43 posts in this topic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
OMG I WENT AND CHECKED THE SITE AS I HAD THE TOUCH THIS MORNING AND OMG OMG OMG I AM SHAKING, THIS IS WHAT I SAW

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 20, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ALL SMILES

CHELLE

conguratulation

u sent files and get NOA 1 kind of same date

just 2 days different or something

so i hope our visa will approval as soon as we can

any way

conguratulations again!!!!

Chris Young & Kaori Young

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Ok guys I need your help on what we are to do next. We do have a lawyer so he will probally let me know soon but we want to try to get as much done together before I have to leave on the first and then Keith can just copy over to whatever papers he is sent. I dont understand the packet 3 and 4 part and I have researched it but am not good at that. Is there somewhere I can get a copy to look at?

Also does he need a police report? and if so should we try to get that now as I have read it takes 4 weeks or more to get it.. I just want to get it done :)

Thanks

Chelle

Go here for the Police certificate http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp will take approx 10 days to get it.

Check the embassy website here for other documents and how to get any other police certificates (if he needs them) http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/docs169.html

thankyou for this information. I have read it and am now a little confused about the affidavit for support... this is what I read....

Evidence of Support - Any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Note that the petitioner, in family based immigrant visa applications, and employment based immigrant visa applications where a family member has a significant ownership interest, is required to file a contractually binding Affidavit of Support, Form I-864. This requirement does not apply to fiancé(e), Kii or V visa applicants when applying for a fiancé(e), Kii or V visa. However, the petitioner will be required to file an I-864 when the fiancee, Kii, or V visa holder applies for an adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States after the marriage ceremony has taken place. Further information for fiancé(e), Kii and V visa applicants. Note: For immigrant visa applicant whose case has been processed through the National Visa Center (NVC) the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, will be sent to the Embassy by the NVC. You are not required to bring a copy of this documemt to the visa interview.

I thought we have to have a sponsor for him? I am probally reading this wrong so please let me know .. thanks

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok guys I need your help on what we are to do next. We do have a lawyer so he will probally let me know soon but we want to try to get as much done together before I have to leave on the first and then Keith can just copy over to whatever papers he is sent. I dont understand the packet 3 and 4 part and I have researched it but am not good at that. Is there somewhere I can get a copy to look at?

Also does he need a police report? and if so should we try to get that now as I have read it takes 4 weeks or more to get it.. I just want to get it done :)

Thanks

Chelle

Go here for the Police certificate http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp will take approx 10 days to get it.

Check the embassy website here for other documents and how to get any other police certificates (if he needs them) http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/docs169.html

thankyou for this information. I have read it and am now a little confused about the affidavit for support... this is what I read....

Evidence of Support - Any evidence which will show that you and members of your family who will accompany you are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. Note that the petitioner, in family based immigrant visa applications, and employment based immigrant visa applications where a family member has a significant ownership interest, is required to file a contractually binding Affidavit of Support, Form I-864. This requirement does not apply to fiancé(e), Kii or V visa applicants when applying for a fiancé(e), Kii or V visa. However, the petitioner will be required to file an I-864 when the fiancee, Kii, or V visa holder applies for an adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the United States after the marriage ceremony has taken place. Further information for fiancé(e), Kii and V visa applicants. Note: For immigrant visa applicant whose case has been processed through the National Visa Center (NVC) the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, will be sent to the Embassy by the NVC. You are not required to bring a copy of this documemt to the visa interview.

I thought we have to have a sponsor for him? I am probally reading this wrong so please let me know .. thanks

Ignore the part about the I-184, you need the I-134 and supporting documentation instead (which you take to the interview). The details on the page are not specific to the K-1 visa which is irritating but that info coupled with info from this site should give you enough info about what to do next.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Timeline

Thanks

Chelle

Ignore the part about the I-184, you need the I-134 and supporting documentation instead (which you take to the interview). The details on the page are not specific to the K-1 visa which is irritating but that info coupled with info from this site should give you enough info about what to do next.

Ok thankyou I understand now LOL... sorry am a little slow at times and I knew it was a I-134 but when I saw the I-184 it didnt register that it was different ;)

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

Thanks

Chelle

Ok thankyou I understand now LOL... sorry am a little slow at times and I knew it was a I-134 but when I saw the I-184 it didnt register that it was different ;)

I think they deliberatly try to confuse you!

Timeline

Thanks

Chelle

YES lol... Now from what I have read it says passport, divorce papers, 3 pictures , I-134 and birth certificate. I know we have to take proof of relationship so I am working on a scrapbook of everything ( which I am loving ) ... I have read about a packet 3 and a packet 4 and alls I have found on this is that the embassy will mail this to Keith? and the packet 4 is medical date and interview date, Is this correct? also in the packet 3 is there paper work he will have to make out and if so do you know what the questions are on it..

I need to breathe lol , I am so excited and nerveous at the same time.

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

Thanks

Chelle

YES lol... Now from what I have read it says passport, divorce papers, 3 pictures , I-134 and birth certificate. I know we have to take proof of relationship so I am working on a scrapbook of everything ( which I am loving ) ... I have read about a packet 3 and a packet 4 and alls I have found on this is that the embassy will mail this to Keith? and the packet 4 is medical date and interview date, Is this correct? also in the packet 3 is there paper work he will have to make out and if so do you know what the questions are on it..

I need to breathe lol , I am so excited and nerveous at the same time.

Packet 3 and 4 will be mailed to Keith. Packet 3 will basically be the forms (immigration forms and medical questionnaire), and a checklist which is the same to the one you mentioned on the website. They should also give you information on how to book the medical as you have to do that part yourself. Then once you complete the bits it tells you to do in P3 they will issue P4 which is the interview date.

You can find the forms on the embassy site or go to 'Embassy Info' at the top of this page and find UK. that will tell you the forms. Form DS-156 needs to be done online.

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Congratulations Chelle :D !!!!!!!

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Timeline

Ok so I was reading the post this morning and I read one about a girl getting her approval and then just finds out it was a error.. well that got me scared because I havent recieved a email at all so I thought ohh nooo please nooo ;)

I called the number at the next place that was posted on one of the other forums I think it might be NVC sorry I dont know lol but anyways , I had called on monday and the girl said no sorry , wait 3 weeks then call back.. I thought 3 weeks ok.. NOT LOL.. so I called this morning and a nice man answered and he asked me questions and then he said ok what can I do for you and I said you got it and he said no sorry and then he chuckled and he said it was sent to the embassy yesterday :) . he gave me a new number ( case number ) and a phone number to washington Dc so if I have any questions.. Now is there a place where we enter the new case number to watch how it is going like we did with the reciept number... Is it a different website or still uscis?

Thanks guys

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

vent Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OMG I WENT AND CHECKED THE SITE AS I HAD THE TOUCH THIS MORNING AND OMG OMG OMG I AM SHAKING, THIS IS WHAT I SAW

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 20, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ALL SMILES

CHELLE

Congratulations!!!!

good luck to you!!!

09/09/05 we met

19/10/07 we officially got together

23/12/07 we spent 3 months together on the VWP

16/05/08 we spent another 3 months together on the VWP

05/08/08 last time we were together :(

K1 PROCESS

29/10/08 I 129F mailed to California

19/11/08 I 129F received!!!!!! how long?

25/11/08 NOA1 received...woot!

08/01/09 TOUCHED

25/02/09 APPROVED

16/03/09 Packet 3 received

09/06/09 medical

10/06/09 IV 15 Mailed to embassy

16/06/09 packet 3 sent

24/06/09 packet 4 received

07/07/09 INTERVIEW!!!

07/07/09 visa application suspended, needing more documents...ugh!!!

10/07/09 further information couriered back to Embassy

20/7/09 VISA RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!

AOS PROCESS

31/08/09 POE

14/09/09 SSN applied for

19/09/09 SSN card received

21/10/09 WEDDING

02/11/09 Apt at doctors for I693 certification

19/11/09 AOS mailed

23/11/09 AOS received at Chicago

27/11/09 Cheque cashed

01/12/09 NOA1's received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.