Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
whats the longest you have stayed in usa, have you ever had a criminal conviction, how did you meet, how long did he stay, then what?, how did he propse, what does he do, how long for, what do you plan on doing for work, where does he live does he live alone, will you be living there, have you lived in any other country than uk for more than year since sixteen, sign this date that fingers on there please. ok these are good you can go pay that sms courier please. took 4 mins to get through

:thumbs:

sounds pretty much like what happened to me. when it was all over i asked him if he wanted to see any of the piles of stuff i had carried with me and he said no but it was good that i brought it in case he had wanted to! typical eh? ;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

January 2009 Interviews

Marie620.........................CR1.................................12th January 2009 Denied, to file waiver?

Jason&Sarah...................K1...................................13th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Hannah+Vito ..................K1...................................13th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Mrssmith & daughter......CR1..................................14th January 2009

ShannonNick...................K1....................................20th January 2009

Adrainanadlinsay............K1....................................23rd January 2009

(L) February 2009 Interviews (L)

DairyFarmer....................K1....................................13th February 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?

stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation

I can't accurately answer Christmas and new year screwed me up. Took about 8 weeks I guess, but I don't have my P4 yet, I called DOS, and they gave me the date and said it had all been mailed yesterday.

Edited by DairyFarmer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I can't accurately answer Christmas and new year screwed me up. Took about 8 weeks I guess, but I don't have my P4 yet, I called DOS, and they gave me the date and said it had all been mailed yesterday.

I was looking at your timeline and it seemed to take an age! Is that normal? I was really hoping to be there soon! I handed in my notice already.... But congrats on finally getting the interview!!!

We also had the bonus that the USE London sent me 1/2 P4 info in my P3 so when the lawyer 'helped' out they sent me an expired P3 form, so I had an RFE. Once that was dealt with it was better.

I actually had my medical with Hannah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We also had the bonus that the USE London sent me 1/2 P4 info in my P3 so when the lawyer 'helped' out they sent me an expired P3 form, so I had an RFE. Once that was dealt with it was better.

I actually had my medical with Hannah.

That's crazy, sounds like a great lawyer though! Did you put a date on the P3 that you wanted to leave by?

We're APPROVED We think :whistle: Was a long day with two very bored little girls but very productive and left happy.

Basically said that problem with computers today so couldn't input information to say yes you are approved but doesn't see a problem and sent us to pay for courier.

Appt was for 9am, arrived in waiting room around 8.30am and finally left at 1.15pmish!

Didn't ask us any questions that were expected at the interview stage, just had to swear to tell the truth, where had i lived after the age of 16 and that was it! More concerned with filling in a different form for our DD. They did some investigating and they found because my husband(US citizen) has adopted her she didn't need the affidavits of support, and she becomes a US citizen once she lands on US ground. She will get a US citizenship paper on arriv9ing and is eligible for passport etc.

Did had an argument with the asian lady at the first window, she was trying to say we needed DD biological fathers permission to leave the country! I just kept saying my husband has adopted her and is legally her father. She eventually after the 3rd time of telling her seemed to understand.

Timeline
We're APPROVED We think :whistle: Was a long day with two very bored little girls but very productive and left happy.

Basically said that problem with computers today so couldn't input information to say yes you are approved but doesn't see a problem and sent us to pay for courier.

Appt was for 9am, arrived in waiting room around 8.30am and finally left at 1.15pmish!

Didn't ask us any questions that were expected at the interview stage, just had to swear to tell the truth, where had i lived after the age of 16 and that was it! More concerned with filling in a different form for our DD. They did some investigating and they found because my husband(US citizen) has adopted her she didn't need the affidavits of support, and she becomes a US citizen once she lands on US ground. She will get a US citizenship paper on arriv9ing and is eligible for passport etc.

Did had an argument with the asian lady at the first window, she was trying to say we needed DD biological fathers permission to leave the country! I just kept saying my husband has adopted her and is legally her father. She eventually after the 3rd time of telling her seemed to understand.

Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Laura, please add me to the list Interview on 3rd Feb.

Bugging the hell outta them may just have worked!! hehe

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Exactly the same situation when Nick interviewed. The courier also said their computer was down so he got some kind of hand written receipt that didn't have a proper receipt number on it. Don't know if that happened to you or not. We never got a text about delivery and when we called them they asked for the receipt number and told us it didn't have enough digits and wasn't right. So it took about a week and lots of calls to SMS to finally get the visa. Just wanted to mention that, if you don't get a text from SMS in a timely manner. Compounding the delay was the SMS truck broke down the day it was finally supposed to deliver, so they didn't come.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Congratulations

Laura, please add me to the list Interview on 3rd Feb.

Bugging the hell outta them may just have worked!! hehe

Congrats on the interview date :)

I shall have to start bugging them in the hope that they let us make up the time we have been stuck in AP at NVC.

Edited by Talyss

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.