billsgirl

ASSOCIATED PRESS

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Any idea about whether or not we will have to pay another 170 dollars to send in this new 129F?

Also, im guessing the noa1 and noa2 that any of us recieved will no longer be valid. If so hopefully the new noa1 and noa2 will arrive quickly.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

E-fillable does mean it can be filed online as opposed to having to send them through snail mail.

Up until now, E-fillable for the USCIS means PDF files that can be filled out on your computer and printed out, instead of filling out by hand.

I somewhat doubt that USCIS will have created an online form to fill out, with the associated back end web systems and infrastructure that would be required in the short amount of time they've had to deal with this. Web based projects for the US government take YEARS - and have to go to bidding, and so on. Thinking they could just whip something up in a matter of weeks is pretty unrealistic.

You are correct that E-fillable to the government means you can down load form and use Adobe to fill it out. However you are wrong about the infrastructure. That already exists as an approved program within USCIS. There are many forms that you can efile. So essentially they already have the infrastructure. All it involves is new form within the current system. So if they do decide to go that way it is a matter a few hours work for their web people to add form to the data base.

It will be more than just a few hours work for their web people - it's more than just adding a form to a database. The process on the other end has to be engineered, approved, tested...what happens to the form once it is filled in? How does it integrate into the existing process? Even if an infrastructure exists to accept form postings on the web, you'd still be looking at months for procurement, process analysis, implementation, testing, training...especially with the US government.

For a small company, sure, their guys might be able to whip something into place in a few hours and have it going in no time flat. Things work differently when dealing with the government.

Trust me. This is what I do for a living. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Any idea about whether or not we will have to pay another 170 dollars to send in this new 129F?

Also, im guessing the noa1 and noa2 that any of us recieved will no longer be valid. If so hopefully the new noa1 and noa2 will arrive quickly.

I think if you have not received NOA2 yet, nothing changes except that your wait time is extended. If you've already received NOA2, we would certainly hope that means that you are in the front of the line.

I was also wondering about the fee - not that I really care at this point - but I highly doubt they can make the USC pay again since that is the filing fee and we paid it when we filed.

Filed: Timeline

dwar,

Perhaps so, but the USCIS supproting statement for the proposed new I-129f specifically states, "Currently, the USCIS does not have the automated capability in place to accept electronic submission of this application."

Yodrak

E-fillable does mean it can be filed online as opposed to having to send them through snail mail.

Up until now, E-fillable for the USCIS means PDF files that can be filled out on your computer and printed out, instead of filling out by hand.

I somewhat doubt that USCIS will have created an online form to fill out, with the associated back end web systems and infrastructure that would be required in the short amount of time they've had to deal with this. Web based projects for the US government take YEARS - and have to go to bidding, and so on. Thinking they could just whip something up in a matter of weeks is pretty unrealistic.

You are correct that E-fillable to the government means you can down load form and use Adobe to fill it out. However you are wrong about the infrastructure. That already exists as an approved program within USCIS. There are many forms that you can efile. So essentially they already have the infrastructure. All it involves is new form within the current system. So if they do decide to go that way it is a matter a few hours work for their web people to add form to the data base.

fillable - filable

What a difference an 'l' makes.

Yodrak

E-fillable? Does that mean that we will be able to apply online??? Or am I getting too excited?? lol

Laura Mitchell

THATS WHAT MY FIANCE SAID ...WHAT HE THINKS..BUT HE COULD BE WRONG.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
dwar,

Perhaps so, but the USCIS supproting statement for the proposed new I-129f specifically states, "Currently, the USCIS does not have the automated capability in place to accept electronic submission of this application."

Yodrak

fillable - filable

Yodrak

E-fillable? Does that mean that we will be able to apply online??? Or am I getting too excited?? lol

Laura Mitchell

They are right they dont currently accept I-129F via email. That doesnt mean the system for filing different forms isnt there. All they are saying (in governmental doublespeak) is that they currently dont accept I-129F via email. No one is sure how they will do it. Personnally would have no problem with them saying here is the downloadable form fill it out, mail it in with your receipt number and we will add it to your package. In the mean time they could RFE everyone so that no one missed the change. That would be the easiest and most common sense way to do it, but then when did common sense have anything to do with the government.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

dwar,

There is no double-speak involved, it's plain English.

- USCIS is not saying that they don't accept I-129f electronically, they're saying that they cannot - don't have the capability - to accept I-129f electronically (whether or not they've established such capability for other submissions does not affect I-129f).

- fillable and filable are two different words, two different concepts, something that people who feel correct spelling is unimportant on the internet seem to overlook.

Yodrak

dwar,

Yodrak

fillable - filable

Yodrak

Laura Mitchell

They are right they dont currently accept I-129F via email. That doesnt mean the system for filing different forms isnt there. All they are saying (in governmental doublespeak) is that they currently dont accept I-129F via email. No one is sure how they will do it. Personnally would have no problem with them saying here is the downloadable form fill it out, mail it in with your receipt number and we will add it to your package. In the mean time they could RFE everyone so that no one missed the change. That would be the easiest and most common sense way to do it, but then when did common sense have anything to do with the government.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does it make sense to you guys too that the I129F is a form that should be signed by the petitioner?

If we submit it by email, how would that happen?

Also, while USCIS is waiting for the new form to be approved (and it should be by this friday, I don´t see why not) they are probably working in other things, such as everything we´ve been wondering here.

As one of the recalled cases, what I want to know is how will I provide the rest of the information they want. Of course they have thought of that already.

And it doesn´t make any sense that they would charge us again for applying. We are not applying again. They are still processing our cases, which are already/still there.

But they can´t do anything about it once the new form is officialized as compliant to IMBRA.

I think after this friday, if they´re not ready to proceed, they will be pretty soon and we´ll either hear from them or from someone who got a note/questionnaire/RFE from them.

So, in my opinion, the most impostant thing right now is that the new form is approved on June 9th.

Now, does anyone know anything about OMB and how they work there?

Cheers to you all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since we are all now wondering about the E-filable or E-fillable I-129F, I just went to the site where the Draft is placed. I opened one of the notices, and I think this is something everyone should look at. It lloks like all of us can email our comments about this new form. One of the comment areas is in regards to us, and the burden put on us. It dicusses Electronic filing, so take a look and I think we should all respond and let them know we want action immediately, and whatever process is going to be the fastest is the one we are interested in. Take a look :

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01...006/E6-8206.htm

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Since we are all now wondering about the E-filable or E-fillable I-129F, I just went to the site where the Draft is placed. I opened one of the notices, and I think this is something everyone should look at. It lloks like all of us can email our comments about this new form. One of the comment areas is in regards to us, and the burden put on us. It dicusses Electronic filing, so take a look and I think we should all respond and let them know we want action immediately, and whatever process is going to be the fastest is the one we are interested in. Take a look :

That's a great idea Mike - you are a wealth of information today!!!

I am sending an email right now. You should all note that you need to put OMB Control No. 1615-0001 in your email subject line and that comments need to be specific to the form (not the time to tell them how much they screwed up). 1 of the 4 specific points they want comments on is:

(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or

other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses

so here is our chance to tell them that we want to be able to fill out a form online and email it back to them.

Timeline

That's a great idea Mike - you are a wealth of information today!!!

I am sending an email right now. You should all note that you need to put OMB Control No. 1615-0001 in your email subject line and that comments need to be specific to the form (not the time to tell them how much they screwed up). 1 of the 4 specific points they want comments on is:

(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or

other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses

so here is our chance to tell them that we want to be able to fill out a form online and email it back to them.

I think Mike is right.

We should tell them whatever the fastest is, that´s what we want.

I was worried about that, because I read in a website of people against IMBRA that they are sending about 40 comments per day complaining about the law itself.

And I don´t think that´s the point. All we want is action.

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I posted this in another thread, and wanted to share it here to because I think it is very good news for all of us waiting.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ic=13584&st=930

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I posted this in another thread, and wanted to share it here to because I think it is very good news for all of us waiting.

Think I will end this argument about whether we can send email or snail mail. Really is not important.

Just going to have to wait and see how they handle those of us already in the system.

Think KitKat has it right, will probably be RFE for all of us, with those already having NOA2 being done first, then moving on to the rest of us in order of receipt. Course like everything else here last few weeks is all speculation.

For those yet to file, once form is approved it will more than likely be handled just like it always has been.

Not sure guys but think the time to comment is over. It has already gone to OMB and should be decided on tomorrow. But just in case I did add my two cents in a comment to them. (never know it might help)

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline

Think I will end this argument about whether we can send email or snail mail. Really is not important.

Just going to have to wait and see how they handle those of us already in the system.

Think KitKat has it right, will probably be RFE for all of us, with those already having NOA2 being done first, then moving on to the rest of us in order of receipt. Course like everything else here last few weeks is all speculation.

For those yet to file, once form is approved it will more than likely be handled just like it always has been.

Not sure guys but think the time to comment is over. It has already gone to OMB and should be decided on tomorrow. But just in case I did add my two cents in a comment to them. (never know it might help)

This is exactly what I think too.

I agree with everything.

Even if we can download the form, I think they will notify us by mail (RFE?), since not everyone is familiar with the new procedures about to come.

Hopefully, this is all we´ll need to do. I hope they won´t go much further with this new security check so the delay will end there.

I just wonder if while they wait for the approval, they have made a ´plan on how to request this information from all of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"I just wonder if while they wait for the approval, they have made a ´plan on how to request this information from all of us."

rlt,

Would not the "plan" itself need to pass a process of approval and public scrutiny? Where is notice of the rest of the changes that need to be forthcoming to implement the new law? Or, because this the holy "Homeland Security", are they excused from a process of public rulemaking for their procedures?

08-20-2004 First letter from my Princess

01-01-2005 Birthday celebrations in Simferopol

07-23-2005 Return to Crimea - Vacation on the beaches of Yalta & Koktebel with Valentyna

01-01-2006 Celebrate another Birthday of my Princess in Yalta

01-06-2006 Engagement!!

04-20-2006 Send I129F to NSC

04-21-2006 I129F received - NOA1

04-26-2006 touched

06-01-2006 touched (CSC transfer)

06-02-2006 touched

06-03-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched (another NOA1 receipt date?!)

06-23-2006 RFE issued (according to form notice date)

06-26-2006 touched

06-29-2006 RFE mailed from CSC (according to postmark)

07-07-2006 RFE received in mail

07-15-2006 touched

07-19-2006 RFE response mailed to CSC by USPS Express

07-20-2006 USPS confirms AM delivery of RFE response to CSC

07-27-2006 Official RFE response receipt acknowledged by email

09-01-2006 touched - NOA2 received

09-05-2006 email notice of NOA2 approval

11- -2006 two days of interview concluded - decision withheld

03-31-2007 second interview

07- -2007 K1 received on return to CSC

Timeline
"I just wonder if while they wait for the approval, they have made a ´plan on how to request this information from all of us."

rlt,

Would not the "plan" itself need to pass a process of approval and public scrutiny? Where is notice of the rest of the changes that need to be forthcoming to implement the new law? Or, because this the holy "Homeland Security", are they excused from a process of public rulemaking for their procedures?

I don´t know how the system works, that´s why I wonder.

rlt,

I don´t know how the system works, that´s why I wonder.

Also, I think if the form is approval under this emergency request, it would be valid for 180 days while these public scrutiny is considered.

But I really don´t know much, I´m just trying to figure as the rest of the people here.

If you know more, please let me know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.