toma1

Which Documents are Kept at the Interview?

13 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me which documents the embassy keeps during the visa interview?

For example, do they keep our photos and other proof of relationship documentation? Or will those items be returned?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Can someone tell me which documents the embassy keeps during the visa interview?

For example, do they keep our photos and other proof of relationship documentation? Or will those items be returned?

Mine were returned. I don't know if it's the case in every embassy, but I guess so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you take copies of the originals, they will look at the originals, and then give them back to you, and put the copies in your file.

So, anything you want back, make sure you take copies of them.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

I was given back my marriage certificate and my birth certificate - everything else they kept.

In fact I could see my file through the window and there was no sign of any of the photos we sent to USCIS - I bet they just throw them away after the approval!

I was given back my marriage certificate and my birth certificate - everything else they kept.

In fact I could see my file through the window and there was no sign of any of the photos we sent to USCIS - I bet they just throw them away after the approval!

Well, I'm talking about the photos that my fiancee is taking to the visa interview... not the ones we sent to USCIS. She is taking her album with 50 photos and hoping they don't keep it.

She's also taking 1000+ pages of chat transcripts... that contain a bit of personal info :blush::innocent:

Did you take documentation of this sort and they ended up keeping it?

I took more photos, letters, some emails. And a massive file containing copies of every form and piece of evidence we had sent. They didn't ask to look at anything! In fact they only asked me about three/four questions. I was shocked at how quickly the whole thing happened.

I'm sure they will not take away your whole photo album. But it's best to be prepared to make copies of anything you really cherish in case they do.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Well, I'm talking about the photos that my fiancee is taking to the visa interview... not the ones we sent to USCIS. She is taking her album with 50 photos and hoping they don't keep it.

She's also taking 1000+ pages of chat transcripts... that contain a bit of personal info :blush::innocent:

Yes, they don't really look at the email or anything. and even if they ask to look at it, they will give you back your documents immediatly. They also gave back all the proof we gave for the I129 package.

Yes, they don't really look at the email or anything. and even if they ask to look at it, they will give you back your documents immediatly. They also gave back all the proof we gave for the I129 package.

Thank you. The people at the BKK embassy seem so nice compared to those in many other embassies and consulates. I wonder why?

Just make copies of the most crucial photos - nothing fancy. Then she can at least sleep better at night. They do like some proof in their file that they made the right decision. They briefly glanced at her scrapbook and took a couple copies of the photos the kids had made on a copy machine. I don't think those were even in color.

Thai Mom

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

They returned the photos that I brought for the interview. Also, when I picked up my passport & visa, they returned the photos that were sent to USCIS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

We took several photos to the interview and the consulate never looked at them and didnt want them. So she should be safe in not having them embassy take them.

About the chat transcripts do what i did. Go through with a black marker and mark out all the "good" parts. I also dont think you will need 1000 pages either. We took a emila / chart transcript per week with us to the interview and they never said anything about not having enough.

Good Luck....

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

We took several photos to the interview and the consulate never looked at them and didnt want them. So she should be safe in not having them embassy take them.

About the chat transcripts do what i did. Go through with a black marker and mark out all the "good" parts. I also dont think you will need 1000 pages either. We took a emila / chart transcript per week with us to the interview and they never said anything about not having enough.

Good Luck....

Did they look through the transcripts or keep them? A friend of ours took a LOT and she said that they never even looked at hers. The CO just looked at the big stack of papers and nodded at it... haha...

Good Luck....

Did they look through the transcripts or keep them? A friend of ours took a LOT and she said that they never even looked at hers. The CO just looked at the big stack of papers and nodded at it... haha...

The kids didn't even have transcripts, as they didn't chat online. The CO did ask how they communicated, which was by phone. They submitted some phone bills, but I don't know if they looked at them or not. They only submitted three or four emails. My son isn't here right now, or I would have him contact you and give you all the details about their Bangkok 'experience'. It was basically uneventful, although a lot of waiting was involved.

Thai Mom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.