Ta Ta

~ waiting ~

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Still separated from your African soul mate ?

A place to find support and encouragement during the difficult separation for those not yet reunited and still a world apart.

AP, AR, or otherwise delayed and waiting for a long time or just starting your journey........welcome to this thread for support and encouragement. Share your thoughts. The challenges we face are not easy.

Drop by just to say hi, share your excitement for just beginning your visa journey or offer advice on how to get through the long time apart, especially now during the holiday season.

We share common ground and can help each other make it through with hope and faith. (F)

(pls keep thread in sub-saharan)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi I figured I may as well jump in as I am stuck like you. Between that and dealing with his fathers death it has made for a rocky journey. I just got back from a month with him which was very educational. No one had expected his father to die and there were a lot of things about life on that side of the journey that I didn't know until now. Boy has my life gotten complicated and taken a new twist I never would have imagined.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
Hi I figured I may as well jump in as I am stuck like you. Between that and dealing with his fathers death it has made for a rocky journey. I just got back from a month with him which was very educational. No one had expected his father to die and there were a lot of things about life on that side of the journey that I didn't know until now. Boy has my life gotten complicated and taken a new twist I never would have imagined.

Is the family still trying to decide what to do after the passing of his father ?

My SO just lost his grand child and that was very traumatic to me.

Dealing with death is so different there.

Wish I could be over there for a whole month but I am selfemployed and it just is too much loss of income.

Yep, stuck in a cow patty ..........that's how I feel. Another Christmas without him. He just had his birthday 2 days ago.

He put on his nicest clothes and just sat on the porch with a friend drinking a coke. So many special events and still apart.

Sigh !

Timeline

It has been an education in african family politics. The only son of the second wide promply went to the compound and started build rooms for himself and sisters with money meant for the funeral. Then tried to tell Joseph he needed to finsih the structures when he used up all the money. When I left Joseph was planning on travelling home and settling matters ( which at one point meant leveling everything in the compound as it is his now ) Due to all the fighting the funeral got pushed out to the first weekend in January. so I missed it but I did get the dress intended for family to wear. The same brother tried to create another delay and Joseph refuses. The poor father has been laying in the morgue since August.

The twist in all this that has me a bit frazzled is that his father was a big chief/king not a cabinet chief as I had thought. Which means in a little over two years Joseph will be taking the throne. And because I am his wife I will be the lolo. So I have to go back to be trained in my duties and read all the rules ( I am so glad they use english for the laws ) It really puts a huge twist in how much time he and I will be staying in each country.

Marriage Dec 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know how hard it is to be waiting and can only imagine the pain some of you suffer from after years of being apart. My last separation from Bassi was one year long and I swear I was losing my mind. I truly felt bipolar and just struggling to keep it together while waiting.

Sylvia, Zee's a princess in Ghana (okay, well everywhere but it might go to her head so keep it quiet) and her mom and dad might be able to give you advice about working the throne from afar. I believe they visit once a year, but I'm not really sure if they execute other duties in some way. That's definitely a big responsibility. If you have pics in the dress send 'em on girl. We love pics!

Z

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Even though my SO is here, I thought I would stop on in and say Hi. 0moba...I still do not know how you continue to be strong . You are amazing and such an inspiration to others!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Even though my SO is here, I thought I would stop on in and say Hi. 0moba...I still do not know how you continue to be strong . You are amazing and such an inspiration to others!

Thank you Naggie for your kind words. I don't know how I do it eitrher :wacko: except through God who makes me strong ......and sometimes I just fall apart. :blush:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Col. 1: 21 - 23.

I know what you mean by falling apart.

And you are welcome.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
I know how hard it is to be waiting and can only imagine the pain some of you suffer from after years of being apart. My last separation from Bassi was one year long and I swear I was losing my mind. I truly felt bipolar and just struggling to keep it together while waiting.

Sylvia, Zee's a princess in Ghana (okay, well everywhere but it might go to her head so keep it quiet) and her mom and dad might be able to give you advice about working the throne from afar. I believe they visit once a year, but I'm not really sure if they execute other duties in some way. That's definitely a big responsibility. If you have pics in the dress send 'em on girl. We love pics!

Z

I think I just uploaded the picture of us in the clothing to some lost back corner of VJ. I will add more when I get a chance. The whole idea of anyone bowing to me or me to them is a bit much. Also I hardly have the look of princess or queen and no way do I look like an African one. But when you grow up milking cows on 160 acres you never know where life will take you.

Marriage Dec 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

isn't this pretty much the same thing as Sub-Saharan cyber cafe # 2, chit chat about anything & everything? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
isn't this pretty much the same thing as Sub-Saharan cyber cafe # 2, chit chat about anything & everything? :huh:

No Charles, it is not. It is a thread for couples not united yet to deal with the tough times spend apart. Especially now for the holidays. This may be considered whining in the cyber cafe where many reunited couples hang out and are happily snuggled together roasting chestnuts over an open fire.....unless they are in the transition throwing them at each other :D but then kiss, make up and continue roasting.

Here it is more like " I'll be home for Christmas but only in my dreams."

Advice on how to specifically deal with SEPARATION anxiety and support for such.

What's your personal Christmas song Charles ? :hehe: Or am I on a ration of daily's ?

Edited by Omoba

Timeline

I think I just uploaded the picture of us in the clothing to some lost back corner of VJ. I will add more when I get a chance. The whole idea of anyone bowing to me or me to them is a bit much. Also I hardly have the look of princess or queen and no way do I look like an African one. But when you grow up milking cows on 160 acres you never know where life will take you.

Priceless :)

I just found the pic Sylvia, very nice outfits.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

The pictures are nice, One day I will take the time to upload pics.

Lady O, Keep your head up. God has your best interest in His hands. Sometimes we do not understand his timing but it is all up to him.

Health and wellness to you always

And may your life be filled with vibrant colors.

Health and Wellness to you always

May your life be filled with many colors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.