Jeraly

~July 2007 K-1 Filers II~

643 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

it's a system of paper sizing, where all the different sizes are based on the same ratio, and have different numbers (eg A1, A2, A3 etc) - the higher you go the smaller the paper (each number up is half the size of the last)

A4 is the one that is the standard letter size :)

see this article on wiki for more details and a handy diagram :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
By 1975 so many countries were using the German system that it was established as an ISO standard, as well as the official United Nations document format. By 1977 A4 was the standard letter format in 88 of 148 countries, and today only the U.S. and Canada have not adopted the system.

colour me so surprised :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
By 1975 so many countries were using the German system that it was established as an ISO standard, as well as the official United Nations document format. By 1977 A4 was the standard letter format in 88 of 148 countries, and today only the U.S. and Canada have not adopted the system.

You don't have a job do you? (teehee!)Sorry to rub it in, I'm in the same boat :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually I'm surprised Canada didn't!

And it's color. :P

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Timeline

she'll just shake her head sadly at the poor people who don't know how to spell, AND have stupid paper sizes :P

no, I technically don't have a job, babbles, but I'm working close to full time four days a week, and today's my day off, and I'm still doing something for work :lol:

sometimes I forget I'm not getting paid ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
she'll just shake her head sadly at the poor people who don't know how to spell, AND have stupid paper sizes :P

no, I technically don't have a job, babbles, but I'm working close to full time four days a week, and today's my day off, and I'm still doing something for work :lol:

sometimes I forget I'm not getting paid ;)

Ah, my apologies. I'm the one with nothing else to do :P

Timeline

yes indeed :P

what are you up to these days? I haven't caught up with you in ages... feel free to move to PM if you'd rather :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Oh ok, we use A sizes for paper too. I think it's great. Had to get some CZ foil sheet protectors for my CZ papers cuz they didn't fit in the American foils :P

Filed: Timeline

You'll pry my 8 1/2 x 11 out of my cold dead hands!!

(and then you'll think you're soooo clever, until you realize you just robbed a corpse.)

hey everyone!!

i hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. happy new year to all!

i went to ny after i finished taking my finals (around the 17th of dec), and proceeded to get a stomach flu (not fun). i was sick for about 4-5 days but was glad that i had adriano and my mom to take care of me. :blush: once i recovered, adriano and i proceeded on our long planned vacation with my sister and her family. we were driving down the east coast, stopping for two nights at my dad's condo in myrtle beach, sc. the place is located on a golf course, which was not as exciting to me as it is for my dad, but the weather was beautiful and there are lots of things to do in the area. it was very relaxing.

so we then hit the road and stopped for the night in savannah, ga. i was soooo excited about this, and we were basically going there because of my recommendation. i have been to ga many times (i went to school only about 20 minutes away from the fla-ga border), but had never been to savannah. oh man, i loved it! i had heard so many good things about it, and all of my expecations were met once we went there. the historic center is so beautiful and its the cutest little american city i have ever seen. the people and the food were great too.

we hit the road again and drove down to orlando, which would be our final destination. we stayed in a beautiful resort (my sister has a timeshare there) and it was just fabulous. we went to two disney parks (epcot and hollywood studios - - - formerly mgm). it was amazing to see how my perception of things has changed, because i hadnt been there since i was 9 years old. i appreciated things that i couldnt appreciate when i was so young, and it was like seeing the place with new eyes. i was glad to see that adriano really enjoyed himself too. i was a little worried because we have gone to six flags together in the past, and he didnt have the greatest time. he feels sick if he goes on the big rides (and i LOVE the big rides lol), so that was a concern for me. but disney has so many options, that we were all able to enjoy ourselves. we went on the small rides and saw all of the shows (AMAZING!!) together, and then when it was time for the big rides (there weren't even that many), he would scoot away to explore with my sister who also doesnt go on those rides. it worked out very well and he was impressed to say the least.

unfortuntely i am back in indiana now (got back wednesday) with a foot of snow outside. :(

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ah Susie, I'm glad that you had a great time!!

We will have Dinner guests today and I AM BAKING SCHWARZWÄLDER KIRSCHTORTE.

http://www.schwarzwald-relax.de/Kirschtortenrezept.htm

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Susie, nice to see you! :)

No fair, Agnes, I can't read that recipe! :( Looks yummy though.

K1

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

(and then you'll think you're soooo clever, until you realize you just robbed a corpse.)

I think I need to walk a mile in your shoes before you croak, Mox.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

What about your 11 x 17? (or what our colonial cousins would refer to as "A3")

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.