Manchester_Man

Help With Package

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm new on here. I just needed some help with getting my package together to send this in to get conditions removed on my 2 Yr Green Card. Now before I go any further I'm going to include my story so far (Hope this doesn't bore you all)

I met my Girlfriend over the internet and moved here in August 2005 and Married November 15th 2005. We went and got my Greencard all approved, now I had to wait an extra year for my Greencard to be in my possesion (Recieved Green card 01/05/08 and my Greencard expires 01/16/09. Now while all this was going on we were living with my Wifes parents for awhile and then we got an apartment (Which was all in her name because we didn't know the legal standings on Rental without a Greencard) so I was left stuck not able to work all because as I was minsinformed by USCIS Customer service about working. So, when I finally got my greencard I started working and had a great job and we were finally able to start getting things in both our names and possesion, but I know they require to see info regarding all 3 years, which we really don't have.

Any Suggestions? We have alot of evidence for the past year and the two letters from friends. But We just don't have any evidence for the years before that where I wasn't working. Any suggestions or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you sure you dont have any evidence at all? Lease papers, joint ownership of accounts etc. are not the only ways to prove you two were living together. I can think of a few things:

1) Personal letters comming to the same address

2) Online Purchase receipts that you made sent to your address

3) Photos of you two together over that period of time

4) Joint tax returns

If you have none of these how about an affidavit from two people either neighbours or family stating that they have seen you living together for the time frame in question.

Good Luck!

****MY MOM'S JOURNEY****

Sponsorship

05/13/2011 Sent I-130 Form for Mother

09/28/2011 NOA2 - I-130approved

10/19/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned

****MY JOURNEY****

Citizenship

06/10/2009 Sent N-400 to TX

07/14/2009 Biometrics Date

09/02/2009 Interview at Mount Laurel Office - verbal approval :)

10/26/2009 Oath Ceremony...Officially a CITIZEN

10/26/2009 Applied for a US Passport

Removing Conditions

06/09/2008 Mailed I-751 Packet, Removal of Conditions on Residence

07/23/2008 Biometrics Done

02/11/2009 Case transferred to CSC

03/23/2009 Case Transferred to Newark, NJ, Awaiting Interview.

06/25/2009 Interview...APPROVED!!!...Never Received 10 year GC

AOS

03/24/2006 Sent AOS Forms (I-130, I-485, I-765)

04/18/2006 Biometrics Processed

05/13/2006 RFE for I-485 processing (need I-864)

06/20/2006 Sent in RFE

07/22/2006 Recieved EAD card

09/06/2006 AOS Interview...APPROVED

09/18/2006 Got my PR Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If I'm understanding this correctly.. you entered the US I'm assuming using a visa waiver.. met the woman you wanted to be with... stayed, got married and eventually applied for your green card? You where issued with a conditional green card, good for two years which you didn't receive until early this year and it expires early next year? I have to ask.. Why where you without the conditional card for an entire year? Waiting for it to arrive, unaware you could get the I-551 stamp, used a bad lawyer? The more info you provide the better picture people can get and the better the advice you'll likely get if there's less blanks to fill in.

I'm sure you must have some bills, receipts, rent agreements for part of the year? Ask your in laws for a written letter, signed by them and maybe notarized(?) stating that you both stayed with them from x to y and then moved out. Hunt out any mail sent to you from back home.. e.g christmas cards, pictures letters, notice of SSA showing when you applied for and got your SSN, bank states, online and paper, car titles, phone bills, utility bills... That might help cover some of the gaps?

If you're removing conditions on residence, USCIS should only be interested in anything after the issue date on your conditional green card so I wouldn't worry about 3 years unless theres another reason? Check the issue date on the card and the expiry date.. let us know what it says!

If you can please fill in a time time or something we can use to track your progress, even though I'm sure a lot of the dates may be blurry now.

Good luck! :D and welcome to visa journey I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

If I'm understanding this correctly.. you entered the US I'm assuming using a visa waiver.. met the woman you wanted to be with... stayed, got married and eventually applied for your green card? You where issued with a conditional green card, good for two years which you didn't receive until early this year and it expires early next year? I have to ask.. Why where you without the conditional card for an entire year? Waiting for it to arrive, unaware you could get the I-551 stamp, used a bad lawyer? The more info you provide the better picture people can get and the better the advice you'll likely get if there's less blanks to fill in.

I'm sure you must have some bills, receipts, rent agreements for part of the year? Ask your in laws for a written letter, signed by them and maybe notarized(?) stating that you both stayed with them from x to y and then moved out. Hunt out any mail sent to you from back home.. e.g christmas cards, pictures letters, notice of SSA showing when you applied for and got your SSN, bank states, online and paper, car titles, phone bills, utility bills... That might help cover some of the gaps?

If you're removing conditions on residence, USCIS should only be interested in anything after the issue date on your conditional green card so I wouldn't worry about 3 years unless theres another reason? Check the issue date on the card and the expiry date.. let us know what it says!

If you can please fill in a time time or something we can use to track your progress, even though I'm sure a lot of the dates may be blurry now.

Good luck! :D and welcome to visa journey I'm sure you'll get plenty of help here!

First of all, thankyou for all the advice so far. To fill in a few gaps...We didn't use a lawyer at any point in this process, I had just turned 18 when me and my wife decided to get married (I know age should not be an excuse) Anytime we contacted USCIS they never mentioned anything about getting a stamp in my passport until the month before my Greencard arrived. I know most of this could have been avoided if I had got a lawyer ect. And for anyone else there reading these. Seek legal advise as USCIS are not much help. Like I said I have alot of info from this year, it was the first year of my Greencard where I have nothing as (Stupidly) I thought I was unable to put my name on anything until I had my Greencard in my hands, I guess that was just fear of breaking any laws. But here is all our dates so far in this process.

Married!.....................................11/15/2005

I-485 Recieved...........................05/09/2006

Biometrics.................................06/23/2006

Interveiw...................................Oct/2006

Conditional Greencard approved...01/18/2007

Greencard arrived in Mail..............01/06/2008

Conditional Greencard expires.........01/18/2009

My long, long stressful Journey so far. :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, use joint tax returns as well as correspondence sent to you from friends and family for the year you lack much evidence. Have your in-laws write a letter - and get it notarized - that you two lived with them from such and such dates to such and such dates and they attest the sincerity/validity of your marriage. Then, in your cover letter with the package, write a clear explanation that your conditional greencard was delayed for a year and you were under the impression that you were not able to add your name legally to such things as bank accounts, etc. until you could prove you were a legal immigrant. State that the moment you did receive your green card you did add your name wherever you could as that adds additional weight to your statement.

Good luck:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I think Kathryn41 hit the nail on the head there with her advice! Get all the evidence you can together!

You're right it is a long stressful journey, even more so when you don't really know much about the process. I'm glad we found this site, it saved us a $hite load of time energy any money I'm sure. I'm sure you already have but read though the guides on this site, check through the forum's ask more questions if you have to. The more you get to know the better you'll be equipped.

I do have one bit of important advice for you now you have your card and before it expires. If you don't already have a social security card that's the same as your wife's. That is if it says on the card "Not Valid for Work Without DHS Authorization" you can have that removed assuming you where issued a card with it on it. You may not have been if you got the card after you got your GC.

To have it removed, make an appointment or go to your SSA Office tell them you want a new card without the notation. If they give you any ####### (our office did) about it can't be removed provide them with this which is a list of what they need to do to give you what your asking for.

The reason I'm saying have the notation removed is.. if you're GC expires and your DL/ID is still good you can still work if asked to fill out another I-9. All you need is an unrestricted SSN and ID/DL. Very handy should your GC expire and you're in the process of changing jobs and you've applied for your new card. Employers can't ask or demand to see your GC when hiring all they can do is ask you to fill out an I-9.

Good luck!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Just an update to what I have currently included in my package. I didn't want to tell the story over so I figured I'd add it to this post. This is what I have so far, anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I think evidence is still lacking.

Copy Of Green Card

Two Passport Photos Me and Wife

Bank Statements from Oklahoma bank throughout 2008

Bank statement and copy of bank cards for Oklahoma and Washington account (Newly opened) Just moved to Washing 2 weeks ago

Joint Tax returns for '06 and '07

Internet bill

Phone bill

2 Affidavets

Dental issurance

Life insurance

Letter explaining lack of evidence for 2007 (Including letters from Social Security denying application due to no Greencard and notice from USCIS)

Marriage cert

Birth certs

Copy of passport stamp

Now all the bills are from January 08 upon current date. For the year 2007 im lackin but affidavets explain where and who me and my wife were living with.

Again, all replies are appreciated and I wish I had found this website back when I first got here!

Timeline
Just an update to what I have currently included in my package. I didn't want to tell the story over so I figured I'd add it to this post. This is what I have so far, anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I think evidence is still lacking.

Copy Of Green Card

Two Passport Photos Me and Wife

Bank Statements from Oklahoma bank throughout 2008

Bank statement and copy of bank cards for Oklahoma and Washington account (Newly opened) Just moved to Washing 2 weeks ago

Joint Tax returns for '06 and '07

Internet bill

Phone bill

2 Affidavets

Dental issurance

Life insurance

Letter explaining lack of evidence for 2007 (Including letters from Social Security denying application due to no Greencard and notice from USCIS)

Marriage cert

Birth certs

Copy of passport stamp

Now all the bills are from January 08 upon current date. For the year 2007 im lackin but affidavets explain where and who me and my wife were living with.

Again, all replies are appreciated and I wish I had found this website back when I first got here!

Looks good, all the evidance spread out over the period since you where offically issued the 2 year card is good. I don't think you need passport photos at this point? You could always throw in any and all holiday photos, trips away, nights out showing you both together are always an extra.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I honestly think you've got it covered. The only thing I can think of is including a notarized letter from your wife's parents that says that you lived with them during that period of time (but I don't think it's necessary).

Best of luck with this stage, and welcome to VJ! It is an amazing source of info.

I-751

12/19/07 – Mail I-751

12/21/07 – Received in Vermont

1/3/08 – NOA extending Greencard for one year

2/15/08 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/08 - InfoPass appointment to get I-551 stamp in passport to extend residency for another year

12/3/08 - Receive email notification that my status has now changed to "card production ordered" : )

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys, I'm new on here. I just needed some help with getting my package together to send this in to get conditions removed on my 2 Yr Green Card. Now before I go any further I'm going to include my story so far (Hope this doesn't bore you all)

I met my Girlfriend over the internet and moved here in August 2005 and Married November 15th 2005. We went and got my Greencard all approved, now I had to wait an extra year for my Greencard to be in my possesion (Recieved Green card 01/05/08 and my Greencard expires 01/16/09. Now while all this was going on we were living with my Wifes parents for awhile and then we got an apartment (Which was all in her name because we didn't know the legal standings on Rental without a Greencard) so I was left stuck not able to work all because as I was minsinformed by USCIS Customer service about working. So, when I finally got my greencard I started working and had a great job and we were finally able to start getting things in both our names and possesion, but I know they require to see info regarding all 3 years, which we really don't have.

Any Suggestions? We have alot of evidence for the past year and the two letters from friends. But We just don't have any evidence for the years before that where I wasn't working. Any suggestions or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Holy smokes- just saw your list. That's way more than we sent in. We sent in joint tax returns and our daughter's birth certificate and that was it. I hope it doesn't get denied! Good luck with your interview. It sounds like you have a ton of evidence.

You guys have just made my day, I've been stressing about all this for time. On the two affidavets I have 1 from In-laws showing we stayed with them and they saw us on a regular basis before moving and then also from an old room mate we had an apartment with up until recently which covers those 2 years since my 2 Year was Issued. Like I said most of my info is mostly for this year apart from the affidavets and the tax returns.

*Fingers Crossed For A Speedy Response*

Now when I go to get my fingerprints taken do I get my passport stamped while my case is being reviewed?

You guys have just made my day, I've been stressing about all this for time. On the two affidavets I have 1 from In-laws showing we stayed with them and they saw us on a regular basis before moving and then also from an old room mate we had an apartment with up until recently which covers those 2 years since my 2 Year was Issued. Like I said most of my info is mostly for this year apart from the affidavets and the tax returns.

Now when I go to get my fingerprints taken do I get my passport stamped while my case is being reviewed?

Good luck with everything.

No, you don't get the stamp on your biometrics appoinment. For the i-551 stamp you need to make an infopass, but you really don't need that yet if you receive your NOA with "one year extension" of your GC before your GC expires.

No, you don't get the stamp on your biometrics appoinment. For the i-551 stamp you need to make an infopass, but you really don't need that yet if you receive your NOA with "one year extension" of your GC before your GC expires.

Anyone know when you get the NOA? is that usually the same time as the Biometrics notice or around that time?

Anyone know when you get the NOA? is that usually the same time as the Biometrics notice or around that time?

We got the NOA 13 days before the Biometrics letter.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.