LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Click for Article

That's a lot of balloons

The good news for taxpayers: Inaugural celebrations are paid for by the inaugural committee — and Obama has, once again, been a very successful fundraiser — at least $41 million by recent counts.

"It will be the most security, as far as I'm aware, that any inauguration's had."

Lets see ..Bush sent 42 million Oboma 150 million. Wait until you see your taxes next year ...let the spending begin ... Everyone forgets why you never want to let the democrats get in control of spending. You will be paying for it for decades.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I donated monies towards the cause. How wonderful it would of been if I was one of the few chosen to attend with all expense's paid.

Anyone attending?

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning subbies. i see politics wandered thru here recently.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Watching the today show is just so inspirational. :innocent:

Seeing all the people who have donated their homes and money to help people who are less fortunate come to the inauguration.

I have never been one to go to big events, but I sure wish I could be there to witness history.

This is a week of history and celebration. It means more to some individuals. It is a milestone that may never could imagine would come to light. Let's not water it down with complaint or negativity. Obama gets everything he deserves from his higher power.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Obama deserves every penny on his Inauguration day. First this includes the cost of increased security. Obama will have to have double the security then any other president, because there are still ignorant people out there that will attempt to kill him just for the pure fact of his race. Increased cost on security will go hand and hand on the fact that this Inauguration will have a historical turnout.

There are amazing things to come out of his election term.

Whether you are Democratic or Republican, you can see the worst in each party. So there is no need to spend time arguing over who is right and wrong, spend time on what is needed to be done today to right the wrongs of yesterday.

We can find things each party spends money on that we do not agree on. Lets focus on things the money is spent on that we agree with?

Bringing the focus back to the people and not the business is a good thing. Our founding fathers started this government of the people by the people for the people not government of the businesses, by the businesses for the businesses.

As usual, you have spoken the truth and nothing but the truth with this one.

I donated monies towards the cause. How wonderful it would of been if I was one of the few chosen to attend with all expense's paid.

Anyone attending?

Idocare, I also donated my lil $25 towards his fundraising in the hopes that I would be 1 of 10 chosen to go, lol. I'm so glad to see that "the movement" is still strong even AFTER the campaign. Boaz got tickets to go from her Senator, but I don't know if anyone else is attending.

:lol: ...never said I agreed with it, did I? Just sayin give the man a chance. Can't compare apples and oranges. My political affiliation has nothing to do with anything..I voted for the best candidate...not for a political party. It's walking the walk...not just talking the talk! It's past due for change, and the proof will be in the pudding!

If I recall correctly (and correct me if I am wrong) the TALK was cutting out excess spending - so where is the WALK? I completely understand the extra security needed but I highly doubt it costs and extra $108 MILLION. And I realized this is a big point in history - so was Christ's birth yet he came without all the pomp and circumstance.

How much do you think ANY African country spent on bringing in their new president?? When Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf became the FIRST WOMAN president of an African country it was JUST AS historical as having an African-American president here. Do you think they spent the equivalent of $150 MILLION?? ummmm NO WAY!!! They had/have more important things to do with their money. One thing I learned from my short trip to Senegal WE ARE SPOILED ROTTEN here and we place TOO MUCH value on excess and frills. We DON'T need all this extra stuff, we need to be taking care of the people in our country who have nothing, taking care of the sick, taking care of the orphaned, taking care of the widows, taking care of those left behind when a parent/SO goes to prison, we HAVE to start thinking outside our SELF otherwise our nation will just become another Roman empire and will fall quickly and hard. Each instance of excess leads to another big and better - SOMEONE needs to draw the line and say, "I will make the CHANGE, I will stop thinking of self first, I will humbly SERVE the nation I was voted to lead." I guess I hoped it would start this week and I am utterly disappointed. When this week is over $150 MILLION will be gone and we have NOTHING to show for it there's some "Proof puddin'"

OK down from the box I come.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Other Timeline

ahhh, geeeeeeeesh, :o I've done upset the african continent

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:D I know y'all have no idea what I'm talking bout so here goes,

I am a member on another site (christian) :innocent:

and I get bombarded by love interests from afar,

well "being that I am the kinda girl that I am, :devil: "

I kindly, but firmly kick dey a$$ to da curb (F) ,

well this morning {lawd :wow: } my inbox was full of emails with "vengence is mine sayeth the lord"

prayers for "that man" who done me wrong, and uplifting scriptures encouraging me to have faith, pray without ceasing, and undying confessions of "only the Good Lord in Heaven knows why I could not resist your profile!" :rolleyes:

this world is hilarious :goofy: , welp, I done had my laughter for the day :jest:

Edited by UNO...

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

Good afternoon, subbies!

P, will you pls email me at work from your home email? I've been wanting to talk to you, but I got that evil auto response from your work one.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

LL and MJ I am right there with you :thumbs::thumbs:

I guess that some people do not realise the history that is happening in this country, a country that has been so broken for so long.

Before my Husband came here I warned him about the prejudice in this country, but he did not realise what I was saying until he came here and experienced it first hand himself. It is so upsetting to have been witness to the problems that he has had because of the color of his skin. I felt so awful for him and felt so powerless to help him. It is an awful invalidating feeling. He said to me that he hopes that the rifts between white and black people can be mended in this country. He cant believe how bad it really still is.

Money and Government issues aside, tomorrow the first BLACK MAN is going to be sworn in as THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA. He deserves all of the celebration for an achievement that many of us never thought we would see in our lifetime. Let him have it, let US as a nation have it.

I, like my Husband pray for the deep wounds of this country to be healed.

(L) P

Obama deserves every penny on his Inauguration day. First this includes the cost of increased security. Obama will have to have double the security then any other president, because there are still ignorant people out there that will attempt to kill him just for the pure fact of his race. Increased cost on security will go hand and hand on the fact that this Inauguration will have a historical turnout.

Whether you are Democratic or Republican, you can see the worst in each party. So there is no need to spend time arguing over who is right and wrong, spend time on what is needed to be done today to right the wrongs of yesterday.

We can find things each party spends money on that we do not agree on. Lets focus on things the money is spent on that we agree with?

Bringing the focus back to the people and not the business is a good thing. Our founding fathers started this government of the people by the people for the people not government of the businesses, by the businesses for the businesses.

Anyone attending?

Idocare, I also donated my lil $25 towards his fundraising in the hopes that I would be 1 of 10 chosen to go, lol. I'm so glad to see that "the movement" is still strong even AFTER the campaign. Boaz got tickets to go from her Senator, but I don't know if anyone else is attending.

Timeline

K Mzzz Thang...

Did you get it??

Good afternoon, subbies!

P, will you pls email me at work from your home email? I've been wanting to talk to you, but I got that evil auto response from your work one.

Timeline

Not attending but I did take the day off to watch ALL of the historic coverage. :thumbs:

Anyone attending?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't care what color he is. He shouldn't be spending all that money when the economy is in the dumps. Would you be behind all that spending if Hilary won and was the first female, or when the first gay person wins. Wreakless spending is wrong no matter what excuse it is fronted under. But he does remond me of some of the african leaders. Get in power and thow a big old party and toss that money around to your people. Who cares who many peoples jobs/homes/ ??? could have been saved with that money.

LL and MJ I am right there with you :thumbs::thumbs:

I guess that some people do not realise the history that is happening in this country, a country that has been so broken for so long.

Before my Husband came here I warned him about the prejudice in this country, but he did not realise what I was saying until he came here and experienced it first hand himself. It is so upsetting to have been witness to the problems that he has had because of the color of his skin. I felt so awful for him and felt so powerless to help him. It is an awful invalidating feeling. He said to me that he hopes that the rifts between white and black people can be mended in this country. He cant believe how bad it really still is.

Money and Government issues aside, tomorrow the first BLACK MAN is going to be sworn in as THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA. He deserves all of the celebration for an achievement that many of us never thought we would see in our lifetime. Let him have it, let US as a nation have it.

I, like my Husband pray for the deep wounds of this country to be healed.

(L) P

Anyone attending?

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
K Mzzz Thang...

Did you get it??

Good afternoon, subbies!

Yes, got it!

Sylvia, is Obama himself in charge of planning this "party", the festivities, and the money going towards it? Also, I thought it was stated that the Inauguration Committee is in charge of paying for it and not the taxpayers...is this incorrect?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.