end13085

Admin processing a big secret?(copied from other post)

9 posts in this topic

My husband was originally in the U.S. as a refugee from Palestine. We married 4 years ago but never filed a petition to change his status because we were young and broke and our babies came along quite quickly and since he had work authorization it was a non-priority to us. He left september 07 without advance parolle due to a family emergency. I finally was able to afford his papers in February and filed 129 and 130 trying to ge a k-3 visa. He was approved in April for 129 and then 130 in May but wasn't able to get his papers and interview until August 1st. In his interview(which was supposed to be for 129) he is told everything is good, gave him back our vital records(birth certificate, marriage cert, ect. and he will get his passport back in two weeks. After 2 weeks we start calling and all they can say is he's in "Administrative processing." Through the course of several phone calls and emails, I still have yet to get any answer as to what this is. Even when I threatened to bring a complaint to the department of state, I got a phone call from the head of the visa unit and he wouldn't even give me a hint as to what the heck they are doing. Can someone here please explain if this is standard security or what? I don't understand how they can tell my husband 2 weeks and then not give any explanation what's going on. They have already cleared him once, he lived here for 7 years, speaks fluent english, worked legally and paid taxes, it's his first marriage, we have 2 children under 4 years old, and has never been convicted of any criminal offenses and yet he leaves for 4 months and now he is a terrorist? Sorry if I seem overly emotional it's just so hard because our boys are so little and they can't understand why they can't see their daddy and at his point I can't understand it either. Does anyone know of somewhere you can try to expedite administraive processing or have the case reviewed to make sure its being handled properly. Is there anything we can do as far as apllying for a humanitarian waiver? Proir to this all happening I was a housewife because the cost of daycare on these 2 cancels out the benefit of working since I have no work experience and only a high school diploma. In the time my husband has been gone we've been homeless twice and are now living with an emotionally instable, alcoholic, verbally abusive relative. Not trying to be a sob story, reading here we've all got them, but I'm just hoping you veterans know of somewhere to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. May Allah bless you all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You'll get some valuable input here.

:)

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

My husband was originally in the U.S. as a refugee from Palestine. We married 4 years ago but never filed a petition to change his status because we were young and broke and our babies came along quite quickly and since he had work authorization it was a non-priority to us. He left september 07 without advance parolle due to a family emergency. I finally was able to afford his papers in February and filed 129 and 130 trying to ge a k-3 visa. He was approved in April for 129 and then 130 in May but wasn't able to get his papers and interview until August 1st. In his interview(which was supposed to be for 129) he is told everything is good, gave him back our vital records(birth certificate, marriage cert, ect. and he will get his passport back in two weeks. After 2 weeks we start calling and all they can say is he's in "Administrative processing." Through the course of several phone calls and emails, I still have yet to get any answer as to what this is. Even when I threatened to bring a complaint to the department of state, I got a phone call from the head of the visa unit and he wouldn't even give me a hint as to what the heck they are doing. Can someone here please explain if this is standard security or what? I don't understand how they can tell my husband 2 weeks and then not give any explanation what's going on. They have already cleared him once, he lived here for 7 years, speaks fluent english, worked legally and paid taxes, it's his first marriage, we have 2 children under 4 years old, and has never been convicted of any criminal offenses and yet he leaves for 4 months and now he is a terrorist? Sorry if I seem overly emotional it's just so hard because our boys are so little and they can't understand why they can't see their daddy and at his point I can't understand it either. Does anyone know of somewhere you can try to expedite administraive processing or have the case reviewed to make sure its being handled properly. Is there anything we can do as far as apllying for a humanitarian waiver? Proir to this all happening I was a housewife because the cost of daycare on these 2 cancels out the benefit of working since I have no work experience and only a high school diploma. In the time my husband has been gone we've been homeless twice and are now living with an emotionally instable, alcoholic, verbally abusive relative. Not trying to be a sob story, reading here we've all got them, but I'm just hoping you veterans know of somewhere to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. May Allah bless you all!

Administrative process varies from time to time. There is no exact timeline for this process. Usually people from Asia get the administrative processing for extra security clearance at a consular stage.

There is nothing special one can do to accelerate AP, sometimes it takes weeks and sometimes it takes months...

I am sorry to hear your story.Hope your husband will be approved soon and you will be together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
You'll get some valuable input here.

:)

Lisa

"here" being when it was in MENA lol

not that you wont get some here though

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You need some senator invovolvement and writing , calling from you family and friends. Once its ordered you have to sit and wait. Why they did it, probably because its been a few yrs sinced they checked him out. want to know why he went back to Palestine. They dont take your word on these things. esp nowadays. Sorry it happen to you and the babies. Inshallah it will be over soon , he will be on good record and life will be better and nml for you.

You need some senator invovolvement and writing , calling from you family and friends. Once its ordered you have to sit and wait. Why they did it, probably because its been a few yrs sinced they checked him out. want to know why he went back to Palestine. They dont take your word on these things. esp nowadays. Sorry it happen to you and the babies. Inshallah it will be over soon , he will be on good record and life will be better and nml for you.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes--definately contact everybody who can listen--senators, congressman--and I think you should apply for a hardship waiver since you are in a financial hardship now due to your husband's absence. God, what a horrible mishap! In this forum, we are all going through AP Hell as well, but that is an added stress with the two children! You are such a candidate for some media attention too! I agree with you it is completely unreasonable to not tell people what the heck is going on! All this does is create more frustration and anger. Every time I call the Department of State they tell me, well we have no time frame for completing your husband's AP--no time frame? So, what does that mean? This could go on forever and no one would question what the heck is going on? I think the public should know how ridiculous this system of "getting in line" and doing immigration the right way is, and what the true source of illegal immigration problems is--the sheer lunacy of immigration policies and procedures. Give me a break! Wait until you here all the vocabulary here in AP: "multiple agencies," "can not be expedited," "unknown time frame," "out of our control." Everyone passes the blame and we are left to the mercy of departments that tell us nothing. Hopefully your husband's AP will finish quickly--but I say we need to educate others of this flawed system. In need of an overhaul ASAP!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

• 3 months later...

Hello Madam,

i have read about your case and i really sorry about it because i have the same case pending AP after my interview in Jerusalem from 4 months ago and i have been 2 years apart from my wife and she is coming in 2 months , i dont know if this will help if she visited the consulate so anyway we will have time together at least.

i am so interesting to collect Palestinian cases online because they very rare !

and my question for whom have more experience thats is it normal for Palestinian TO WAIT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS PENDING AP ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CASE TYPE: CR1

MARRIAGE: MARCH-2007

NVC STAGE: MAY-2007

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER-2008

CASE DOCUMENTS COMPLETED: JANUARY-2009

CASE NOW IS PENDING AP (((CASE STILL PENDING)))

----------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------

<snip>

Does anyone know of somewhere you can try to expedite administraive processing or have the case reviewed to make sure its being handled properly. Is there anything we can do as far as apllying for a humanitarian waiver? Proir to this all happening I was a housewife because the cost of daycare on these 2 cancels out the benefit of working since I have no work experience and only a high school diploma. In the time my husband has been gone we've been homeless twice and are now living with an emotionally instable, alcoholic, verbally abusive relative. Not trying to be a sob story, reading here we've all got them, but I'm just hoping you veterans know of somewhere to turn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. May Allah bless you all!

This is from the State Department website:

Administrative Processing Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 90 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

AP is used to check the background of the applicant. Times can vary, depending on different factors (location of embassy, age of applicant, fraud level, common name, visa/travel history, etc...)

Some AP's have been known to take years to resolve. I haven't seen anything you can do to expedite it.

Not knowing the particulars of your case, it could be any number of reasons they are in AP. Was your husband out of status before he married you? Did he overstay any authorized stay? Leaving without AP is a bad thing, but since they didn't mention that in the interview, it probably is something else.

You can contact your Senator to try to shake something loose, however, if the State Department tells them "AP", the Senator is usually "hand tied" in doing anything, since it's in the immigration code to do AP's.

If your home situation is that bad, you may want to look for some outside help in your local area.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to read your story. I would think that he would forgo the admin proc considering your circumstances.

Admin processing is common in your country. It is frustrating because there are no set times and information. But it is part of the process. You do need to get your congress people involved in your case. This will light a fire under their buts.

Your AP will be expedited!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.