Trumplestiltskin

The 20 Worst Foods in America

247 posts in this topic

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American portion sizes are usually large which contributes to overeating and a lot more fatties taking up space.

We went to Oggi's Friday and I couldn't finish the Cobb Salad, it was way too much. Of course Claudeth then proceeded in ordering a medium pizza to take home :blink: Their medium is larger than most large :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Red Robin sucks monkey ballz...or at least the last few times I've eaten there.

My husband and I LOVED Red Robin! But when the bill was $30 for two meals, we decided its a "special occasion" dinner.

:lol: I hear ya though! We are really cheap about eating out. We never spend $30 or more eating out unless it's a special occasion. That might be 2 times a year. We prefer $15 and a couple dollars in tip, and still we don't do that very much. $6.99 Large pizza on Monday nights from PJ's Pizza is our kinda price.

Edited by Parivar CSK

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I LOVED Red Robin! But when the bill was $30 for two meals, we decided its a "special occasion" dinner.

:lol: I hear ya though! We are really cheap about eating out. We never spend $30 or more eating out unless it's a special occasion. That might be 2 times a year. We prefer $15 and a couple dollars in tip, and still we don't do that very much. $6.99 Large pizza on Monday nights from PJ's Pizza is our kinda price.

Wow! I'm living in a different world. :wacko:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Wow! I'm living in a different world. :wacko:

Yep.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we spend 30 dollars a meal maybe once a month or less at TGI Fridays or Applebees .

otherwise we pay about 10 to 15 dollars when we eat out which is usually only on the weekends during the week I usually cook at home...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
we spend 30 dollars a meal maybe once a month or less at TGI Fridays or Applebees .

otherwise we pay about 10 to 15 dollars when we eat out which is usually only on the weekends during the week I usually cook at home...

Sujeet is mister frugal (sometimes a miser lol) so it's rare he wants to go somewhere that will cost us that much!

Timeline

Sujeet is mister frugal (sometimes a miser lol) so it's rare he wants to go somewhere that will cost us that much!

my hubby is the opposite of frugal... lol .. he doesn't mind going out to eat and paying 20 to 30 bucks for a meal... although I don't protest too much :whistle:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

my hubby is the opposite of frugal... lol .. he doesn't mind going out to eat and paying 20 to 30 bucks for a meal... although for my part, I don't protest too much :whistle:

:lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I roll my eyes when I hear things like "American food sucks. When I went to America, I ate at Chili's and TGIFridays, and it was sh!te, so American food sucks."

I'm also puzzled when I meet Americans who say that slop is their favorite food.

"It was sh!te."

Of course it was sh!te. You're eating at restaurants that specialize in deep-fried brown ####### with processed cheese slopped all over it, 'food' that arrived pre-cooked and frozen at the loading dock behind the restaurant. They simply thaw it out and serve it to you. I know a guy who drives a forklift in a big freezer warehouse, where all they do is move around big pallets of frozen crappy pre-made food to ship to all those 'American' restaurants. If you really need to eat out, save your Chili's money in a coffee can and use it to eat at a real restaurant with a lesser frequency.

For the love of all that is good, expand your palates, folks. I realize those crappy Chili's-type joints are a cheap alternative to the gourmet restaurants that this country has in nearly every city, but if you want a good meal and can't afford the real restaurants, cook it yourself. Learn to cook if you can't. Knowing how to read is the only tool you need in order to cook a gourmet meal. It's that simple. Going into the market with your love and together looking over the produce to find the freshest seasonal vegetables, the freshest fish, and based upon what you find deciding on a menu right there in the shop- then going home together and making it happen is much nicer, much tastier, and generally cheaper than going out to any restaurant. And when you finish eating if you still want to go out, leave the sink full of dishes for the morning and go grab some ice cream before heading to a bar to see a live band.

Here, try this: http://www.epicurious.com/

Edited by Uncle Wally

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Timeline
I roll my eyes when I hear things like "American food sucks. When I went to America, I ate at Chili's and TGIFridays, and it was sh!te, so American food sucks."

I'm also puzzled when I meet Americans (usually from crappy uncultured states like Indiana or elsewhere in the Mississippi watershed) who say that slop is their favorite food.

"It was sh!te."

Of course it was sh!te. You're eating at restaurants that specialize in deep-fried brown ####### with processed cheese slopped all over it, 'food' that arrived pre-cooked and frozen at the loading dock behind the restaurant. They simply thaw it out and serve it to you. I know a guy who drives a forklift in a big freezer warehouse, where all they do is move around big pallets of frozen crappy pre-made food to ship to all those 'American' restaurants. If you really need to eat out, save your Chili's money in a coffee can and use it to eat at a real restaurant with a lesser frequency.

For the love of all that is good, expand your palates, folks. I realize those crappy Chili's-type joints are a cheap alternative to the gourmet restaurants that this country has in nearly every city, but if you want a good meal and can't afford the real restaurants, cook it yourself. Learn to cook if you can't. Knowing how to read is the only tool you need in order to cook a gourmet meal. It's that simple. Going into the market with your love and together looking over the produce to find the freshest seasonal vegetables, the freshest fish, and based upon what you find deciding on a menu right there in the shop- then going home together and making it happen is much nicer, much tastier, and generally cheaper than going out to any restaurant. And when you finish eating if you still want to go out, leave the sink full of dishes for the morning and go grab some ice cream before heading to a bar to see a live band.

Here, try this: http://www.epicurious.com/

That was fantastic! Thank you! I've been trying to hammer that point in for the longest time on here and virtually no one gets it! :thumbs: