Morning Sunshine

How to cancel an application you filed with VSC?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Lots of good advice here from everyone with genuine concern for your happiness (L)

Hardest things to say - "I love you" & "I'm sorry"

Take deep breaths & maybe a time out then remind eachother of these 2 simple sayings ...

Good Luck to you both (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahitab, did ever, anyone, in yr entire life tell u marriages r easy? long distance marriages r even worse. we all know it. ppl willing to break up isnt surprising to anyone. last time ive got mad i didnt even care to cancell any petition, i was so mad my first interest was to cancel the marriage itself. cut off internet, phone line (realy cut, not stop answering)spent my bday in anger, inspecting myself if there is any emotional change, i miss him more or i am mad more, and all the 5 phases of pain process. i was thinking of him and see red. id see comp and feel like throwing off the window. my husband at first thought is the usual twice a month forever breakup, then he realized is serious, came here to regain territory (aka wife aka me). thing isnt that this convinced me that he loves me. convinced me that all the phone, internet or whatever other comunnication fight or argument is dust in the wind. it just doesnt compare to a face to face discussion. ended up disscusing in bedroom (because even if none of u mentions it, lets face it. we all lack "bedroom" and that gets yr nerves) and i honestly forgot why i was so mad about. we all get frustrated and whos there to take it? the other person involved, aka spouse. even if is not guilty.

so i agree with all the other opinions. give it time. at least to see if u miss him. decisions made in anger r never real, they r impulses. but shouldnt cancel the petition even if u r mad for 2 reasons. if u love him, and u know u r not visiting him because is dangerous, u want him out of there too, no? regardless to the fact u want to spend rest of yr life with him or not. and if u r so hurt that u stopped loving him, then why just cancel the petition? if u get it approved, and he gets there, u have a life time to revenge. (the last one was a joke, ofc)

;):thumbs::innocent:

.png

Mahitab, did ever, anyone, in yr entire life tell u marriages r easy? long distance marriages r even worse. we all know it. ppl willing to break up isnt surprising to anyone. last time ive got mad i didnt even care to cancell any petition, i was so mad my first interest was to cancel the marriage itself. cut off internet, phone line (realy cut, not stop answering)spent my bday in anger, inspecting myself if there is any emotional change, i miss him more or i am mad more, and all the 5 phases of pain process. i was thinking of him and see red. id see comp and feel like throwing off the window. my husband at first thought is the usual twice a month forever breakup, then he realized is serious, came here to regain territory (aka wife aka me). thing isnt that this convinced me that he loves me. convinced me that all the phone, internet or whatever other comunnication fight or argument is dust in the wind. it just doesnt compare to a face to face discussion. ended up disscusing in bedroom (because even if none of u mentions it, lets face it. we all lack "bedroom" and that gets yr nerves) and i honestly forgot why i was so mad about. we all get frustrated and whos there to take it? the other person involved, aka spouse. even if is not guilty.

so i agree with all the other opinions. give it time. at least to see if u miss him. decisions made in anger r never real, they r impulses.

;):thumbs::innocent:

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Kentucky woman

She shines with her own kind of light

She looks at you once

And a day thats all wrong looks all right

And I love her

God knows I love her

Kentucky woman

If she get to know you

She goin to own you

Kentucky woman

Check it out babe thats what your man is really thinking![/b]

I-130 sent-------------------------------06-23-2008

I-130 NOA1-----------------------------06-28-2008

I-129F sent------------------------------07-07-2008

I-129F NOA1-----------------------------08-26-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-07-2008

I-130 Touched--------------------------10-08-2008

I-129F Touched-------------------------02-06-2009

I-129F RFE-------------------------------02-09-2009

I-129F RFE Mailed----------------------02-10-2009

I-129F RFE Received, answered,

and overnite back to VSC--------------02-13-2009

I-129F RFE received by VSC------------02-17-2009

I-129F Processing resumed by VSC---02-18-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-19-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-20-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-23-2009

I-129F Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 Touched--------------------------02-27-2009

I-129F NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

I-130 NOA2-----------------------------02-27-2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

sweetie

at one time or another we all say something harsh to someone and I can bet you, he feels like total dogcrap for it.

I know kai and i have but if you love someone you forgive. Just take a few days to cool off and let him know what he said cut you deep and it hurt. Then say I forgive you and TRULY mean it.

I would hate to see you jump to a rash choice and then it would be to late to fix it

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
convinced me that all the phone, internet or whatever other comunnication fight or argument is dust in the wind. it just doesnt compare to a face to face discussion. ended up disscusing in bedroom (because even if none of u mentions it, lets face it. we all lack "bedroom" and that gets yr nerves) and i honestly forgot why i was so mad about. we all get frustrated and whos there to take it? the other person involved, aka spouse. even if is not guilty.

:lol::thumbs::yes:

Filed: Timeline

so i agree with all the other opinions. give it time. at least to see if u miss him. decisions made in anger r never real, they r impulses. but shouldnt cancel the petition even if u r mad for 2 reasons. if u love him, and u know u r not visiting him because is dangerous, u want him out of there too, no? regardless to the fact u want to spend rest of yr life with him or not. and if u r so hurt that u stopped loving him, then why just cancel the petition? if u get it approved, and he gets there, u have a life time to revenge. (the last one was a joke, ofc)

hehehe...thank you for sharing....needed that to pick me up..... :wacko:

sweetie

at one time or another we all say something harsh to someone and I can bet you, he feels like total dogcrap for it.

I know kai and i have but if you love someone you forgive. Just take a few days to cool off and let him know what he said cut you deep and it hurt. Then say I forgive you and TRULY mean it.

I would hate to see you jump to a rash choice and then it would be to late to fix it

Ok, but he has not contacted me today at all. He said bye forever yesterday. I feel like an idiot because I am mad at him but I still been thinking about him all day. I wonder if he is thinking about me too or if he is just wishing I would disappear from his life.

If worse comes to worse, do I have to go there to get divorced?

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Im sure he is thinking of you too. He came online hoping you would say something to him first. He is testing you. To see if he can get away with it. Stand your ground girl! In a few days he will be msging you or calling asking why you havent spoke to him. :yes:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
sweetie

Ok, but he has not contacted me today at all. He said bye forever yesterday. I feel like an idiot because I am mad at him but I still been thinking about him all day. I wonder if he is thinking about me too or if he is just wishing I would disappear from his life.

If worse comes to worse, do I have to go there to get divorced?

Mehtab,

Sometimes in life we have to learn to sit quit andwatch the storm passing away. If your hubby is angry let him be that way but you stay cool. Today is Friday go out for a movie. Treat yourself with something good.

There is light after darkness.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

Im sure he is thinking of you too. He came online hoping you would say something to him first. He is testing you. To see if he can get away with it. Stand your ground girl! In a few days he will be msging you or calling asking why you havent spoke to him. :yes:

Yes, he did eventually say he was sorry. But, not a good apology just said "I am sorry". Not sure if I accept it or not-he will have to do better than that. Anyway, he said he loved me and said he wanted a reply. By that he meant he wanted me to say I loved him back. I am not sure what else I should be expecting from him. No need to cancel the petition, I just do not feel right without him in my life. I think we can't go on without each other it would be too hard to be completely apart. My grandpa talked to him and said we both need to "grow up". Maybe grandpa is right. I know we need to communicate alot better. We will see how destiny unfolds Insha'Allah.

M.

Edited by ~Dream Love~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, he did eventually say he was sorry. But, not a good apology just said "I am sorry". Not sure if I accept it or not-he will have to do better than that. Anyway, he said he loved me and said he wanted a reply. By that he meant he wanted me to say I loved him back. I am not sure what else I should be expecting from him. No need to cancel the petition, I just do not feel right without him in my life. I think we can't go on without each other it would be too hard to be completely apart. My grandpa talked to him and said we both need to "grow up". Maybe grandpa is right. I know we need to communicate alot better. We will see how destiny unfolds Insha'Allah.

M.

Marriges are made in Paradise but husband and wife have to maintenance work.

Good for you. Everyone makes mistake but it is our job to correct it.

05-26-2008 Marriage

06-23-2008 Leaving my baby

07-29-2008 I-130 to Chicago lock box

07-30-2008 CSC received I-130

08-01-2008 NOA1

08-05-2008 Touched

11-25-2008 NOA2.

NVC journey begins

12-01-2008 NVC received

12-05-2008 NVC sent visa fee

12-23-2008 NVC received visa fee

12-dd-2008 AOS package received

12-dd-2008 AOS package sent to NVC

M.

Im sure he does love you and he is sorry. But sweetie in a long distance relationship all he has is words. Only you know in ur heart if he is truely sorry. When he is sick or hurt you are the first person he thinks of, then the anger sets in (not towards you but the situation) cuz you cant be there to comfort him, then comes sadness and depression. One thing we always do if we have a misunderstanding is that we never get off the phone or chat upset or mad at one another we talk it out. Yes, I know how hard it is my fiance is from Paki too. It's very stressful being apart not to mention the situation over there is very tense as you already know. You dont know how many times i been told "I want to see you again before I die." or "I hope I will be alive to make it to the US." These words break my heart and I know these feelings are very real for him. I think I would be feeling the same way if I were in his shoes. By reading some of your posts sounds like to me he is wanting your attention and since the total situation is negative right now ( the situtation in Paki, the long wait for immigration, not having you by his side) he is expressing his feelings negatively. Inshallah things will get better. Try to focus on the positive things and your future together, this time will be the hardest thing both of you will have to endure Inshallah. God Bless.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Go online and put "busy" by your name. Dont answer him for awhile if he says salaam or hi. Pakistani men seem to like to keep thier wives on thier toes. I just go on with my business if something arises. Then when his silent treatment doesnt work and he steps up to grab you or say hi etc.. Say " I love you soo much " however"we need to talk long and hard about this thing between us.. cultural or whatever." "and dont you ever say this to me again understand. You wanna talk about racism, loook how much i get because dont really belong to either world now do I" "walk in my shoes""!.Set the ground rules and what will happen if he violates them agian..Then make up and grow closer in your unique and special union. Salaams cindi

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.