Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the congrats. And thank God I found VisaJourney. I can't imagine going through this process without it.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes odd - almost a week with no new posts.

On another note ... So I was released on the 12th. Every time I called the NVC (about 15 times over 50 days) they confirmed my phone number and email address and assured me that they would contact me when my case was sent on.

Of course I have received no official notice. The NVC (and USCIS) work in mysterious ways ...

Congrats !! I see you got the interview already set up :thumbs:

My lady haven't gotten the embassy letter yet -_- (it'll be close to 3 weeks now) so I'll be emailing them tomorrow to make sure they haven't lost the paperwork or so =/

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F NOA1 : Oct 3, 2008

Interview for AOS: approved on Dec 16, 2009

Greencard received: January 4, 2010

Yes odd - almost a week with no new posts.

On another note ... So I was released on the 12th. Every time I called the NVC (about 15 times over 50 days) they confirmed my phone number and email address and assured me that they would contact me when my case was sent on.

Of course I have received no official notice. The NVC (and USCIS) work in mysterious ways ...

Congrats !! I see you got the interview already set up :thumbs:

My lady haven't gotten the embassy letter yet -_- (it'll be close to 3 weeks now) so I'll be emailing them tomorrow to make sure they haven't lost the paperwork or so =/

Don't wait for the letter - Call the embassy to see if youa are eligible to schedule your interview and if you are, phone the call center to schedule. I was able to schedule 2 weeks after the NVC sent my case on to Manila.

Edited by Matt & Bing

Stuck at NVC 50 days

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
:waves hi to everyone:

I hope all is well. I dont see any new prisoners reporting in, thats good.

Ron, Im so sorry that your interview date is lagging. I come in periodically to check in and see if you guys have a date yet. seriously #######.GEEZ... come on BKK!

Ellie,

Good Luck on your interview.

Taylss,

thats AWESOME that your AOS was so fast! congrats :)

Badg,

Thats exciting to have a wedding to look forward to... I hope the time flies from now until aug for ya.

More good news for us - Bing's interview will be on June 23! I will be attending too. I'm not leaving anything to chance now. The plan is that we will have an engagement party after the interview and hopefully the visa is issued in time so that we can travel back together - Possibly arriving in the USA on July 4th. How cool would that be?!? :dance:

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.... Congrats Matt.... well, you'll be having your interview just a few days before us!!

We FINALLY got our date! Yippee!!! It just came in by email 10 minutes ago.

I called Thailand, Thanti was sleeping but of course I woke her up with the news.

Our interview will be June 29. We're very excited :P

Thanks everyone for your great support through this long process :thumbs:

Congratulations Ron!!! Glad to hear it - Good luck to you and Thantita the rest of the way.

Stuck at NVC 50 days

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Woohoo! So glad you and Thanita have an interview date at last. :dance: :dance: :dance:

The very best of luck - hope it all goes smoothly :star:

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I called Thailand, Thanti was sleeping but of course I woke her up with the news.

WOOOfriggggnHOOOO!!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

WOOOfriggggnHOOOO!!

Couldn't have said it better myself Lisa....

Ron I am soooo happy for you and thanti!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.... Congrats Matt.... well, you'll be having your interview just a few days before us!!

Ron, congrats on FINALLY getting the date! :dance::dance: Good luck to you both!

I'd also like to share my good news with my fellow AP'ers: Hien's visa was approved on May 27!! Sorry just posting now, we have had internet access problems...

She did a great job at the interview and was in and out of the consulate in record time! June 7 POE!

Congrats on the visa approval!

Now you can start worrying about important things such as minute wedding details :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
We've been at NVC since Nov 18, we just found out yesterday we are in AP or administrative processing (backround check). :o Is anyone alse in this situation, maybe we can keep track together.

Thanks~

I went through the same thing but in thailand. Has your wife ever been married or have any kids. If so you are going to have to go to the court house and get a certificate stating that she is not currently married and a letter from the father stating he knows his baby's mother is getting married. Its a pain in the #### but it will save alot of time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your good wishes :blush: . We're really excited of course, getting ready for the interview. Thanti has printed out our entire Skype chat log for the past year - well over 1,000 pages. I told her she was nuts to do that, but I guess that's her way of dealing with the wait and the tension. We're hoping that if all goes well at interview she will come to the US in early July. On a related note I am planning to go to Brazil to see the kids in late July for a week.

Todd - That's great news! :dance: Glad that the interview went so easily. I'm sure you've shared your experience with your fellow VietNam VJ members right? They will definitely benefit from your experience. Good luck with everything as you and Hien start your new life together. :thumbs:

well I am totally frustrated I still havent recieved the package over three weeks. Embassy claims they have sent it twice I am at a loss......

I asked if I could schedual and interview they said not until I recieve the package.

should I call the NVC?

Jon

Thanks everyone for your good wishes :blush: . We're really excited of course, getting ready for the interview. Thanti has printed out our entire Skype chat log for the past year - well over 1,000 pages. I told her she was nuts to do that, but I guess that's her way of dealing with the wait and the tension. We're hoping that if all goes well at interview she will come to the US in early July. On a related note I am planning to go to Brazil to see the kids in late July for a week.

Todd - That's great news! :dance: Glad that the interview went so easily. I'm sure you've shared your experience with your fellow VietNam VJ members right? They will definitely benefit from your experience. Good luck with everything as you and Hien start your new life together. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
well I am totally frustrated I still havent recieved the package over three weeks. Embassy claims they have sent it twice I am at a loss......

I asked if I could schedual and interview they said not until I recieve the package.

should I call the NVC?

Jon

email or call and ask them if they can email the packet to you...some consulates will do it. I woudl just explain that they have sent it twice and there is obviously some sort of problem and you would appreciate them emailing it to you ;)

Also, this is super obvious, but did you verify that they had the correct address?

Good luck!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

I will try again but they have refused to email so far.

should I call the NVC?

Jon

email or call and ask them if they can email the packet to you...some consulates will do it. I woudl just explain that they have sent it twice and there is obviously some sort of problem and you would appreciate them emailing it to you ;)

Also, this is super obvious, but did you verify that they had the correct address?

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.