Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
The guy at DOS told me yesterday it does happen. My embassy isn't busy so he said it was not the case for mine, but it does happen.

I made my "Wednesday" call to the State Department. The gal there was a bit helpful and really nice. She said that if the NVC was missing any paperwork they would have contacted us by now. She said that it is most likely held up by the embassy not wanting more files now. I said, I can't imagine the Amsterdam embassy is too busy. She said that may be true, but then it only means they don't hire as many people to keep up with the case load. Sad. But at least I believe her that if the NVC needed anything, we would have been told by now. So, now we wait.

-Blu-(getting use to being kept in the dark)

Edited by Wyld Blu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry guys :blush: .. I am venting :ranting: .. I hate this process! It sucks! It is not fair that they cant give you any explanation as to why our cases are held up. Then between DOS and NVC each acts as if the other doesnt know what they are talking about. I beginning to wonder about what the lady said at DOS about my case is not in AP but in que waiting to go to the embassy. I check DHL everyday and a package leaves NVC to that embassy every single freakin day! UUUGGGHHHH! It's not fair! I have only been in AP jail for 15 days today but it feels like eternity. Then it gets you down even more to see others who filed after you in the same country and they already have a interview. And yes I call them each and every day to hound them if my case has been sent yet. I cant help it. This is driving me insane! :bonk: Yes, Im very grateful (although I am not sounding like it right now) that Im no longer at USCIS and there are others still waiting there so it could be worse, but GEEZZZZ :dead: ... Cant they give us some kind of answer? How are you guys coping with this?

After all of this ranting like a 2 year old and I still dont feel better... :cry:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Timeline
Sorry guys :blush: .. I am venting :ranting: .. I hate this process! It sucks! It is not fair that they cant give you any explanation as to why our cases are held up. Then between DOS and NVC each acts as if the other doesnt know what they are talking about. I beginning to wonder about what the lady said at DOS about my case is not in AP but in que waiting to go to the embassy. I check DHL everyday and a package leaves NVC to that embassy every single freakin day! UUUGGGHHHH! It's not fair! I have only been in AP jail for 15 days today but it feels like eternity. Then it gets you down even more to see others who filed after you in the same country and they already have a interview. And yes I call them each and every day to hound them if my case has been sent yet. I cant help it. This is driving me insane! :bonk: Yes, Im very grateful (although I am not sounding like it right now) that Im no longer at USCIS and there are others still waiting there so it could be worse, but GEEZZZZ :dead: ... Cant they give us some kind of answer? How are you guys coping with this?

After all of this ranting like a 2 year old and I still dont feel better... :cry:

It is very hard to cope with being kept in the dark. It's our LIVES and we have NO control. It is MADDENING! AND it is WRONG. But, there is also nothing we can do but wait and keep each other from going nuts. I decided to call them, the State, not the NVC (so useless), only once a week...on Wednesdays. It isn't easy. I KNOW at some point, this will be behind us...just right now, the not knowing, is what's the hardest. We can b*tch and moan all we want...and they couldn't care any less than they already do. So, we have to just wait and wait. They have no answers to give us, because they are only a call center and their computer doesn't tell them any more than they are telling us.

-Blu-(there is SO much wrong with this system)

It is very hard to cope with being kept in the dark. It's our LIVES and we have NO control. It is MADDENING! AND it is WRONG. But, there is also nothing we can do but wait and keep each other from going nuts. I decided to call them, the State, not the NVC (so useless), only once a week...on Wednesdays. It isn't easy. I KNOW at some point, this will be behind us...just right now, the not knowing, is what's the hardest. We can b*tch and moan all we want...and they couldn't care any less than they already do. So, we have to just wait and wait. They have no answers to give us, because they are only a call center and their computer doesn't tell them any more than they are telling us.

-Blu-(there is SO much wrong with this system)

I can totally commiserate. The process needs to be completely transparent.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Wow, after a couple weeks of relative quiet it looks like more people are being put in NVC jail.

I just want to tell the newly imprisoned that you will survive even though it is so frustrating and disappointing at first. I was stuck 50 days - it was not fun ... But tomorrow I leave for the Philippines. I am going to my fiancee's interview on Tuesday and we hope to return together on July 4th. Its all worth it. :thumbs:

Just to follow up, we were approved on Tuesday and picked up the visa today (Thursday). They did not ask for any evidence of relationship at all since I was there.

The time spent at the NVC seems like a distant memory now ...

Hope everyone else's Journey goes as smoothly as ours has (after NVC that is).

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Wow, after a couple weeks of relative quiet it looks like more people are being put in NVC jail.

I just want to tell the newly imprisoned that you will survive even though it is so frustrating and disappointing at first. I was stuck 50 days - it was not fun ... But tomorrow I leave for the Philippines. I am going to my fiancee's interview on Tuesday and we hope to return together on July 4th. Its all worth it. :thumbs:

Just to follow up, we were approved on Tuesday and picked up the visa today (Thursday). They did not ask for any evidence of relationship at all since I was there.

Congratulations! thats great news :):dance:

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

That is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous news! Congratulations!!!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:dance: congrats Matt and Bing

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

AWESOME NEWS!! CONGRATS!

-Blu-(I am SOOOO jealous! :dance: )

Timeline

Guess Im getting better guys. I didnt even pick the phone to call DOS or NVC yesterday. Usually I have to call to at least feel as if Im doing something, I guess they are wearing me down. :unsure:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Guess Im getting better guys. I didnt even pick the phone to call DOS or NVC yesterday. Usually I have to call to at least feel as if Im doing something, I guess they are wearing me down. :unsure:

There's a little peace that comes with it though :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

how did you all find out you were on AP? I called june 23 and to my surprise they received my case... I was happily in shock and didn't want to ask too many questions because I hear when one inquires too much or calls too much makes them suspect something. So I said thanks have a good day and the lady said wait, my heart dropped I thought she was going to say you are in AP, but she said let me give you your case number. The next day I got the letter! which was dated june 22... and when I tracked the cases sent from NVC in DHL, I saw only one case that was sent to the embassy listed the next day, but who knows it could be someone else. Is it true that usually when you receive the letter, they send the case the same day they send the letter?

Timeline

So I broke down and called DOS just a few minutes ago (since I didn’t call yesterday). Still in AP of course. However, this lady told me I still have a little while to go seeing I was just put in AP on 6-9-09. She said it can take 3 months or longer. WTH? Has anyone ever been told this? OMG! I can’t take that. I think Im going to have a nervous breakdown over this. This is total bull%@! 3 months or longer???????????????? Why does every single person you talk to give you a different response? Why don’t they just kill me now!

K1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.