The 20 Worst Foods in America

247 posts in this topic

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

For centuries, immigrants from every corner of the world have brought their best secrets from their kitchens back home to our shores and made them public.

Learn about them. Learn how to pair them so they work together on a plate, learn how to pair the different regional flavors so they work when combined in a single dish- and you'll find that America's food sits amongst the world's best.

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think food in America sucks either :P

and I do cook the majority of our meals...

but we like to go out to eat at least once a week... gives me a break from cooking :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I cook every meal during the week but when Saturday and Sunday come around is all about eating out or take out. I looooooooove that Chili's rib eye with the mashed potatoes and don't get me started on the chips and queso. And I would never trade my local Chinese restaurant for any other. So yeah, on the weekends we tend to eat crappy but by Monday it's cheap and healthy meals made at home. :pop:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's all about control. Anyone can eat anything and still be healthy if they do it once in a while. But if they choose to eat them awesome blossoms every day... that would be a "Houston, we have a problem" type of situation.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline
I roll my eyes when I hear things like "American food sucks. When I went to America, I ate at Chili's and TGIFridays, and it was sh!te, so American food sucks."

I'm also puzzled when I meet Americans who say that slop is their favorite food.

"It was sh!te."

Of course it was sh!te. You're eating at restaurants that specialize in deep-fried brown ####### with processed cheese slopped all over it, 'food' that arrived pre-cooked and frozen at the loading dock behind the restaurant. They simply thaw it out and serve it to you. I know a guy who drives a forklift in a big freezer warehouse, where all they do is move around big pallets of frozen crappy pre-made food to ship to all those 'American' restaurants. If you really need to eat out, save your Chili's money in a coffee can and use it to eat at a real restaurant with a lesser frequency.

For the love of all that is good, expand your palates, folks. I realize those crappy Chili's-type joints are a cheap alternative to the gourmet restaurants that this country has in nearly every city, but if you want a good meal and can't afford the real restaurants, cook it yourself. Learn to cook if you can't. Knowing how to read is the only tool you need in order to cook a gourmet meal. It's that simple. Going into the market with your love and together looking over the produce to find the freshest seasonal vegetables, the freshest fish, and based upon what you find deciding on a menu right there in the shop- then going home together and making it happen is much nicer, much tastier, and generally cheaper than going out to any restaurant. And when you finish eating if you still want to go out, leave the sink full of dishes for the morning and go grab some ice cream before heading to a bar to see a live band.

Here, try this: http://www.epicurious.com/

Uncle Wally is a wise uncle. I (L) this post. Great advice :thumbs:

well, I don't think food at TGI's sucks... :blink:

seriously? :dead:

you've never had good food :unsure:

I think Uncle Wally would be one of the only VJ people that could go out to dinner with me. Everyone else would be so annoyed because I complain about anything that isn't perfect or I just don't eat it. I'd much rather cook something for myself than eat at Chilis. I can never find stuff on menus for places like that for me to eat. None of it even sounds appealing.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Marilyn, how dare you like Chili's and TGIFs like much of the country does!!? :help:

Some of the comments are a real laugh.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
I roll my eyes when I hear things like "American food sucks. When I went to America, I ate at Chili's and TGIFridays, and it was sh!te, so American food sucks."

I'm also puzzled when I meet Americans who say that slop is their favorite food.

"It was sh!te."

Of course it was sh!te. You're eating at restaurants that specialize in deep-fried brown ####### with processed cheese slopped all over it, 'food' that arrived pre-cooked and frozen at the loading dock behind the restaurant. They simply thaw it out and serve it to you. I know a guy who drives a forklift in a big freezer warehouse, where all they do is move around big pallets of frozen crappy pre-made food to ship to all those 'American' restaurants. If you really need to eat out, save your Chili's money in a coffee can and use it to eat at a real restaurant with a lesser frequency.

For the love of all that is good, expand your palates, folks. I realize those crappy Chili's-type joints are a cheap alternative to the gourmet restaurants that this country has in nearly every city, but if you want a good meal and can't afford the real restaurants, cook it yourself. Learn to cook if you can't. Knowing how to read is the only tool you need in order to cook a gourmet meal. It's that simple. Going into the market with your love and together looking over the produce to find the freshest seasonal vegetables, the freshest fish, and based upon what you find deciding on a menu right there in the shop- then going home together and making it happen is much nicer, much tastier, and generally cheaper than going out to any restaurant. And when you finish eating if you still want to go out, leave the sink full of dishes for the morning and go grab some ice cream before heading to a bar to see a live band.

Here, try this: http://www.epicurious.com/

Uncle Wally is a wise uncle. I (L) this post. Great advice :thumbs:

seriously? :dead:

you've never had good food :unsure:

I think Uncle Wally would be one of the only VJ people that could go out to dinner with me. Everyone else would be so annoyed because I complain about anything that isn't perfect or I just don't eat it. I'd much rather cook something for myself than eat at Chilis. I can never find stuff on menus for places like that for me to eat. None of it even sounds appealing.

:lol: so because I like TGI's I have never had good food..??

my mom is one of the best cooks I know... she doesn't make the fru fru food.. just good home-cooked meals...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
Outback is OK, but quite overpriced IMO.

It's bad news for veggies - IIRC there were no vegetarian entrees on the menu the last time I was there but that was a few years ago so maybe it's changed. Yeah why would a vegetarian Hindu go to a STEAKHOUSE but sometimes when you are with friends/family it would be nice to have something... There is a local(NYC) steakhouse chain Jackson Hole - I saw their menu once and I was surprised at how many veggie options there were - pasta, salads, etc.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Timeline

Me either - but Applebees OTOH..... :dead:

we like Applebees too ...:lol:

it is Chilis we don't like.. some things are ok, like their Chicken tortilla soup and their mashed potaotes...

mvSuprise-hug.gif