gpat2013

for people whose POE was Atlanta, please repond

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi everyone. this question is for those people whose POE was Atlanta, GA. my wife's interview is on 3rd, and she is coming next sunday at Atlanta Hartsfiled Int'l Airport. I want to know that when you landed at the airport, did u do your customs first and then went to baggage claim or went to baggage claim, and then did ur custom, and handed the packet to the officer? please someone respond soon. thanks

Met Wife online on May 19th, 2007

Met In person Oct. 19th, 2007

Got Married Oct. 22nd, 2007

I - 130 sent Nov 14th, 2007

NOA1 - Jan. 24th, 2008

Touched Feb 24th, 2008

Case Transfer to CSC - August 6th 2008

Touched August 9th

Touched August 11th

Touched August 12th

Touched August 15- Approved

Sent to NVC August 18th

NVC Received August 22nd

Got Case # August 22nd

Generated AOS FEE and IV Processing Bill- August 29th 2008

Got IIN # - Sept. 3rd, 2008

Paid AOS FEE bill and IV processing Bill - Sept. 3rd, 2008

Payment accepted for AOS FEE and IV Processing bill - Sept. 5th 2008

Case Completed Oct. 22nd, 2008

Wife's Interview Date: Dec. 3rd, 2008

Wife Here In US on Dec. 13th 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You go through customs first. Please expect a long delay. Even without a line it takes an hour to get out of customs alone. Then she will get her baggage their, then she has to give it to employees again so it can go to the main baggage claim area. After that she has to go to the underground transportation center where it will take her to baggage claim. I know with all my trips this whole process takes AT LEAST an hour prior to making it to the main baggage area.

I hope this helps...and CONGRATULATIONS...I truly wish it was me!!!!

Our "VisaJourney" ended on July 31st, when my husband became a US Citizen!!! Congratulations and Good Luck to all!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The process is the same at substantially all POE's... admittance is FIRST

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i am asking u this question, because i never had to go through customs at atlanta airport. i always had to do customs at other airports first.

Met Wife online on May 19th, 2007

Met In person Oct. 19th, 2007

Got Married Oct. 22nd, 2007

I - 130 sent Nov 14th, 2007

NOA1 - Jan. 24th, 2008

Touched Feb 24th, 2008

Case Transfer to CSC - August 6th 2008

Touched August 9th

Touched August 11th

Touched August 12th

Touched August 15- Approved

Sent to NVC August 18th

NVC Received August 22nd

Got Case # August 22nd

Generated AOS FEE and IV Processing Bill- August 29th 2008

Got IIN # - Sept. 3rd, 2008

Paid AOS FEE bill and IV processing Bill - Sept. 3rd, 2008

Payment accepted for AOS FEE and IV Processing bill - Sept. 5th 2008

Case Completed Oct. 22nd, 2008

Wife's Interview Date: Dec. 3rd, 2008

Wife Here In US on Dec. 13th 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I live in Atlanta. I love the airport, but when my husband flew in from Egypt then Germany to Atl, I waited for him for 3 hours at the airport to get thru customs. I was not happy about that... but what can you do ? It is what it is. I will ask him when he wakes up what exactly he did first though.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i am asking u this question, because i never had to go through customs at atlanta airport. i always had to do customs at other airports first.

don't worry about it... just follow the crowd... they will show you the way

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

my husband and I just came through Atlanta on Tuesday. I am assuming because of the fact that I was there (the US citizen) that that helped us (little questioning) and we were in and out of immigration in 30 minutes. One hour from getting off the plane we were being greeted by my family and waiting for our luggage to come back up to the upstairs baggage claim. (In Atlanta you pick up all of the luggage, go through customs and then immigration, drop off luggage for it to be sent upstairs to baggage claim, you go through security, take the airport train to baggage claim, meet family, pick up luggage and you are out the door.) good luck!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.