Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers II~

643 posts in this topic

Everyone wishes they were July filers because we are just too cool icon10.gif

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes B)

or something :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Thank you!! I'm a bit gutted we didn't just get transferred to CSC because I hate interviews but at least I know what is going on now :D Applied for that Assistant Manager job today as well so fingers crossed on that one.

Have *finally* started my Christmas shopping - it is sooo weird... Some things we are buying here which will then be shipped to the UK all wrapped and ready, but other things we are buying online from the UK (as the exchange rate is in our favour :D ) and having to let everyone know that you are buying something that will be sent to them for them to wrap for someone else from me and Jeremy... well it gets really complicated!!!

My biggest irk is that I want to buy something from Asda but it is one of those buy two for X amount deals. I want one thing for my friend and one for my dad's partner... now I am happy to send the one for my dad's partner to my brother but the other one needs to get to my friend. If I buy them separately then I don't get the saving and have to pay for extra shipping... AHHHH!!!!

So now I am thinking I will get it all sent to my mum... but I can't because I have a pair of slippers for her in there... Ack... Umm... ok... Will send it to my brother, ask him to wrap the present for my friend and take it to mum's then get my other friend to pick it up to take to my friend who the gift is for at Christmas...

See what I mean?!??! Is everyone else having the same problem???

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I've done this whole juggling act for a few years now, and generally I just buy things where I am, and wrap and send them myself... it restricts you somewhat, of course, to things that are light and smallish and easy to wrap and pack, but I like the level of control it brings!

otherwise, if I'm buying online, I'll just get things gift-wrapped and sent through their systems... once I bought something from an eBay seller for my parents in Aus and I sent the sellers a card to include with the gift, when they sent it; it all worked out fine :)

you'll be great in the interview... don't worry about it :)

it will be CLEAR that your relationship is genuine, and that's all they need to know; don't stress over it :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Oh I'm not too stressed about the interview really - I am sure I will get nervous nearer the time, but that's just who I am :P Jeremy was wondering which photos we bring with us and I figured the ones from August would suffice ;) We have a few and they are dreadful but as long as they serve their purpose then we'll be ok :)

I think I'm doing ok at the moment with Christmas - I am going to make some earrings for mum/gran/sis-in-law/friend etc which will be personal and light :D Will also give me something to do :) Have managed to get my brother's Christmas and birthday presents sent to mum to wrap and my other brother's Christmas present as well :) I figure it is something I will have to get used to!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

OH; ALY; i am so excited that you have your interview appointment!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

my computer remembered my password, me - unfortunately not so much. still hoping that the moderators will help me to change my password.

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Yay! You're back!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yeah - interview in a couple of months - it's nice knowing that there is an end in sight, at least for a couple of years ;)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Just found this in our old thread...

Hey! Welcome to our little group! We also have a thread in the "Moving here and your new life in America" forum if you want to join us :D

I'm just waiting for the July 1008 filers to start using this thread :lol:

OMG - this time next week... :unsure: It will be my last full day in the UK :cry:

Man I must have been really traumatised :lol:

It's good to know that USCIS have been torturing people for a millennium :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Hi everyone :) What happened to the old thread? I figured there was some hostility going on there so I didn´t bother reading it. Did I miss something?

Congratulations to the interview Aly :)

Sorry I was gone for a bit but I have a good excuse :P So if it was Rae´s birthday on Tuesday (Happy belated birthday Rachel :) ) it looks like it will be her who Kai is going to be sharing birthday with :P It happened pretty fast and a bit early and it was an emergency, but he is doing well and is very cute :luv:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Sorry I was gone for a bit but I have a good excuse :P So if it was Rae´s birthday on Tuesday (Happy belated birthday Rachel :) ) it looks like it will be her who Kai is going to be sharing birthday with :P It happened pretty fast and a bit early and it was an emergency, but he is doing well and is very cute :luv:

Seriously, you've had the baby????????

Wow, congrats. (F) (F) :D

OMG!!! You're kidding me!! That's like a whole month and a bit early!!! Oh congratulations hunny!!! Maybe you can make it down for New Year's Eve now :P

*runs to facebook in case pics have been added*

Oh Marta - he is adorable! I can't believe you had him already!! What on earth happened???

I'm glad you're both ok :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OH; ALY; i am so excited that you have your interview appointment!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

my computer remembered my password, me - unfortunately not so much. still hoping that the moderators will help me to change my password.

When you go to log in, click "forgot your password", follow the instructions and a new password will be sent to your email. Use that to log in and then you can change it to something you can remember. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG! Marta, congratulations! How sweet of you to wish me a happy birthday too, and how nice that Kai shares it. :) Happy birthday to him! So glad to hear that you and he are okay even though he arrived early. And though I never mentioned it before, I really like the name you picked! Original and very cool.

Wow, such news in this thread! I did read the end of the old one, and figured it was due to hostility, but was glad to see the locking was not due to the negativity per se. Who the heck is that awful Charles! guy anyway? :huh: my goodness.

Aly, many congrats on getting all the paperwork in a flurry. Must be nice to know this interview date already, so far in advance. Pretty soon you two will have your GC and all will be well, you can seriously forget about USCIS for a bit.

Congrats again Marta. Happy you are safe and things are good. :)

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.