duane

I-129F NVC - Worried about my I-129f and other documents

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am worried about getting my I-129f denied. I send in a lot of emails that both my self and fiancee wrote to each other and, the reason I am worried because we call each other husband and wife in every email. She uses my last name in her signature on every email. What is the likely hood we will be denied and, what will I need to show that we are not married?

I sent 23 pictures of us together in different areas of Japan and with her friends and family and I figured that would have been pretty good for proof. I also sent my the itenarary for the flight I took and the credit card bill for that flight and an Item I bought in Japan on my credit card. We also both wrote letters on how we feel about each other which was not required but I wanted to give them much more proof than they needed hopping that they will not delay the process asking for more proof.

The other question I would like to ask is do I need to get another notarized copy of my letter of intent to marry and divorce and send to her? Do I need to sign a new I-129f and G-325a along with everything else I sent to the USCIS and send to my fiancee? I scanded everything I sent and emailed them to her but am not sure if I need to get everything notarized again.

Thank you all for your time have a great day.

Duane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Chello

Well as far as getting denied for the name calling in the emails i dont see how that can hurt you. if you were married before and send in the documentation proving your divorce you should be ok. As far as the proof goes i believe that they are more interested in knowing if you guys met at this point in time and if you i guess qualify to go to an interview. I think that when you get to the interview theya re really interested in if the relationship is real or not. I also sent in a flight ticket as well as cell phone bills, phone cards, a letter jhonatan sent to my mother and i just got approved so that should work out. You should absoluetly send anything you sent to uscis to her. Anything can happen. Taking a duplicate of what you sent plus additional proof is always a plus. Being organized and having that information can save you valuable time. I would like to say that it really depends on the person that opens your paper and how organized your packet is. I read on here that a lot of people got RFEs because they did not put their pictures in a clear bag or something. I put my pictures in an envelope and still got approved. so if you sent off your packet dont worry about it until you hear something because there is really nothing you can do but wait. but i am sure everything will be fine :)

Timeline
Chello

Well as far as getting denied for the name calling in the emails i dont see how that can hurt you. if you were married before and send in the documentation proving your divorce you should be ok. As far as the proof goes i believe that they are more interested in knowing if you guys met at this point in time and if you i guess qualify to go to an interview. I think that when you get to the interview theya re really interested in if the relationship is real or not. I also sent in a flight ticket as well as cell phone bills, phone cards, a letter jhonatan sent to my mother and i just got approved so that should work out. You should absoluetly send anything you sent to uscis to her. Anything can happen. Taking a duplicate of what you sent plus additional proof is always a plus. Being organized and having that information can save you valuable time. I would like to say that it really depends on the person that opens your paper and how organized your packet is. I read on here that a lot of people got RFEs because they did not put their pictures in a clear bag or something. I put my pictures in an envelope and still got approved. so if you sent off your packet dont worry about it until you hear something because there is really nothing you can do but wait. but i am sure everything will be fine :)

Thank you for the information

I used document protectors and used a lable machine to label each on I put her g-325a separate from mine and the pictures in a clear ziplock bag and then into a document protector I had I think 15 or more different document protectors each labled. I believe my packet is organized and I wanted safe but easy to disassemble that is why I chose to use tocument protectors. I did not want to stapel or paper clip anything. I was very organized and methodical on how I put my packet together. My emails and hers were in separate too.

I am only worried about the emails mainly however, my lawyer for the divorce filed in a different county than I live in but said it would be ok since we did not own any property. I hope since it is a court certified copy of the divorce that it will be fine with them.

Court certified (embossed and stamped) copies of divorce decrees are fine for sending in with the I-129F, OR, you can make copies of a certified, embossed, stamped divorce decree (using a xerox machine) and send that one it too and it will be accepted.

It doesn't matter which county your divorce was filed in, as long as you are divorced at the time of filing the I-129F.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
Court certified (embossed and stamped) copies of divorce decrees are fine for sending in with the I-129F, OR, you can make copies of a certified, embossed, stamped divorce decree (using a xerox machine) and send that one it too and it will be accepted.

It doesn't matter which county your divorce was filed in, as long as you are divorced at the time of filing the I-129F.

I was divorced before I filed and its (emossed and stamped). I want to thank everyone for there input

Have a great day

Duane

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I am worried about getting my I-129f denied. I send in a lot of emails that both my self and fiancee wrote to each other and, the reason I am worried because we call each other husband and wife in every email. She uses my last name in her signature on every email. What is the likely hood we will be denied and, what will I need to show that we are not married?

I sent 23 pictures of us together in different areas of Japan and with her friends and family and I figured that would have been pretty good for proof. I also sent my the itenarary for the flight I took and the credit card bill for that flight and an Item I bought in Japan on my credit card. We also both wrote letters on how we feel about each other which was not required but I wanted to give them much more proof than they needed hopping that they will not delay the process asking for more proof.

The other question I would like to ask is do I need to get another notarized copy of my letter of intent to marry and divorce and send to her? Do I need to sign a new I-129f and G-325a along with everything else I sent to the USCIS and send to my fiancee? I scanded everything I sent and emailed them to her but am not sure if I need to get everything notarized again.

Thank you all for your time have a great day.

Duane

I think the others that responded, misunderstood your concern. Your concern is that although you are not married, in you emails you refer to each other as husband and wife and she signs, Mrs (your last name). This is defininitely NOT GOOD but she may be able to explain it at the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thank you for the information

I used document protectors and used a lable machine to label each on I put her g-325a separate from mine and the pictures in a clear ziplock bag and then into a document protector I had I think 15 or more different document protectors each labled. I believe my packet is organized and I wanted safe but easy to disassemble that is why I chose to use tocument protectors. I did not want to stapel or paper clip anything. I was very organized and methodical on how I put my packet together. My emails and hers were in separate too.

I am only worried about the emails mainly however, my lawyer for the divorce filed in a different county than I live in but said it would be ok since we did not own any property. I hope since it is a court certified copy of the divorce that it will be fine with them.

My answer refers to this concern of the OP, I did not misunderstand the question.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think the others that responded, misunderstood your concern. Your concern is that although you are not married, in you emails you refer to each other as husband and wife and she signs, Mrs (your last name). This is defininitely NOT GOOD but she may be able to explain it at the interview.

This is what I think too...at the interview they will probably ask her why she referer to u as her husband if u are not married... i think she should prepare to get a good explanation about it and maybe it wouldn't hurt to also get a certificate of singleness (if avaible in Japan).

Edited by *Giuly and Rocky*

OUR TIMELINE for K1

09.26.2008: Petition Sent to California Service Center by UPS

10.01.2008: NOA1

11.12.2008: NOA2

11.17.2008: NVC Received Our Case

11.24.2008: Consulate Received Our Case

12.29.2008: Medical Exam at 8.15 am / PASSED

12.30.2008: INTERVIEW AT 10.00 A.M. / VISA IN HAND!

01.23.2009: POE

02.21.2009: Wedding

OUR TIMELINE for AOS

04.16.2009: AOS Package Sent To Chicago by UPS

04.21.2009: NOA1

05.14.2009: Biometrics Appointment and Touch for AOS and EAD

06.01.2009: EAD Card Ordered and AP Approved

06.05.2009: Received AP in the Mailbox

06.08.2009: Received EAD in the Mailbox

08.22.2009: INTERVIEW AT 12.30 P.M. / APPROVED!

09.02.2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

OUR TIMELINE for I-751

06.03.2011: I-751 Package Sent To California Service Center

06.07.2011: NOA1

06.27.2011: Biometrics Appointment

12.19.2011: NOA2

12.23.2011: GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Timeline

Yeah but she only says that in the emails but at the same time not all of the emails does she use my last name. But everything she signed like the letter of intent to marry she signed using her first and last name and it was notarized at the US consulat in Osaka. The same with her G-325a and everything else she signed only the emails is where she will use my last name. I was just worried that they may think because of the email and only the emails that we are married. I was only divorce offically for 2 days when I got to japan and the divorce did not have time to be processed through the system to be able to get a divorce.

Timeline

Yeah but she only says that in the emails but at the same time not all of the emails does she use my last name. But everything she signed like the letter of intent to marry she signed using her first and last name and it was notarized at the US consulat in Osaka. The same with her G-325a and everything else she signed only the emails is where she will use my last name. I was just worried that they may think because of the email and only the emails that we are married. I was only divorce offically for 2 days when I got to japan and the divorce did not have time to be processed through the system to be able to get a divorce.

I would suggest she stop referring to you as her husband or to herself as Mrs. ... and that you submit no more evidence that does so, then prepare both an explanation and apology for any confusion. They'll understand it is explained as some silly thing people in love do and you in fact are NOT husband and wife.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would suggest she stop referring to you as her husband or to herself as Mrs. ... and that you submit no more evidence that does so, then prepare both an explanation and apology for any confusion. They'll understand it is explained as some silly thing people in love do and you in fact are NOT husband and wife.

My fiance called me husband in some of the emails I sent for evidence also. I see that it is bad but why is this a bad thing? Just curious

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

My fiance called me husband in some of the emails I sent for evidence also. I see that it is bad but why is this a bad thing? Just curious

if noticed by th CO at the interview, it could cause unnecessary questions. the interview can be stressful enough without having questions asked that could have been avoided.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Because being married would disqualify one from obtaining a K1 visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I Understand what you are saying everyone and thank you for the advice I have already told her to refer to her self with her name not mine. I have also told her that we can not refer to each other as husband and wife in emails because my government is that stupid to assume we are married based off of emails.

Now in Japan the only way to get married is civil they do not reconize church or temple weddings. If you wish to marry in Japan, you will do so according to Japanese law. Marriage in Japan consists of a civil marriage registration by the couple at a Japanese municipal government office.

Only this civil registration constitutes a legal marriage in Japan. Ceremonies performed by religious or fraternal bodies in Japan, while perhaps more meaningful for you, are not legal marriages.Consular officers unfortunately cannot perform marriages.

And since I was divorced on the 10th of November and left on the 10th from the states there is no way I could could get married. Based on the fact it takes a minumum of a week for the divorce papers to go through the clerks office in Texas. Second as I said above only civil is legal and I have not been to the consulat or an affidavet and would not be able to get one with out the divorce papers.

Again thank you everyone for your information

Duane

Timeline

I Understand what you are saying everyone and thank you for the advice I have already told her to refer to her self with her name not mine. I have also told her that we can not refer to each other as husband and wife in emails because my government is that stupid to assume we are married based off of emails.

Now in Japan the only way to get married is civil they do not reconize church or temple weddings. If you wish to marry in Japan, you will do so according to Japanese law. Marriage in Japan consists of a civil marriage registration by the couple at a Japanese municipal government office.

Only this civil registration constitutes a legal marriage in Japan. Ceremonies performed by religious or fraternal bodies in Japan, while perhaps more meaningful for you, are not legal marriages.Consular officers unfortunately cannot perform marriages.

And since I was divorced on the 10th of November and left on the 10th from the states there is no way I could could get married. Based on the fact it takes a minumum of a week for the divorce papers to go through the clerks office in Texas. Second as I said above only civil is legal and I have not been to the consulat or an affidavet and would not be able to get one with out the divorce papers.

Again thank you everyone for your information

Duane

Technicalities noted but this is not a game you want to play because winning can be "eventual" and what you want is to be reunited without delay.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.