rockhouse

This is what im talkin about...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I started a thread earlier about using a service to complete the K1 and everyone basically called me a dumbass for not doin it myself. So I sit down and start filling all this stuff out and i get to the Affidavit of Support part. On number 3 of that document there is a place for me to fill out my fiances name, address, etc., but the form is all retarded in that there is no room for her name. It's like there is a line missing. It's ####### like this that worries me. I know that if i just fill it out neat and complete that anyone with common sense would be able to read it and understand. But we're dealing with Government employees. Can someone please explain where i write her name at number 3? I don't want something as dumb as that holding everything up.

Thanks.

29ngqhd.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Nevermind, i got it....just a retarded goverment document the way it's layed-out.

Please start by studying the guides and example forms. The tools are here for you but only if you use them. The affidavit of support isn't needed until after your petition is approved. You send it to your fiance(e) to carry to the interview.

There's a reason you see these all over the place here.

:guides:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey, just wanted to offer you some support. Read your other thread. I didn't think people were really harping on you just pointing out that pros and cons. Make sure you read the guides and post if you have any questions. Which form were you having difficulty with, I-134 or I-864? Both of these should be filled out later after your 129F is approved; before her visa interview, and when applying for her green card, respectively. Just thought I'd mention it in case you were getting ahead of yourself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I started a thread earlier about using a service to complete the K1 and everyone basically called me a dumbass for not doin it myself. So I sit down and start filling all this stuff out and i get to the Affidavit of Support part. On number 3 of that document there is a place for me to fill out my fiances name, address, etc., but the form is all retarded in that there is no room for her name. It's like there is a line missing. It's ####### like this that worries me. I know that if i just fill it out neat and complete that anyone with common sense would be able to read it and understand. But we're dealing with Government employees. Can someone please explain where i write her name at number 3? I don't want something as dumb as that holding everything up.

Thanks.

i assume you are talking about the i-134

did you look at the vj example form? http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Nevermind, i got it....just a retarded goverment document the way it's layed-out.

Please start by studying the guides and example forms. The tools are here for you but only if you use them. The affidavit of support isn't needed until after your petition is approved. You send it to your fiance(e) to carry to the interview.

There's a reason you see these all over the place here.

:guides:

Exactly, I-134 is NOT needed at the time you file the I-129F for a K-1 visa, it is required at the time of visa interview months after filing the I-129F.

The Guides and example forms spell out the required forms and how to fill them out for initial filing of the I-129F.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Pushbrk makes the most valid point...Read the Instructions....it is clearly written that for information that does not fit, that one can add an additional sheet containing this informaiton. But be VERY specific and exact when you do this...refer to the original form, the section, the line you are filing and then, of course, the information you are completing.

But, read ALL instructions in GREAT detail and then.....read it again! Then, when all is done....read it again!! One little slip up could cost you alot of time with an RFE.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WHEN the affidavit is needed is irrelevant to the fact that it's lay out is weird. Thanks for the info. though, there's so much on this site it's easy to miss stuff.

29ngqhd.jpg

Yes, it is easy to miss stuff....is why ou must READ, READ, READ the instructions.....and use this site as reference to the next step.

05-21-06 - Met online

12-29-07 - Married at 6pm THE LAST TIME I'LL FALL IN LOVE

07-28-08 - Mailed I-130(Chicago, $355 X 2)

07-31-08 - NOA1(I-130 recieved in Chicago)

08-01-08 - Hard copy NOA1 (I recieved the NOA1 via mail)

08-25-08 - Hard copy NOA2(I-130 approved and recieved by me)

08-27-08 - NVC assigns case number(verified via telephone call)

09-05-08 - Received DS-3032 and AOS bill(checked by phone and noted on travel web site)

09-05-08 - Paid AOS bill online --- pending (paid on-line $70)

09-06-08 - Emailed DS-3032 --- auto response (email that NVC recieved an email from Grace, nothing more)

09-09-08 - AOS bill --- PAID!! (noted on travel web site as "PAID")

09-11-09 - Grace recieved DS-3032s, still no response to the email...(wife got a birthday package from her hubby :) )

09-12-09 - Mailed DS-3032 via FedEx. Also mailed out AOS(paper mailed just to be certain they get one)

09-15-09 - NVC accepts DS-3032..FINALLY!!!(verified via email response and telephone call)

09-15-09 - IV Bill paid online - in process($400 X 2)

09-16-08 - AOS revieced by NVC and being reviewed.(verified via telephone call)

09-17-08 - Immigrant VISA Bill fee "PAID" (verified on-line)

09-24-08 - AOS approved(verified via telephone call)

10-06-08 - DS230 recieved by NVC

10-10-08 - CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

10-29-08 - Appointment Schedule for 12-9-2008(verified by telephone call to NVC)

11-03-08 - Recieved Appointment letter via snail mail

11-25-08 - Medical Exam at St. Lukes Medical Center

12-09-08 - Interview at 630am.......VISAs APPROVED!!

Timeline
WHEN the affidavit is needed is irrelevant to the fact that it's lay out is weird. Thanks for the info. though, there's so much on this site it's easy to miss stuff.

That the form's layout is weird is of no consequence when you use the example forms in the guides. The horse goes in front of the cart for this process.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hey, just wanted to offer you some support. Read your other thread. I didn't think people were really harping on you just pointing out that pros and cons. Make sure you read the guides and post if you have any questions. Which form were you having difficulty with, I-134 or I-864? Both of these should be filled out later after your 129F is approved; before her visa interview, and when applying for her green card, respectively. Just thought I'd mention it in case you were getting ahead of yourself.

I-134 is for NON-Immigrant K-Visas and used at visa interview.

I-864 is for Immigrants and for sponsoring immigrant visas like CR-1 IR-1, and for adjusting status from NON-Immigrant to immigrant in the USA. I-864 is the Green-Card affidavit of support.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Good grief, a moron can fill the forms out. The instructions are very simple. I never read a "guide" for ANY thing we filed. Somehow we managed to do it. Nothing was delayed or returned and no additional evidence was requested. Each line has an instruction. The required documents for filing an I129F are clearly spelled out for both a fiance or a spouse.

Just follow the directions. Exactly as written. When you are done, THEN check the guides and example forms if you want to and see if there is anything you might have missed.

I guarantee you that if you READ the instructions on the I129F not a dam thing was said about an I134F. Did the instructions ask for one? No? Why are you filling one out then?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

i don't get it.

Timeline
Good grief, a moron can fill the forms out. The instructions are very simple. I never read a "guide" for ANY thing we filed. Somehow we managed to do it. Nothing was delayed or returned and no additional evidence was requested. Each line has an instruction. The required documents for filing an I129F are clearly spelled out for both a fiance or a spouse.

Just follow the directions. Exactly as written. When you are done, THEN check the guides and example forms if you want to and see if there is anything you might have missed.

I guarantee you that if you READ the instructions on the I129F not a dam thing was said about an I134F. Did the instructions ask for one? No? Why are you filling one out then?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

Studying the guides is more important for some than for others. I didn't read them either but I had lots of experience dealing with the government and their forms. I take it after a couple minutes of thought, the OP figured out how to put a name on the form.

The instructions ARE actually more critical than the guides. The main purpose of the guides is to learn the process. The example forms do help the less confident among us.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I look at it like filling out your tax forms. You must read the instructions or you may miss an important deduction and wind up owing the IRS.

If you can fill in your tax forms, you can fill out this application. With the VJ'ers you have a free on-call help whenever you need.

If you take your taxes to the local CPA on the other hand, then you may benefit from legal services. BUT you must be careful, there are many rip-off artists out there preying on confused new lovebirds.

Take a deep breath, this is something you can accomplish however best suits your needs, either by doing it yourself or getting help - it is your future!

Ah, the joys of falling in love with a non-USC! :jest:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

I started a thread earlier about using a service to complete the K1 and everyone basically called me a dumbass for not doin it myself.

Fill it out, and go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure there are no mistakes, I rechecked my paperwork several time. Yes it is tedious.

You have made probably the best decision in your life by marrying a Filipina. Your a genuis in my books.

Edited by tallcoolone

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.