NickD

How many different places do we have to live?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Some of us have multiple dwellings, own mine, wife owns two condos, quite a choice, thinking of buy a cottage on the lake, but just extra work. Some may own a camping trailer, motor home, or even a tent. I know I can survive in a tent, that's all Uncle Sam you provide and only a half of one at that.

Mother-in-law has a nice house, just her and would love the company and a man in the house, but have four kids as well with large homes, always a bedroom for mom and dad. Also in-laws, ha, last choice.

But besides these are other public places, kids had their own desk at school, that was their private spot. Railroad stations, subways, public library, and even a jail cell is waiting for us if we want to take that route. Daughter is living in a dorm, but has her own room here with plenty of space. Wife has her office, I don't have mine anymore, but was nice with a sofa, restroom, microwave, didn't actually live there but darn near spending up to 70 hours a week in that hole. Well, a nice hole, but not really home, and it was heated and air conditioned 24/7.

Could even claim the front pew at church, nobody uses it, also heated 24/7, but lucky to use it an hour a week. Neighbors are in the national guard, they also have their private spots away from home, normally just use them one weekend a month, but not only their living quarters but work areas as well.

Basically, most of us have more than one place to live, home, schools, workplace, church, national guard, and even a jail cell.

Just thinking about the waste in energy driving back and forth, how many hours per week are some of you on the road? And the fact that energy is being used to heat and cool these places plus all the maintenance. Just seems like a waste.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:blink:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

rofl :lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You're right, it's a waste. You should consolidate it all and just stick to your jail cell.

Do they still have TV and offer room service?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

what about the gas guzzling car? I spend over half my time in it!

But seriously - turn off the thermostat when you leave the building! Duh! :jest:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

rent them out to some poor people

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I live in a 6-family tenement house. Most of my relatives live in it too! Only a few that I had to drive far away, like in Boston that dreadful city. Nobody follow the speed limit, and you have to forcibly drive very close to the person in front of you before some dimwit cut you off. Horrible. There's more dimwits than there are rational people.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have been living and working on the US Gulf of Mexico on various production platforms, drilling rigs, liftboats, shorebases, and workboats for about 25 years. That in addition to my house in Houston. I used to own a little weekend fishing cabin down on the coast, but sold it in 1995. It was too much work.

My digs out in the Gulf have ranged from accomodations as good as my house to some real rat holes. My latest assignment has me sharing a 6 bunk bedroom and single bathroom with anywhere from 2 to 5 other people depending on whether we have guests other than the regular crew on our shift. The conditions are crowded to say the least. That sucks. At my previous assignment I had my own private bedroom with a private bathroom. That was great, but the job ended at that production facility in June.

My gigs on the Gulf are for the $$$, so I tolerate the less than desirable conditions for a paycheck. However, there's no place like home and that is the house in Houston me and the wife live in when I'm really home.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995