ypyskpy

Same visa - 2 people - Do I have a chance?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So here is the rundown.

I have applied for the K1 visa before. nothing was ever processed and my fiance and I broke up. However, now I have to remove the petition from the government.

I have met another man from a different country - and this relationship is far better than what i had before, but I worry if I will even be able to get him a visa? i fear my past petition will jeopardize anything we try to do.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Please let me know! I am seriously stressing out about this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
So here is the rundown.

I have applied for the K1 visa before. nothing was ever processed and my fiance and I broke up. However, now I have to remove the petition from the government.

I have met another man from a different country - and this relationship is far better than what i had before, but I worry if I will even be able to get him a visa? i fear my past petition will jeopardize anything we try to do.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Please let me know! I am seriously stressing out about this.

If you filed a petition, something got processed at least to some point. Perhaps you mean a visa wasn't issued. If the petition was more than two years ago and you've withdrawn it, just proceed normally. If less than two years, you'll want to include a letter explaining why you would like the IMBRA restriction waived. Check out the IMBRA forum for details but basically you request a waiver when if you submit more than petitions in a two year period but USCIS seems to be interpreting the law as two or more instead of more than two.

Unless there's something fishy about your situation, either the waiver will be granted or you won't need one. In any event, the worst case is a little extra scrutiny of the bona fides of the current relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

When you submit your next I-129f, follow the directions that refer to waiving any previous petitions submitted in the last two years. A simple letter stating the circumstances will do the job. Include a copy of the NOA1 you received then. It should work.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

pushbrk and O.D. are correct.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I submitted the original petition almost 3 years ago. However, i have yet to withdraw the petition. Do I still have a chance to have that petition ignored? When I say nothing was done on the case, I mean that the petition was received and I received the NOA1; however, every follow up said that the petition was in background checks, and I never received anything further than that. I really appreciate your help, so much. i have been distraught about it all day.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I submitted the original petition almost 3 years ago. However, i have yet to withdraw the petition. Do I still have a chance to have that petition ignored? When I say nothing was done on the case, I mean that the petition was received and I received the NOA1; however, every follow up said that the petition was in background checks, and I never received anything further than that. I really appreciate your help, so much. i have been distraught about it all day.

Your first step is to withdraw the petition. You can do it with a signed letter that references the applicable names and case number. I think I'd have the letter notarized. No need to elaborate on the reasons. A simple, "The relationship didn't work out." is the best course. Reasons can bite you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.