monalisa

Medical Assistant Course

11 posts in this topic

Hi there! I would like to ask who have studied medical assistant here in the US? and who has a medical assistant career? is it difficult? what do you think of it?

Thank you and God bless

CR1 VISA

TIMELINES:

February 27,2008--------NVC recieved the I-130 from USCIS

May 27,2008------------CASE COMPLETE!!

June 23,2008-------------MEDICAL EXAMINATION AT ST. LUKES (PASSED)

July 11,2008-------------INTERVIEW AT MANILA EMBASSY @ 6:30AM...( APPROVED, PINK SLIP ) THANK U LORD...

July 15,2008-------------VISA IN HAND....Thanks God!

July 22,2008-------------My flight to Michigan (Exciting.....)

July 23,2008-------------Arrived in Michigan, POE - Detroit

August 02,2008-------------Recieved my SSN CARD

August 09,2008-------------Recieved my GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

mbc - from general polls to ot

reason - not a poll.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

ohh okay..sorry

CR1 VISA

TIMELINES:

July 11,2008-------------INTERVIEW AT MANILA EMBASSY @ 6:30AM...( APPROVED, PINK SLIP ) THANK U LORD...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there! I would like to ask who have studied medical assistant here in the US? and who has a medical assistant career? is it difficult? what do you think of it?

Thank you and God bless

Just one word of caution, don't take the course from one of the private technical schools, but instead from your local community college. Community college is much cheaper and also a better education and you'll always be able to transfer credits and apply credits to actual degree programs.

Technical schools will promise the world to you... don't believe them.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

hello there!!!...i graduated bsn from ph, but im not license.,like you am planning to study nursing associates, but am not sure how would its gonna be studying here in states...surely its so different here there medical setting, etcc,,,but anyways, good luck to your endeavor..merry x'mas!!

Sally Simpson

I sent my wife to a private CNA school here in Hawaii. Course was VERY tough with quite a few drop outs. Cost was $750 plus everyday expenses. Took 3 weeks.

Wife was hired right after she graduated by a "nursing home without walls company". GOOD pay and GREAT benefits.

She's only been working 6 months and she's already made over 18K! Not to shabby for someone who worked for 10 years for the Philippine government and was up making $148 a month!

She sometimes now makes that in one day with OT.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The starting point in the U.S. is the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). A successful graduate of the program is licensed by the state after passing the certification exam. Programs with other names (perhaps medical assistant is one of them) do not lead to a career or even licensing. It is amazing how many commercial colleges (often on-line) offer such unrecognized programs for a nice fee.

Timeline
The starting point in the U.S. is the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). A successful graduate of the program is licensed by the state after passing the certification exam. Programs with other names (perhaps medical assistant is one of them) do not lead to a career or even licensing. It is amazing how many commercial colleges (often on-line) offer such unrecognized programs for a nice fee.

Yes! This is what my posts was basically warning against.

If you go to any commercial for-profit schools, don't trust what they tell you. Verify whatever they tell you by taking their sales-pitch (all the documents) to the local community college. The Registrar's Office at the college will advise you and they aren't getting any commission pay for their advice.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks evryone..it took me a long time to reply because i just got home from vacation.anyway, i appreciated all the replies.for now i am still looking for colleges.

CR1 VISA

TIMELINES:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am a Medical Assiatant and have a degree in my own country.

In the state of Missouri you dont need a Medical Assistant schooling

Not sure what it is like in other states but a friend of mine lives in another state and she did not need it either.

You can however get certified but my honest opinion would be not to do that, I think it is a waste of time and money. If you want to go to school I would go for LPN or RN. They are both very high paid jobs here in the US and very well invested money. And if I would not be pregnant right now then I would go for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah my wife wants to go in this direction, but I don't see how she could get over the language

hump to keep up.

She's a hard worker but .. I don't know.

Nobody mentioned it so I thought I might, there are a number of Hospitals in my area (I imagine everywhere) which will pay for your nursing studies in exchange; you agree to work for that facility for a certain amount of time.

Anyone have any experience with this?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn