Enlighten one :)

On Flight Home!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hour flight from Nigeria. Lands in ATL at 5:30 pm. Then leaves Atlanta at 10 pm.

I am so excited once I woke up to no messages on my cell phone saying he did not make the flight.

I am beside myself. My son sprung out of bed this morning. That is a miricle in itself.

God is Good!

Did he land OK in Atlanta?

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Very funny story around landing in Atlanta. I seen that there was one missed call on my cell phone. It was a Nigerian number. Of course one thing came to my mind. He better not still be there. I did not recognize the number, which I called back.

A man answered the phone and quickly stated that someone used my phone earlier. I kindly asked, "who". He said I do not know who he is. I said, "You just let him use your phone". He said, someone in Atlanta.

Wierd huh. Someone with a NIgerian number in ATL.

I just got out of the shower. The snow is dwindling down. I am a pro in driving in the snow. So I am not worried.

Thanks everyone for checking in.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope you have a safe trip to collect him! Congratulations on your reunion!!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just checking in to see if Michael arrived in one piece to Boston. Be careful on the roads. Snow is not as bad as ice to drive on. I know because I spun out last weekend in an unexpected ice storm. Keep us posted! I will check again when I get up early in the morning to work. Tell Michael I said hello and my Mike will be right behind him.

Best wishes,

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Very funny story around landing in Atlanta. I seen that there was one missed call on my cell phone. It was a Nigerian number. Of course one thing came to my mind. He better not still be there. I did not recognize the number, which I called back.

A man answered the phone and quickly stated that someone used my phone earlier. I kindly asked, "who". He said I do not know who he is. I said, "You just let him use your phone". He said, someone in Atlanta.

Wierd huh. Someone with a NIgerian number in ATL.

I just got out of the shower. The snow is dwindling down. I am a pro in driving in the snow. So I am not worried.

Thanks everyone for checking in.

That does not sound wierd...that sounds like a sign....like some kind of intervention....

really.... :secret: I am not being kooky :lol:

And yes do be careful on the roads :thumbs: Slow and steady wins the race ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes! Slow and Steady did win the race. :thumbs: My fingers, foot on gas petal and back are still soar from the tension of driving.

I was so excited to log on to let you know we were their waiting as he entered the doors to the luggage area. It was an overjoy of a reunion.

He shared with my about how his was trying to contain his affection until he got home. Traditionally it is not common for his culture to show signs of affection in public. I was funny to compare his greeting to his attempt to contain himself.

He is frozen to the bones. He went to bed in about 4 layers of clothing after a cup of tea.

It felt good to finish off right where we left off. Talked all the way home, which made the travel back less stress as the travel to retrieve him.

Funny interaction with the cat. We have one affectionate and one independent. I could see the uncomfort level. (Iseen this topic in a post during my first few months with VJ)

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Yeah!! Glad all is well and he and you made it home safely.....happy reunion!!

-------------------------

[url="http://daisypath.com"][img]http://daisypath.com/pic/090507/S3qn.jpg[/img][img]http://da.daisypath.com/ekPQm4/.png[/img][/url]

[color="#9932CC"]"Until the angels close my eyes, I can't imagine seeing life without you."[/color]

[size=2][color="#FFC0CB"]~Michelle~[/color][/size]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you Jesus :)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Have a happy reunion (L) !!!!!! I understand about going to bed in layers of clothes when its cold, I tell my hubby all the time you are the only man I have known to go to bed fully dressed :lol::lol:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Well Mrs. Jib... Enjoy enjoy enjoy. Take lots of pictures of him playing in the snow cuz you'll look back at these first days and laugh about them. Also enjoy your Christmas girl. You've waited a long time for this to come through.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Timeline

Thank God Missy! I am so happy to hear that everyone made it home in one piece. Enjoy your husband and have the merriest Christmas ever!

Best regards,

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.