annrn

A Mistake and I Need Some Help

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Time and again on VJ I see people post questions and others post answers which result in judgment and personal attacks. We, none of us, know the full story of the OP and what she is going through or has gone through. She is asking a legitimate question about the immigration process. Now, I know that it's easy to say "oooh fraud....give your husband a chance..."etc. and when I first read her post I thought "wow" myself. However, we don't know the full story.

People seem to get really pissed off at posters who DIDN'T go through hell to get their greencards. I don't understand that. We're all in the same boat, at the mercy of USCIS, whether it's for the K1 or K3 or whatever. As for the poster who made the comments about divorce and why the OP just figured out her husband was controlling....well, if you've ever been in a marriage where you tried with all you had to make it work and things still turned sour, then you might understand. Yes, you can know someone for 6 years or more and then they change.

I am not advocating the OP do anything that might be seen as fraudulent, and frankly, maybe going home and starting over with a K1 will be the best choice. But please remember she has been here for 10 years. Her life is here in America. She is not picking up from her home country and leaving everything behind for a man. She is facing leaving a life she has built here for 10 years because her marriage has turned bad.

To the OP: I don't know your story but maybe rushing into another marriage isn't the best choice? If there is a way for you to adjust your status and stay in the US, perhaps that should be considered, but I think LaL's suggestion of seeking a competent immigration attorney is a great idea.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to get really pissed off at posters who DIDN'T go through hell to get their greencards. I don't understand that. We're all in the same boat, at the mercy of USCIS, whether it's for the K1 or K3 or whatever.

It's not about going thru hell, it's about doing things the right way. But some people choose to take the easy way out and then want help on how to circumvent the rules. Yeah, I think we have reason to be pissed off. These types of people are the reason WE are going thru hell.

Btw, we're not all in the same boat.

People seem to get really pissed off at posters who DIDN'T go through hell to get their greencards. I don't understand that. We're all in the same boat, at the mercy of USCIS, whether it's for the K1 or K3 or whatever.

It's not about going thru hell, it's about doing things the right way. But some people choose to take the easy way out and then want help on how to circumvent the rules. Yeah, I think we have reason to be pissed off. These types of people are the reason WE are going thru hell.

Btw, we're not all in the same boat.

:yes::thumbs:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Annrn, try to place youself in the position of a USCIS officer. You are studying if the case presented can be granted legal permanent residency.

The case goes: A well-traveled female entered US through a 10-year visit visa. Met an amazing guy, lived in with him for 6 years. Married this amazing USC before her visit visa would expire in the hopes of continually residing in the US. And then when they are in the process of AOS, things turned out bad. This girl who wants out of the controlling relationship, found some wonderful guy that is "the apparent love of her life". She then wants to divorce the amazing guy to marry this wonderful guy in a month.

As the USCIS officer studying her case, what will be your verdict?

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

I agree with LaL that you will need to consult with a good immigration lawyer. One of the things you will have to consider is whether you have already incurred any overstay that will make you subject to a ban for re-entry into the US.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Timeline

So you entered every 6 months for a period of 6 years on a B1/B2 visa? How long between visits did you remain in Europe? Did you encounter any questions at the POE during these multiple visits? I am curious how someone that is apparently on a tourist visa, can spend the better part of 10 years in the USA without someone thinking that there was immigrant intent.

Moved to AOS General Discussion, as it is not a Removal of Conditions scenario.

I entered on a tourist visa. It was good for 10 years, but I had to leave the country after 6 months. I was never out of status.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline
Here's the scenario I envision...

She entered on a tourist visa, with the sole intention of finding a guy to marry just to get a greencard.

So she found this guy and they married. Since she felt nothing for this guy to begin with, she went right online and met another guy. Now she's deeply in love with her "very good friend" and wants to marry him. He's the one she "truly" loves, the first guy is just greencard love.

My advice: go back home!

I bet soon she will meet a 3rd guy she loves even more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.