rockhouse

This is what im talkin about...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the main thing to remember is dont be in to big of a rush to get everything done take you time check and recheck everything before you send it off. For the first part you just need to fill out tne 129f and the g 325a (4 copies for each of you) when you fill it out online it will fill up the 4 copies so when you print it there is no problem. Just be patient read or ask for help here on VJ is you need and and follow the intructions.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Good grief, a moron can fill the forms out. The instructions are very simple. I never read a "guide" for ANY thing we filed. Somehow we managed to do it. Nothing was delayed or returned and no additional evidence was requested. Each line has an instruction. The required documents for filing an I129F are clearly spelled out for both a fiance or a spouse.

Just follow the directions. Exactly as written. When you are done, THEN check the guides and example forms if you want to and see if there is anything you might have missed.

I guarantee you that if you READ the instructions on the I129F not a dam thing was said about an I134F. Did the instructions ask for one? No? Why are you filling one out then?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

This is rude and uncalled for. I consider myself a relatively intelligent and educated woman but the forms gave me ageda as well...and I know i'm not the only one. Please try to be a bit more respectful when posting.

OP..I don't think anyone was hassling you for asking about a firm to help you. What we're trying to say is that we often hear of more horror stories than anything here and perhaps it's the frustration on all our parts talking. The process is difficult enough and those who have paid even more only to have someone screw it up have a right to be frustrated. Please don't take offense to others opinions...afterall, you did ask. ;)

pushbrk is right.. the example forms are great but the instructions are of utmost importance. You can find some here as well as uscis.gov ...right along with the forms. As he always states.. interpret the questions literally and answer as honestly as possible. If you start thinking about them too much you will start to question yourself.

Please dont be afraid to ask anything... we all had the questions once.

Go through all the links I gave you yesterday and read, read, read..before you fill out anything. ;)

oh..and try to smile..in the end, it's all going to be worth it. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Good grief, a moron can fill the forms out. The instructions are very simple. I never read a "guide" for ANY thing we filed. Somehow we managed to do it. Nothing was delayed or returned and no additional evidence was requested. Each line has an instruction. The required documents for filing an I129F are clearly spelled out for both a fiance or a spouse.

Just follow the directions. Exactly as written. When you are done, THEN check the guides and example forms if you want to and see if there is anything you might have missed.

I guarantee you that if you READ the instructions on the I129F not a dam thing was said about an I134F. Did the instructions ask for one? No? Why are you filling one out then?

This is rude and uncalled for. I consider myself a relatively intelligent and educated woman but the forms gave me ageda as well...and I know i'm not the only one. Please try to be a bit more respectful when posting.

OP..I don't think anyone was hassling you for asking about a firm to help you. What we're trying to say is that we often hear of more horror stories than anything here and perhaps it's the frustration on all our parts talking. The process is difficult enough and those who have paid even more only to have someone screw it up have a right to be frustrated. Please don't take offense to others opinions...afterall, you did ask. ;)

pushbrk is right.. the example forms are great but the instructions are of utmost importance. You can find some here as well as uscis.gov ...right along with the forms. As he always states.. interpret the questions literally and answer as honestly as possible. If you start thinking about them too much you will start to question yourself.

Please dont be afraid to ask anything... we all had the questions once.

Go through all the links I gave you yesterday and read, read, read..before you fill out anything. ;)

oh..and try to smile..in the end, it's all going to be worth it. :)

I didnt mean for my post to be rude and dont see how it was, i was just offering so advise to help sorry if it came out the wrong way

Radzney and Steven

Flew to Davao May 2008

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/18/2009 Married

04/27/2009 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I didnt mean for my post to be rude and dont see how it was, i was just offering so advise to help sorry if it came out the wrong way

She was talking to himher, not you.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

opss sorry thanks for the correction

Radzney and Steven

Flew to Davao May 2008

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/18/2009 Married

04/27/2009 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The information goes underneath the line, man if your having trouble just filling out this form (which you don't need to file I-129) maybe you should hire a attorney.

I started a thread earlier about using a service to complete the K1 and everyone basically called me a dumbass for not doin it myself. So I sit down and start filling all this stuff out and i get to the Affidavit of Support part. On number 3 of that document there is a place for me to fill out my fiances name, address, etc., but the form is all retarded in that there is no room for her name. It's like there is a line missing. It's ####### like this that worries me. I know that if i just fill it out neat and complete that anyone with common sense would be able to read it and understand. But we're dealing with Government employees. Can someone please explain where i write her name at number 3? I don't want something as dumb as that holding everything up.

Thanks.

10/28/2008 I-129 sent to VSC

10/30/2008 Received VSC

11/03/2008 NOA-1 per Attorney e-mail

11/03/2008 check cashed

9588.gif

Timeline

I'm just not real good with computers is all. I've spent my career as a commercial fisherman in alaska for the most part. I guess i could call u a moron if u had a problem trying to figure out how to run the powerblock for a halibut longline.

Not everyone is familiar with PDF's and whatnot.

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm just not real good with computers is all. I've spent my career as a commercial fisherman in alaska for the most part. I guess i could call u a moron if u had a problem trying to figure out how to run the powerblock for a halibut longline.

Well, now is your opportunity to learn a new skill. My loose analogy would be you've just become a new crew member on an immigration fishing boat, so use the same concepts you would use on a fishing boat. Listen to the experienced deck hands and the captain. When they tell you to start by cutting bait (studying the guides and instructions) just do it. :thumbs:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Great advice as always pushbrk.

rockhouse, please dont take one members remarks to heart. We all started this process with many questions ...and some of us with many mistakes as well. ;) As I said, I too had many questions when filling out the forms and I certainly do not consider myself a moron. I'm sure you're not either! They can be very confusing at times ...which is why this website is such a great resource. Really, the hardest part for most of us is the wait after the forms are all filled out and sent in.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have regarding the process and i'll be happy to help you out.

timeline.jpg

WOW..that makes me a genuis as well..:)

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Timeline

rockhouse, please dont take one members remarks to heart. We all started this process with many questions ...and some of us with many mistakes as well. ;) As I said, I too had many questions when filling out the forms and I certainly do not consider myself a moron. I'm sure you're not either! They can be very confusing at times ...which is why this website is such a great resource. Really, the hardest part for most of us is the wait after the forms are all filled out and sent in.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have regarding the process and i'll be happy to help you out.

Thank you so much! I will try my best, but may need more help.

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thank you so much! I will try my best, but may need more help.

Of course you'll need more help. We all did.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I started a thread earlier about using a service to complete the K1 and everyone basically called me a dumbass for not doin it myself. So I sit down and start filling all this stuff out and i get to the Affidavit of Support part. On number 3 of that document there is a place for me to fill out my fiances name, address, etc., but the form is all retarded in that there is no room for her name. It's like there is a line missing. It's ####### like this that worries me. I know that if i just fill it out neat and complete that anyone with common sense would be able to read it and understand. But we're dealing with Government employees. Can someone please explain where i write her name at number 3? I don't want something as dumb as that holding everything up.

Thanks.

Tell me about it....I agree about this government thing you said...my common sense tells me one thing and then I read these instructions sometimes and I want to go wwith common sense, but if you screw up just once,,,that's it. It's a battle of common sense versus supposedly "simple, literal" instructions..but these instructions are made for robots and our "thinking" gets in the way...... :bonk: I still don't know how to think like a robot..... :lol:

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Please accept my apology.......noting that morons can and do fill these forms out is not exactly the same thing as implying that you yourself are a moron. What I did call you out on is that it appeared that you were filling out stuff that was not applicable to what you are trying to do and that implied that you did not look at the instructions that spell out what is required by USCIS to get you what you want. Not following the instructions from the beginning isn't smart...especially if you are dealing with mindless government drones who could care less if your petition is approved or not.

I spent some time in Alaska, a year and a half, in North Pole no less. Does this girl know what you are getting her into? lol

Your first step, as was mine, was figuring out what the h$ll to file. The petition for alien fiance is on USCIS.gov under "immigration forms". You do NOT have to fill them out on the computer. They can be printed out and neatly filled out by hand if you want to.

When you click on the I129F form (or any of the other forms you have to file) the form AND the instructions for filling them out pop up together. Print them BOTH out, and follow the instructions for filling the form out as exactly as possible. While you are filling out your petition, the instructions will tell you what additional documents that you need to attach and make sure you gather them up and attach them with your petition EXACTLY AS REQUESTED. The instructions may ask you to attach another form, like the "G325A" for you and your fiance. Download that, with those instructions, and fill it out just like the instructions for THAT form say to. And so on.....

Once your package is complete, per the instructions, THEN it would be good to check the go-by's and the example forms on VJ or a similar site to make sure you did not forget anything. I didn't have that at the time, but I included the actual USCIS instructions with my petition package with each thing they asked for (boldly) highlighted in yellow (like a sarcastic little checklist) and sent it in with everything else. Or pay someone to do it. Your money is a LOT harder earned than most of us if you are working those boats so my suggestion is to carefully do this on your own and save the filing fees for something else (buy that poor girl some winter clothes maybe?)

Either way, best of luck to you.....this stuff does teach you patience!

i don't get it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.