CJ Vasani

Interview Date Assigned for K3

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Yup...Feb 11 is the day. However, I was seriously hoping to land a January date. I guess Mumbai embassy is really busy.

Not really, because there is no US Embassy in Mumbai. However, the US Consulate is quite busy and that's where you'll interview.

Correct as usual...wonderful how you pick these small things up.

These mistakes are generally not a big deal but DO often cause confusion. Frankly, if one wants to assure accuracy, they'll refer to all visa interview related affairs as being with a Consulate, since even at an Embassy, it is the Consular Services section they are actually dealing with. Often such services are provided at an entirely different site than the Embassy itself. In Guangzhou, the Consulate's Immigrant Visa unit is at an entirely different location than the "Consulate" itself.

It's more of a misnomer - this whole interchangeability between Embassy and Consulate...I think New Delhi has an Embassy + a Consulate.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Yup...Feb 11 is the day. However, I was seriously hoping to land a January date. I guess Mumbai embassy is really busy.

Not really, because there is no US Embassy in Mumbai. However, the US Consulate is quite busy and that's where you'll interview.

Correct as usual...wonderful how you pick these small things up.

These mistakes are generally not a big deal but DO often cause confusion. Frankly, if one wants to assure accuracy, they'll refer to all visa interview related affairs as being with a Consulate, since even at an Embassy, it is the Consular Services section they are actually dealing with. Often such services are provided at an entirely different site than the Embassy itself. In Guangzhou, the Consulate's Immigrant Visa unit is at an entirely different location than the "Consulate" itself.

It's more of a misnomer - this whole interchangeability between Embassy and Consulate...I think New Delhi has an Embassy + a Consulate.

Exactly. It's a misnomer that often leads to confusion. Embassies only exist in National Capitals.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

congrats CJ for an interview date. It will be here sooner than you think. :dance:

Received at VSC: Jan 2,08

NOA1: Feb6, 08

9/23/08: Approved

9/30/08: Case # received

10/06/08: E-mailed ds3032

10/08/08: Mailed ds3032

10/09/08: Signed by R.Austin

10/08/08: Paid AOS/IV bill online

10/09/08: Status shows paid online

10/09/08: Accepted ds3032

10/10/08: Express mailed AOS/IV package

10/14/08: NVC received AOS and IV Package

10/21/08: Case Complete (22Days, no RFEs)

12/02/08: Medical....Passed....

12/11/08: Interview passed, received VISA.....YAhhhhhhhhhh

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Congratulations on your interview date! The time will fly in shopping and getting ready to come to US. Did you send the Packet 3 via courier? Also, how did you find out about the interview date - did you receive Packet 4 or called DOS? Thanks.

Wifey is really sad with this date, but then again i am trying to convince her about the same thing that the time will fly.

About Packet 3 - it was downloaded from Mumbai 'Consulate' website and couriered over with UPS overnight. I e-mailed the Mumbai consulate a day later to find out.

CJ Vasani,

How did you find out that the consulate received the K-3 package?

Who gets mailed the Packet 3, me or my wife in India?

Can we use the same DS-230 that we're using for the CR-1 for the Packet 3 response for K-3?

Thanks

Sanket - I'll PM you with my phone number. Call me if you need help. Packet 3 can be downloaded and sent to Mumbai consulate via UPS by my wife. Same DS-230, but send only the first part.

CJ - Thanks for the info :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
yup that's plan....it may even be that my CR1 interview might beat K3 ;-) j/k

Hope so!, The CR-1 WILL save you the hassle of AOS as well as the extra $1010 fee, you already paid the $470 in fees to NVC for the CR-1.

Make sure you contact consulate shortly after NVC sends out the I-130 packet to them and ask about getting K-3 interview switched to CR-1.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Congratulations CJ.

Did you get AOS package in mail? How did you pay for AOS fee....I know you were trying to get IIN.

Please share with me.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Timeline
Congratulations CJ.

Did you get AOS package in mail? How did you pay for AOS fee....I know you were trying to get IIN.

Please share with me.

hey - i paid it online after receiving the paper copy of the AOS bill. the whole getting IIN thing over the phone is getting more and more impossible. Waiting for the AOS bill in the mail does not delay anything at all.

I just overnighted the AOS bill and IV bill today. It should reach there Monday and am 'hoping' that the case is complete next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Congratulations CJ.

Please share with me.

hey - i paid it online after receiving the paper copy of the AOS bill. the whole getting IIN thing over the phone is getting more and more impossible. Waiting for the AOS bill in the mail does not delay anything at all.

I just overnighted the AOS bill and IV bill today. It should reach there Monday and am 'hoping' that the case is complete next week.

You look like you'll be in good shape to get that K-3 interview turned in to CR-1.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Please could you help me I am seeing where other k3 persons did not have to do DS-3032. On your time line you did it. Is it everyone that applys have to do DS-3032??? Thank you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
yup that's plan....it may even be that my CR1 interview might beat K3 ;-) j/k

Well, it might happen...u never know...USA ppl have started taking the other way.... K3 visa is taking more time than CR1/IR1.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Please could you help me I am seeing where other k3 persons did not have to do DS-3032. On your time line you did it. Is it everyone that applys have to do DS-3032??? Thank you.

Good Question....I need that update too....I didn't mark that earlier...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The DS-3032 only applies if you're pursuing a CR-1 visa, not to a K-3 visa.

DS-3032 form is sent by the NVC to the beneficiary to ask them whom they would like the NVC to send correspondence and bills to. In this form, the beneficiary can designate another person as their agent, the person who they would like to receive all NVC bills and correspondence. If you are the petitioner in the USA, it is preferable that all communication go to you instead of the person you're applying for in another country. So all the beneficiary needs to do is fill out the form with their information, provide the address of the petitioner, and sign it.

The beneficiary should send the signed form to you, and then you should forward it to the NVC. The NVC will not generate the bill for the Immigrant Visa package until they receive the DS-3032.

If you have a lawyer already on your case, they are by default your agent so a DS-3032 does not apply. The DS-3032 only applies if you do not have a lawyer.

Check you Linche's short cuts to help further explain this.

DS-3032 also does not apply for K-3 visa because the I-129F is being sent to the Consulate directly, and they will be sending correspondence to the beneficiary as they're in the same country and it's not preferable to be sending things to the person in the US.

I hope this helps!

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

DS-3032 form is sent by the NVC to the beneficiary to ask them whom they would like the NVC to send correspondence and bills to. In this form, the beneficiary can designate another person as their agent, the person who they would like to receive all NVC bills and correspondence. If you are the petitioner in the USA, it is preferable that all communication go to you instead of the person you're applying for in another country. So all the beneficiary needs to do is fill out the form with their information, provide the address of the petitioner, and sign it.

The beneficiary should send the signed form to you, and then you should forward it to the NVC. The NVC will not generate the bill for the Immigrant Visa package until they receive the DS-3032.

If you have a lawyer already on your case, they are by default your agent so a DS-3032 does not apply. The DS-3032 only applies if you do not have a lawyer.

DS-3032 also does not apply for K-3 visa because the I-129F is being sent to the Consulate directly, and they will be sending correspondence to the beneficiary as they're in the same country and it's not preferable to be sending things to the person in the US.

I hope this helps!

Than you this was very helpful :dance: . I am on my way.....

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi,

We are going with K-3. Does my husband has to pay any fee in the state? He'll send me such Affidavit form etc.. Does he need to do anything else? Thank you so much!

I hope this helps!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.