Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
OMG guys! How long does it take an embassy to receive your file and enter it into the system? My file was released from NVC on 6-24-09. Per doing the DHL tracking I found it was received on 6-29-09. Per DOS when I call to check to see if the embassy has scheduled an interview date yet they tell me that the embassy has not received my file yet when I know it was received per DHL. In Lagos, effective 7-1-09, they were no longer taking walk in inquiries so my SO can’t go to the embassy to get his packet and interview date. He has downloaded the packet from the Lagos Consulates website, but he cant even start medical or anything else without the interview date. I have emailed the embassy 3 times and called them. No response on the emails and calling that embassy is just a waste of your money. You speak to some local man who puts you through to an automated system that just takes you right back to him again. DOS says it can take a few weeks to a few months for my SO to be contacted by the embassy to get his interview date. This whole thing is making me feel so hopeless. I don’t know what is going on now at this stage and no way of getting any other information. I thought things moved much faster after USCIS- it’s not for me…

I kept getting an answer from the consulate that they hadnt received the paper file yet. I think it had been there less than a week(according to DHL) when I emailed the consul again and said that I beleived the package was received on such and such date and signed by so and so at bla bla time (used the dhl site info ;) )

and what do you know..... they said, we did receive the package and they even gave me the interview date via email

So, my point is: go big(in a polite way) and use the dhl info to let them know that you know the package is there.

Good Luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
OMG guys! How long does it take an embassy to receive your file and enter it into the system? My file was released from NVC on 6-24-09. Per doing the DHL tracking I found it was received on 6-29-09. Per DOS when I call to check to see if the embassy has scheduled an interview date yet they tell me that the embassy has not received my file yet when I know it was received per DHL. In Lagos, effective 7-1-09, they were no longer taking walk in inquiries so my SO can’t go to the embassy to get his packet and interview date. He has downloaded the packet from the Lagos Consulates website, but he cant even start medical or anything else without the interview date. I have emailed the embassy 3 times and called them. No response on the emails and calling that embassy is just a waste of your money. You speak to some local man who puts you through to an automated system that just takes you right back to him again. DOS says it can take a few weeks to a few months for my SO to be contacted by the embassy to get his interview date. This whole thing is making me feel so hopeless. I don’t know what is going on now at this stage and no way of getting any other information. I thought things moved much faster after USCIS- it’s not for me…

I kept getting an answer from the consulate that they hadnt received the paper file yet. I think it had been there less than a week(according to DHL) when I emailed the consul again and said that I beleived the package was received on such and such date and signed by so and so at bla bla time (used the dhl site info ;) )

and what do you know..... they said, we did receive the package and they even gave me the interview date via email

So, my point is: go big(in a polite way) and use the dhl info to let them know that you know the package is there.

Good Luck

Thanks guys. DOS says that they have my electronic file but not the actual paper file yet. Im sure it is sitting somewhere at the embassy and just not loaded. When I emailed the embassy (I was polite, lol) I included the DHL info and the tracking number and who it was signed by. No response yet. I called NVC yesterday as well. All they can tell me is that they sent it on June 24th. Its like Im stuck in this whole that I will never dig my way out of... No info no where...

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck

Thanks guys. DOS says that they have my electronic file but not the actual paper file yet. Im sure it is sitting somewhere at the embassy and just not loaded. When I emailed the embassy (I was polite, lol) I included the DHL info and the tracking number and who it was signed by. No response yet. I called NVC yesterday as well. All they can tell me is that they sent it on June 24th. Its like Im stuck in this whole that I will never dig my way out of... No info no where...

Well, hopefully they will respond soon and you can put this part of the journey behind you. It WILL end, try to stay positive and start practicing for the interview :thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Stuck at NVC since June 25. When I called today, they admitted it was undergoing additional processing. I'm feeling really anxious imagining that it would take several more weeks, when I was expecting the process to go alot faster after NOA2.

Welcome !

Oh I know what you mean ..I was totally beside myself over this. Anxious ..oh yes! All I wanted to know was why?!?

On the up side, times for this are going down, so you may be out soon! :thumbs: ..and it does end!

Thanks, I know in my head that it hasn't been that long, but it's just the thought that it could be way longer that I keep dwelling on.

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Good news! :dance: I called my congressman's office, they contacted NVC and were told our file was forwarded to the embassy today!!! :dance: I will wait to celebrate until I have proof that it was sent from NVC or the embassy itself. I am not sure if the AP was just complete or if the congressman's call was the reason, but I am greatful either way. Thanks again for everyone's help.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

I-129F: 5-20-09

Check cashed: 5-26-09

1st NOA: 5-26-09

2nd NOA: 6-17-09

NVC received: 7-1-09

Out of AP at NVC: 7-14-09

Delivered to consulate: 7-17-09

Received Package 3: 7-24-09

Returned Package 3: 7-31-09

Medical Exam: 8-5-09

Interview: 9-14-09

Received Visa: 9-23-09

Entered USA:9-25-09

Wedding Date: 11-20-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AOS sent: 11-03-09

AOS 1st NOA recd: 11-20-09

AOS RFE recd: 12-1-09

Biometrics Appt: 12-15-09

RFE response sent: 12-17-09

Transfer to CSC: 01-05-10

EAD Approved: 01-11-10

AP Approved: 01-07-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Package sent: 11-28-2011

RFE received: 09-05-2012

Response sent: 09-19-2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Good news! :dance: I called my congressman's office, they contacted NVC and were told our file was forwarded to the embassy today!!! :dance: I will wait to celebrate until I have proof that it was sent from NVC or the embassy itself. I am not sure if the AP was just complete or if the congressman's call was the reason, but I am greatful either way. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Congratulations! One more step behind you..

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Congrats! :dance:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Soes anyone actually know what they are additionally processing? Whenever I call noone can ever tell me what that means exactly. I was hoping someone here does.

Lee.gif

Soes anyone actually know what they are additionally processing? Whenever I call noone can ever tell me what that means exactly. I was hoping someone here does.

They never say. Anything from soup to nuts has been suggested. I was told at interview it was random :blink:

Early in this thread there was a list of possible reasons...I will see if I can find that for you.

Bah..can't edit for some reason. Here is a link to some of the reasons why they do what they do..whatever they do. Page 11 :lol:

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/Security...tiveReview.html

Thanks for the interesting read. I just hope that it doesn't take to long.

Well if it's any comfort, and I know just how little it is, times are getting shorter. Nothing like early on anyway, and that's good!

Timeline

Well if it's any comfort, and I know just how little it is, times are getting shorter. Nothing like early on anyway, and that's good!

It is what it is. The frustrating part is not knowing how long they can hold it in AP. Whatever I have already had to deal with USCIS what's a few more weeks at this point.

Lee.gif

It is what it is. The frustrating part is not knowing how long they can hold it in AP. Whatever I have already had to deal with USCIS what's a few more weeks at this point.

Well I hope they don't hold you up for long :thumbs:

Timeline

I hope so as well. Is there anything that can be done to speed up this process? I am sure the answer is no, but if they hit a certain number of days wiould I have to get a congressman or senator involved? I know that with USCIS they say after six months to try and do that. I wasn't sure if NVC has a cut off date.

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.