no? It seems to me that our VJ processing adjudication estimates are based on the sent date rather than NOA1 date. I think we (you, Ewok, our main man!!!) should change this to base processing estimates on NOA1 receipt date. Wouldn't that make more sense? As someone pointed out, if two people mail the package on the same day and one person's package takes three weeks in the mail to make it to a service center and the other's takes two days, it doesn't make much sense to include the time the petition was traveling in the mail! I think this might help provide more accurate timelines!

Thoughts?

Good luck to all!!!!

11410.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

while we are suggesting things for timelines. I am in Visa hell and there is no way to record that . Got my NOA2 and had interview but I am in a deep side track. Got another Notice but no way to put one in afterview inview and before getting visa.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I can make that change sure. The main issue in the past was "receipting" delays for NOA1's which would scew the estimates (at least at the time it did).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can make that change sure. The main issue in the past was "receipting" delays for NOA1's which would scew the estimates (at least at the time it did).

You're the man!!! How long will that take? Will it update the whole system? It will be interesting to see if our dates change!

Waiting eagerly!

11410.gif

Hi All,

The new Igor's list on VJ stuff is great. Captain Ewok - thanks for all your work and dedication!

As many people pointed out with that list, it seems to make more sense to look at times in terms of NOA1 rather than sent date. If we are trying to get a sense of how long a service center is taking, it should be based on the day that they acknowledge the receipt of our petition, no? It seems to me that our VJ processing adjudication estimates are based on the sent date rather than NOA1 date. I think we (you, Ewok, our main man!!!) should change this to base processing estimates on NOA1 receipt date. Wouldn't that make more sense? As someone pointed out, if two people mail the package on the same day and one person's package takes three weeks in the mail to make it to a service center and the other's takes two days, it doesn't make much sense to include the time the petition was traveling in the mail! I think this might help provide more accurate timelines!

Thoughts?

Good luck to all!!!!

i just noticed the same thing. agreed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am making several improvements to the timeline estimation code for I-129Fs and I-130s as we speak. This includes basing the estimation off of the NOA1 date as well as improving several other areas :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I remember when we were going through the process that a couple who sent the petition the same day as us but got their NOA1 much later than we did. However, their EAC case number (which notes the actual date the petition was received as well as what number petition it was that day) was the same as ours and they were processed in about the same time as us. I remember that the numbers were thrown way off because they put the actual day they received the NOA1 and not the date listed as received. :wacko:

Unless something has changed since last summer, if you view other cases on the uscis website by entering the dates around yours you will find that, for the most part, petitions are actually approved in the order they are received (EAC/WAC numbers)... not in the order the NOA1 (I-797) is sent out to the petitioner.

Yes, we had a long wait. :whistle:

It may be a good idea to confirm whether or not this is still the case. As the captain said, there are times when that NOA1 can take forever to get to the petitioner (happened recently with VSC) which can really throw the data for a loop too.

I like the idea that we have both sent and NOA1 dates although I do wish more people would take the time to enter the correct data and keep it updated.

....in a perfect world maybe. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will say this year I think due to the citizenship applications being given precidence, a lot of july vermont filers did not get a NOA2 for about 3 weeks, but they did seem to get processed in roughly the order they sent the petition in. I think the order they receive them is more important than the NOA1 date.