Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I just called DOS (at Sharon's)....

They have my case and said the embassy will be writing to me soon with an interview date -- YAY! About time I had some luck!

AND....I had my medical today - very uneventful really. In and out in half an hour.

:star:

I was there for b"""dy ages! what was that about? they left me sitting in that gown thing for the longest time and it was freezing!

ha ha and I was in and out in under half an hour hahahahahahaha

at least i missed more work that way i guess... otherwise, not impressed!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at least i missed more work that way i guess... otherwise, not impressed!

I still have to book mine. Eee, so exciting...!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Does anyone know if the photos the embassy need are the same as US passport ones, size wise?

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does anyone know if the photos the embassy need are the same as US passport ones, size wise?

Yup two US sized ones.

Cool ty, Managed to found two I had done last time I was in the US and was worried in case I had to get more as the photo place doesnt open till 0830 and my interview appt is at 9.

But I guess I wont be seen on time :whistle:

K1 129 days to approval

K1 179 days to interview

EAD 45 days to approval

AP 45 days to approval

AOS 69 days to approval

30676823812870142081311.th.jpg 29163923186364479831311.th.jpg 24342521234856493351311.th.jpg 28087022132678138331311.th.jpg

Nick and I in Sept '11, 2 pics of Ryan - 2 yrs old - handsome as EVER!, and one of the whole family (including Shan's mom) at Becca's 16th birthday dinner.

tND8m4.png

Timeline

Does anyone know really how long it will take from your NOA2 until your interview. Im trying to plan a march 21 wedding or at least the second week in April. I got an email on jan 14 saying I was approved. But since there is no mail tomorrow ill have to see if the letter comes tuesday. This way I can let my finacee know what time frame he is looking at to go to london he is about 5 hours away.

Does anyone know really how long it will take from your NOA2 until your interview. Im trying to plan a march 21 wedding or at least the second week in April. I got an email on jan 14 saying I was approved. But since there is no mail tomorrow ill have to see if the letter comes tuesday. This way I can let my finacee know what time frame he is looking at to go to london he is about 5 hours away.

Something I didn't do that others did was put an entry date to the US on their P3 checklist, it seems to have worked for the most part. I didn't and my interview seemed to take longer to schedule.

Timeline

ok thank you very much ill pass that on to him once he gets his packet 3 in the mail. Which I am hoping he gets it in the next week or two. Dont even know how long that will take either...

Timeline

if you look at my timeline you can see that for me it took a little over two months. as DairyFarmer says, it's important to put an early entry date. i put jan 2nd as my date of entry and i was lucky to get an interview just before christmas. many other people had to wait until mid january for their interviews though, so you might want to be prepared to have to wait that long.

Timeline

okay thank you very much i appreciate it. So Im probably looking towards a march interview then or at least the end of march then ill have to prepare for an april wedding. But ill tell him to put that down and see what happens.

Timeline
okay thank you very much i appreciate it. So Im probably looking towards a march interview then or at least the end of march then ill have to prepare for an april wedding. But ill tell him to put that down and see what happens.

yeah, i'd plan for april but tell them the start of march in packet 3. good luck! :)

We planned for 3 months from our NoA2 but unfortunately didn't factor in almost a 6 week wait at NVC( a rare occurrence) so I reccomend not starting planning your dates untill you know it has left NVC for the embassy and then you won't have to deal with the dissapointment of realising you'll not make your planned date.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

oh ok never thought of that. The way my luck goes that would probably happen to me since it took me almost 7 months to get my NOA2. That is what ill do I will wait to plan everything once i goes to the embassy. thank you. How will I know will they send me an email or a letter that it left the nvc and on its way to the embassy.

Timeline
oh ok never thought of that. The way my luck goes that would probably happen to me since it took me almost 7 months to get my NOA2. That is what ill do I will wait to plan everything once i goes to the embassy. thank you. How will I know will they send me an email or a letter that it left the nvc and on its way to the embassy.

you can call them to check when it has left.

The NVC ususally sends a letter when they recieve it to say it will be sent out in the next week, that will have your LND case number on it - though I think when you call you can also use your USCIS ref number, if you haven't had that letter yet.

The number for NVC is 603-334-0700 press 1 and 5 to get a live operater, you'll need to give case number/USCIS ref number and beneficiarys & petitioners dob and they usually ask you to confirm a phone number.

You can then ask if your case has been forwarded to the embassy yet. Either the petitioner or the beneficiary can call.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.