Remthawe10

background check

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dear friends ...

i just received by my wife a letter from Chicago ,IL telling ...

the processing in your case has been delayed , Acheck of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision , As requird investigation into your background remains open .

untill the background investigation is completed , we cannot move forward on your case , these background checks are requird to be completed in all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking .we will make every effort to to make a decision on this case as soon as background checks are complete, if you don't receive any decision or notice of action from us within 6 months from this letter , please call customers service .

I want to ask what does that mean please ??

my I29 approved in 12 dec 2006

my interview was in 10 April 2007

221g issued and the file returnd back to approving office for reviwing

on other hand my I130 got approved at the same date 12 dec 2006

we applied for I824 get an action of approved case in 1 April 2008

we received a notice of action I797c in 23 july telling they receive our application and they will process it

im fully confused , I want to know what to do please .

Thanks in advanced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

They probably want to make sure your SO is not dangerous.

Good luck!

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline
Dear friends ...

the processing in your case has been delayed , Acheck of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision , As requird investigation into your background remains open .

untill the background investigation is completed , we cannot move forward on your case , these background checks are requird to be completed in all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking .we will make every effort to to make a decision on this case as soon as background checks are complete, if you don't receive any decision or notice of action from us within 6 months from this letter , please call customers service .

we received a notice of action I797c in 23 july telling they receive our application and they will process it

Thanks in advanced

Thanks for answer

but what is my SO ? and how long it will take if you have any information please ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Dear friends ...

Thanks in advanced

Thanks for answer

but what is my SO ? and how long it will take if you have any information please ??

"SO" = significant other. Sorry can't give you any idea of how long it might take. Good luck.

Edited by OBX

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So, you have been in AP since April of 07?! :( So sorry for you guys!

This notice is just saying that they your case is still pending, and gives you no answers really.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This is very normal for them to do on people from the Middle East and any other Muslim country.

More than likely it will delay the application by 6 months, possibly even more. If you don't hear anything from them after 6 months then you can take action. Until that time, you are literally stuck. You can't do anything about this. It's a homeland security issue, so no one has power over them. But you might also be very lucky and have your security check done quickly. My experience in the past, it took years for them to complete a check. But others on this forum have had their stuff done much faster. I wish we had some better answers for you.

Timeline
This is very normal for them to do on people from the Middle East and any other Muslim country.

More than likely it will delay the application by 6 months, possibly even more. If you don't hear anything from them after 6 months then you can take action. Until that time, you are literally stuck. You can't do anything about this. It's a homeland security issue, so no one has power over them. But you might also be very lucky and have your security check done quickly. My experience in the past, it took years for them to complete a check. But others on this forum have had their stuff done much faster. I wish we had some better answers for you.

Thank you for your answer

but the question now is ...

In April 2008 i applied I824 to get another action of approved case I130 and i received a notice of action in 23 july tells they received my application and it will be under processing !! the approximate for this form is also 6 months

so can i work with this visa or both of cases must walk together ??

please more information

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for your answer

but the question now is ...

In April 2008 i applied I824 to get another action of approved case I130 and i received a notice of action in 23 july tells they received my application and it will be under processing !! the approximate for this form is also 6 months

so can i work with this visa or both of cases must walk together ??

please more information

The two cases will proceed independantly but you will not have either visa until the security checks are complete. Nobody can predict how long that will take.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.