Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh God...I feel like my heart is breaking! We FINALLY got our NOA2 and it was sent to the NVC. I called today (even though they just got it yesterday...I was hopeful) to see if it had been sent to the consulate. I was told it was pulled for additional processing! After reading the horror stories here...I am just in tears.

-Blu-(thinking of moving to Holland instead)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know the least amount of time spend in NVC? I know Thanita's list shows no less than 10 days so was wondering if anyone was in and out in less time? Tomorrow will make my 10th day in AP jail... :crying:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Oh God...I feel like my heart is breaking! We FINALLY got our NOA2 and it was sent to the NVC. I called today (even though they just got it yesterday...I was hopeful) to see if it had been sent to the consulate. I was told it was pulled for additional processing! After reading the horror stories here...I am just in tears.

I am sorry to hear someone else has had this happen. It's difficult I know. Don't give up at this stage though, I wouldn't plan on leaving the country just yet. (F)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Does anyone know the least amount of time spend in NVC? I know Thanita's list shows no less than 10 days so was wondering if anyone was in and out in less time? Tomorrow will make my 10th day in AP jail... :crying:

I don't know the answer to your question I'm sorry. They don't give a time frame either, which makes it hard on people who are waiting. Some wait quite a while, like we did, some less. All I can say for sure is that it will end, and I know that's not very helpful :(

Timeline

I don't know the answer to your question I'm sorry. They don't give a time frame either, which makes it hard on people who are waiting. Some wait quite a while, like we did, some less. All I can say for sure is that it will end, and I know that's not very helpful :(

Thanks for your response..

Edited by mstamiz2much

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Thanks for your response..

I certainly wish there was more I could say. I know it sucks in a major way. We were hoping I'd be here last year in time for Christmas, Auckland was only about a 2 week wait for an interview then. As it was, with the time we spent on AP my case didn't get to them until February.

I found it beyond irritating that the process is in no way transparent. When we had this happen, it was a relatively new process to take K1's aside this way, and we were out of our minds with worry. Searching here didn't bring up very much then, so we had no one to compare ourselves with. I'm glad that at least now there is this thread, and plenty of company that understands the frustration and stress AP puts people under.

Wow, after a couple weeks of relative quiet it looks like more people are being put in NVC jail.

I just want to tell the newly imprisoned that you will survive even though it is so frustrating and disappointing at first. I was stuck 50 days - it was not fun ... But tomorrow I leave for the Philippines. I am going to my fiancee's interview on Tuesday and we hope to return together on July 4th. Its all worth it. :thumbs:

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Blu - I know right now you are a heart broken, but the important thing is to gain some perspective. Your biggest wait is already over. You aren't looking at a indeterminate time here, it'll be anywhere between 2-7 weeks.

Try and stay positive. I know it's hard (i was soooooo upset when I found out, cue tears, shouting, and eating of chocolate) but if you use your time constructively, it'll whizz by. Exciting things are around the corner :D Keep your chin up and focus on those.

-E

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

The stress from this is unbelievable. I keep trying to tell myself the worst wait is over now but it still gets to me. And for the life of me I can’t stop calling NVC everyday to see if Im still in AP- especially when I check DHL’s website and see a package went out to my SO’s country, lol. Hopefully the newness of being in AP will wear out and I will stop calling them everyday.

K1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Blu - I know right now you are a heart broken, but the important thing is to gain some perspective. Your biggest wait is already over. You aren't looking at a indeterminate time here, it'll be anywhere between 2-7 weeks.

Try and stay positive. I know it's hard (i was soooooo upset when I found out, cue tears, shouting, and eating of chocolate) but if you use your time constructively, it'll whizz by. Exciting things are around the corner :D Keep your chin up and focus on those.

-E

LMAO..you JUST described my day yesterday. The problem for me...and probably for the most of us, is that it SEEMS like a black hole of underterminate time. We know nothing other than "there is no time frame for how long this will take". It does help to know that for most people it isn't more than 2 months more. Just hard to take when I had my hopes on him being here for the holidays.

-Blu-(onward through the immigration fog)

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
WOO-HOO!!! :D ok...i just called NVC and they said my case was forwarded on June 17th-yesterday! they said they got it on May 28th. i had to call twice just to make sure. so its on now baby! :thumbs: Hope u guys get pushed thru soon too.

Fantastic!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
WOO-HOO!!! :D ok...i just called NVC and they said my case was forwarded on June 17th-yesterday! they said they got it on May 28th. i had to call twice just to make sure. so its on now baby! :thumbs: Hope u guys get pushed thru soon too.

Fantastic!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and well wishes. that comraderie is what makes VJ such a great place. i wish everyone else the best in getting thru this process! Cheers

tried to track case with DHL, cant pinpoint which case is ours cuz several left the same day for the same destination but i called and was told that it should arrive today or monday. ready to get those packets and interviews rolling!

Timeline

Well, I made my daily call to NVC- Nada, nothing, zilch! Still in AP. I just don’t understand how they can put you in something but they have no idea why you are there. It seems like they should be able to give you some sort of explanation. My senator’s rep who helped me with USCIS says they are like “quality checks” that they randomly pull for. Maybe that is true and that is why they can’t tell you anything and they are pulled for nothing. But then again why are some in it longer than others? And why are so many getting pulled here lately? Oh well, another depressing weekend…. :cry:

Signed,

AP Inmate 007

K1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.