Roxyroo

FedEx HAS LOST my RFE Documents

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Here is the story. I received an RFE for my K1 petition last Monday. In spite of the fact that I live and work in Colombia (or because of this) they do not believe that my fiance and I have ever met in person. We met at work and want to send letters of employment from the school, in addition to other evidence. (Yes, I already sent my work visa, blah blah blah, but for some reason it is still dubious. Sigh.)

The hitch in this is that I am in the States for the holidays and my fiance and ALL the doc's for this are in Colombia. The deadline for receipt of the evidence is Jan 4. I return to Colombia Dec 29, and immediately travel again.

I contacted my fiance and on Tuesday he overnighted the documents that we need through TNT so that I can get them translated, get back to Colombia, go through the rest of my files and find other relevant evidence, and overnight this packet from Colombia to the California Service Center.

HOWEVER, FedEx delivers TNT packages from Colombia, and FedEx has lost the packet. I have been on the phone with them all day and they claim that it was left here at my parents' residence last Friday afternoon but it was not. They are trying to locate it.

There is a warning on the RFE that if all the evidence requested is not sent in one packet by Jan 4, the visa may be denied. And this will be purely the fault of FedEx. And there are the holidays and being between the 2 countries and everything.

What can I do? Can FedEx write me/CSC a letter at the very least, to include when I send the evidence?

Thanks a million, VJers. :(

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

sorry to hear that, to be honest if that package is lost, then it is lost....i am a UPS driver and i have lost boxes before (actually missed delivered to a different address), sometimes you have so many stops and things it gets missed placed and you forget where and when. i mean this rarely happens but it does happen. the only thing Fredex can do is replace what you were sending, but in your case it was important documents so what i would recomend you is to i do it all again and have Fredex pay for all express shipping charges. sorry but you should have shipped UPS my friend....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's comforting.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

you have to request that they GPS where the package was scaned and where it was released.... he may have left it at aanother house thinking it was the address in the sequence. sometimes when address numbers are not visible or hard to find we can only try our best with the number sequence. i have onced delivered a package to a house, then realized that it was the house 2 doors down, i caught myself and went back....but fredex can GPS where the package was scaned (usually 20 feet from exact point) and that'll most likely help as to where the package was delivered.....(95% of the time we scan the package at the location we are delivering)

All shippers this time of year are in panic mode and it basically a cluster **. Busiest time of the year for them being Christmas.....

Call Fed Ex and ask for the Customer Advisment Rep in your city, they will transfer and they should be able to help you better than the normal "Idiots" that do Customer Service.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

Here is the story. I received an RFE for my K1 petition last Monday. In spite of the fact that I live and work in Colombia (or because of this) they do not believe that my fiance and I have ever met in person. We met at work and want to send letters of employment from the school, in addition to other evidence. (Yes, I already sent my work visa, blah blah blah, but for some reason it is still dubious. Sigh.)

The hitch in this is that I am in the States for the holidays and my fiance and ALL the doc's for this are in Colombia. The deadline for receipt of the evidence is Jan 4. I return to Colombia Dec 29, and immediately travel again.

I contacted my fiance and on Tuesday he overnighted the documents that we need through TNT so that I can get them translated, get back to Colombia, go through the rest of my files and find other relevant evidence, and overnight this packet from Colombia to the California Service Center.

HOWEVER, FedEx delivers TNT packages from Colombia, and FedEx has lost the packet. I have been on the phone with them all day and they claim that it was left here at my parents' residence last Friday afternoon but it was not. They are trying to locate it.

There is a warning on the RFE that if all the evidence requested is not sent in one packet by Jan 4, the visa may be denied. And this will be purely the fault of FedEx. And there are the holidays and being between the 2 countries and everything.

What can I do? Can FedEx write me/CSC a letter at the very least, to include when I send the evidence?

Thanks a million, VJers. :(

While you're doing all you can to find the package, get something in writing from FedEx regarding the loss and send that with an explanation and anything else you can possibly send that's responsive to the RFE. In your letter, ask for more time to complete your response. Based on the circumstances, I don't see why USCIS wouldn't grant your request.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.