Coheed

Most unfortunate scenario!!

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok heres a situation that will make you all guys feel fortunate enough, cos you'll be thanking God that this didn't happened to you..

Our family got denied on interview approximately a year before, as a normal reaction, we got depressed and a lot of money was wasted. After a year, finally after all the years of waiting and waiting, and another course of waiting on the appeal of the lawyer regarding our case to grant another chance for the visa, we are approved and recieved our visa. Now everything is ready and it seems everything is going smooth, we will have our flight a couple of days from now.... and we received one of the worst news in our lives, the petitioner died (grandpa).

Does anybody anybody know what to do? Or any ideas? We waited for almost 10 years, or more for this petition to make it happen..

Are those years and years of waiting will go to waste? Please a little help will be highly appreciated. I really dont know what to do.

I'm in a really bad state now, emotionally speaking. It's really frustrating.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Ok heres a situation that will make you all guys feel fortunate enough, cos you'll be thanking God that this didn't happened to you..

Our family got denied on interview approximately a year before, as a normal reaction, we got depressed and a lot of money was wasted. After a year, finally after all the years of waiting and waiting, and another course of waiting on the appeal of the lawyer regarding our case to grant another chance for the visa, we are approved and recieved our visa. Now everything is ready and it seems everything is going smooth, we will have our flight a couple of days from now.... and we received one of the worst news in our lives, the petitioner died (grandpa).

Does anybody anybody know what to do? Or any ideas? We waited for almost 10 years, or more for this petition to make it happen..

Are those years and years of waiting will go to waste? Please a little help will be highly appreciated. I really dont know what to do.

That's so sad. But you have your visas and are free to come to the U.S. where I assume other relatives will be there to greet you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Im so sorry to hear that. There are alot of knowledgeble people on VJ so hopefully someone will know what you have to do next.

I wish you the best of luck

(F)

20967eadtkm9brekr0.gif

"If we begin with certainties, we shall end in doubts; but if we begin with doubts, and we are patient in them, we shall end in certainties."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My brother in law had the same situation like yours ten years ago, the petioner died but they still granted visas, of course the consul

asked if the petioner is still living and they said "yes". They are all now US citizen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear your situation! It's a sad story. I hope someone here could give you definite answer.

I think you are all good to go since you have all your visas.. someone clarify please.

Vida Taylor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This article might help.

It seems to say that the visa is automatically revoked by the death of the petitioner if the death occurs before actual immigration. It goes on to to describe how the automatic revocation can be overcome by applying for a Humanitarian Reinstatement.

Timeline

My brother in law had the same situation like yours ten years ago, the petioner died but they still granted visas, of course the consul

asked if the petioner is still living and they said "yes". They are all now US citizen.

So what you're saying is, your brother-in-law lied (sorry no offense) to the consul by saying that the petitioner was still alive, and they were granted their visas, just like that?

I dont know about your brother-in-law's case, but in our case, the petitioner died after we got the visa. Its just that days before the flight, he died. All those dreams and plans shattered. Now we really dont know what to do.. F*** i'm really really furious right now.. Sorry bout that. :crying:

So what you're saying is, your brother-in-law lied (sorry no offense) to the consul by saying that the petitioner was still alive, and they were granted their visas, just like that?

I dont know about your brother-in-law's case, but in our case, the petitioner died after we got the visa. Its just that days before the flight, he died. All those dreams and plans shattered. Now we really dont know what to do.. F*** i'm really really furious right now.. Sorry bout that. :crying:

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE VISA YOU ARE FREE TO COME HERE!!!!!

Timeline
This article might help.

It seems to say that the visa is automatically revoked by the death of the petitioner if the death occurs before actual immigration. It goes on to to describe how the automatic revocation can be overcome by applying for a Humanitarian Reinstatement.

Oh.. i see now.. Damn.. well thanks anyways. :crying: i appreciate it.

Timeline

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE VISA YOU ARE FREE TO COME HERE!!!!!

Are you sure? I really hope its true..

Timeline

That's so sad. But you have your visas and are free to come to the U.S. where I assume other relatives will be there to greet you.

I really hope that's the case, but i believe our visas will be revoked because of the death of the petitioner, but im really not sure about that.

Pls somebody enlighten me :(

Thank btw, really appreciate it..

I'm so so sorry that this happened to your family.

I surely believe that after this very frustrating happening, things will get better, It might take time but the family will surely get well. I wish you good luck ahead. (F)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am sorry if i may be promoting fraud but if they don't ask anymore questions about the petitioner, just leave. You have your tickets, they don't need to know anything more. I don't believe you have to do AOS when you get here, so no problems there. Just grab you tickets and head out. I am sorry fro your loss.

I-130 for Two Step Children

App Recieved by USCIS: April 13, 2010

Notice Date: April 19, 2010

Notice Recieved: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 21, 2010

Touched: April 22, 2010

Approved:September 28,2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.