Seperated_Lovers

Where is new I-129F?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks GOD, today i recieved NOA1 for I-130.

Now, given all the rumors about IMBRA, should I not file I-129F for her?

If I should then where is the new form? Or should I use the old one?

If I use the old one, or those who used the old form I-129F, will USCIS return it to us to ask questions about background check?

Please clear up this confusion for me. Those who filed I-129F for K3 after March 6th, 2006 please give me some suggestios.

I am waiting.

Thanks a million in advance.

The present I-129F is still in use. USCIS has given no instructions for this form not to be used. It is still the current form. When they require further information they will send out an RFE. So my advice is to file the I-129F if you are wishing to do K-3. There is no time like the present.

All the best

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It sounds like you're married and wondering if a K3 from Pakistan will be longer or more difficult than a straight I-130. No one knows the full impact of IMBRA yet. But you could hedge your bets. You could sumbit the I-129f and see if it's approved faster. If not, just continue with the I-130.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If I use the old one, or those who used the old form I-129F, will USCIS return it to us to ask questions about background check?

Please clear up this confusion for me. Those who filed I-129F for K3 after March 6th, 2006 please give me some suggestios.

I am waiting.

The USCIS requested OMB Approval of the new I-129F Form by June 9... that's tomorrow... Can you wait one more day?

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

I am waiting.

The USCIS requested OMB Approval of the new I-129F Form by June 9... that's tomorrow... Can you wait one more day?

Good plan........I only just noticed that. Heres hoping for all those waiting.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congrats on getting NOA1 so quickly. I was told it takes 4 to 6 weeks.. I sent mine out the same day you did, but it was at the TSC so maybe Vermont is just faster at this point..

I-129F Timeline

07-14-06-I-129F Sent

07-16-06-I-129F Arrived in Chicago

07-20-06-I-129F NOA 1

07-27-06-Touched

10-23-06-Touched

11-18-06-Touched

11-22-06-Touched

11-24-06-Approved

11-27-06-Touched

12-04-06-NVC Received

12-06-06-NVC Left

12-14-06-Arrived at Consulate

01-04-07-Packet 3 Received

01-05-07-Packet 3 Sent

01-10-07-Medical Examination

02-13-07-Interview in Johannesburg

So I should wait to post off my I-129f petition then too? Gee I hope the new form is ready soon because I wouldn't like to get an RFE weeeeeeep....

Laura Mitchell

Oh yeah...lol CONGRATS ON YOUR NOA1!!!! Feels great doesn't it???

Edited by Laura_and_IanM

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

I am waiting.

I was going to wait to file the I-129f, but this morning I have looked at the expiration date on the current form and it is for the 30th of June. I don't have time to wait that long so I am going to just go with it and send ours in on Monday. If they post the new one on the site between now and then, then I will do it over and send that one in on Monday instead, but I won't be holding my breath that they will update it. Knowing my luck lol, they will update it the day AFTER I post it. My father always said I was the walking definition of Murphy's Law lol. :whistle:

TIMELINE

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I wonder will there be an increase in the filing fee with the new form?

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I was going to wait to file the I-129f, but this morning I have looked at the expiration date on the current form and it is for the 30th of June. I don't have time to wait that long so I am going to just go with it and send ours in on Monday. If they post the new one on the site between now and then, then I will do it over and send that one in on Monday instead, but I won't be holding my breath that they will update it. Knowing my luck lol, they will update it the day AFTER I post it. My father always said I was the walking definition of Murphy's Law lol[/color]. :whistle:

If you go ahead and send it now with the old form, don't send a new one when you see it. That will confuse the whole situation. You will be better off waiting until they send you a RFE to request the additional information that will be missing from your original I-129 petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Strike that. They have now asked for an additional 30 days for comment which ends June 26. Given their inefficiency regarding this entire process, it now seems unlikely that they will actually provide a form (let alone any information) before the end of July.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/mu...&WAISmaxHits=40

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of an Existing

Information Collection; Comment Request

ACTION: 30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review; Exemption from NSEERS Registration

Requirements (OMB Control No. 1653–0035).

The Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and CustomsEnforcement (ICE) has submitted the

following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on February 28, 2006 at 71 FR 10044, allowing for a 60- day public comment period. No comments were received by ICE on thisproposed information collection. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until June 26, 2006

I sent out my I-129f petition yesterday. As far as getting an RFE that still isn't guaranteed that K-3 petitioners will get one, but even if we do, I won't be bothered. At this rate we will probably be better off going through with the I-130/CR-1...Either way, I am not going to worry because that isn't going to get us any closer to the end. FAITH FAITH FAITH...oh and yeah...patience lol.

Goodluck to everyone

Laura Mitchell

TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.