nunyab

anyone with family in GAZA??

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Someone prompted me to ask hubby about donating to Gaza last night and this is what he told me...

He had a friend who is a multi millionaire here in the states. This friend had family in Gaza so he was sending money over to help not only his family but anyone else the family could help. The US government found out about it and stripped this man of his US citizenship. He had been in the states for over 20 years and they pulled it out from under him just like that. They took his green card and had him deported with no return allowed. They warned him that if he had any other foreign friends who were helping Gaza, he should warn them that this will happen to them too because helping gaza in any way is aiding terrorist organizations.

This halted my idea of helping because although I wish with my heart and soul that I could do something for them...I don't want my husband to be deported. So what is left to do??? Pray. I'm praying as hard as I can every day that the remaining civilians stay safe and unharmed...It's sad....

This is precisely why my husband did research last night and found the 2 UN agencies listed above that one can donate through. He doesn't want the government ceasing the money from a charity without it getting there. I can't imagine if one donates through the UN that there would be any trouble.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Someone prompted me to ask hubby about donating to Gaza last night and this is what he told me...

He had a friend who is a multi millionaire here in the states. This friend had family in Gaza so he was sending money over to help not only his family but anyone else the family could help. The US government found out about it and stripped this man of his US citizenship. He had been in the states for over 20 years and they pulled it out from under him just like that. They took his green card and had him deported with no return allowed. They warned him that if he had any other foreign friends who were helping Gaza, he should warn them that this will happen to them too because helping gaza in any way is aiding terrorist organizations.

This halted my idea of helping because although I wish with my heart and soul that I could do something for them...I don't want my husband to be deported. So what is left to do??? Pray. I'm praying as hard as I can every day that the remaining civilians stay safe and unharmed...It's sad....

This is precisely why my husband did research last night and found the 2 UN agencies listed above that one can donate through. He doesn't want the government ceasing the money from a charity without it getting there. I can't imagine if one donates through the UN that there would be any trouble.

But since the UN cannot even get in how will the money eventually get to Gaza?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
But since the UN cannot even get in how will the money eventually get to Gaza?

There have been several dozen UNRWA aid trucks that have made it in in the last few days, although not nearly enough to meet the demand. But then, that's better then nothing at this point.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am calling to anyone that has family in Gaza I can rally a bunch of people here in Seattle to send donations... I work for fedex office as a part time job and can send things there if they can distribute???

Let me know please... i am going to work now but will check in insha'allah

~Rajaa

Blankets,

Clothes for kids?

radios?

toiletries?

books?

let me know

Check out these web sites :

http://www.freegaza.org/

http://www.yvonneridley.org/

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline
Blog post on efforts in Jordan to send aid. Be warned, there is a picture of dead children at the bottom of the post.

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh how awful! :crying::crying: It just breaks my heart to see what those people are going thru and the poor children! :crying:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Inappropriate content removed.

:luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Inappropriate content removed.

:luv:

what did it say?!?!?!?! :blink:

stupidity from an idiot who was duly reported sister

fixxored

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.