Marlita

Twilight...the Saga!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A good friend of mine will let me borrow all the books but I have to wait until she finished it. Yaayyy I am actually thinking of getting my self copies of it and give them to my brother later on hehe...

I have seen the trailer of the movie, and it reminds me of a Swedish film LET THE RIGHT ONE IN... (it's still too early to say this I think...)

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Twilight VJ link.. my daughters pics of Edward from filming

MTV link with my daughter in background.

Sooo getting excited.. we head out to the Mall 8am to start our campout.. Many of you know my daughter Nikki is a extra in the movie..

We will be seeing the midnight showing.. probably wont remember much of the movie since we will be looking for her and her friends in teh scenes. ahah. but will be seeing it a second time Saturday.. .. then we will watch the movie for the movie.. hjahahahah.

Hope you all enjoy.. just keep your eyes out for my daughter.. Cafeteria scenes.. .. she is wearing Pink with white shirt under.. and a pink headband.

Some scenes she is wearing her black Vulcan jacket.. black with yellow hoodie.. ..

tell me if you find her.. .. in the clips from you tube you can see here. at 25 seconds and at 56 seconds.

OHH and Nikkis.. Says... EDWARD.. Rob Pattinson.. .. she says. he smells.. ohh soo nice.. hehehe

I bet he does!! He is awesomeness!!! The premeire was here 2 nights ago and he was there....awesomeness!!

My husband and I are reading the book simultanouesly...from the same book! Its a tad ridiculous but we are both so into it, he cant wait for me to finish it so that he can start...so....we take turns reading....he has til 10:30pm then he has to pass the duchie.....i mean book :whistle: .

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I love the books. I read them under protest over the summer because I was asked to lead the school's book club this year. The kids wanted to discuss the Twilight Series. I thought "oh yay, teenage vampire books...woot" and I ended up LOVING the books!!

My daughter, who is 10 has read the first three and is in the fourth. I debated about letting her read the last book and then decided, what the heck. We have talked about all of them as she has read them and she's doing well with the books.

We are taking a 'field trip' to Forks over Christmas break! Yardie, you should meet us there :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jen :D

That would be awesome! When are you going? Are you going to see the movie? I am headed down your way to Seattle tonight after work to go to a premiere party - near the Columbia area of town...not the best area but I think there will be enough of us that it shouldn't be a problem.

Janet - I know y'all are waiting in line right now but you now for certain that I will be looking for Nikki! If I see her I will be sure to scream extra loud that you hear it in Portland :P

Lita - good luck with the book sharing. I haven't convinced A to read the books yet...too girly :P

Jeffcloe - If you can afford it definitely get your own copies. I know Target had them for pretty reasonable prices. I got all 4 books for about $45...so approx $11 each and 2 were hardcover.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I had no idea there was a popular book series, I thought it was just a movie coming out soon. :blush: I must not have been paying attention. But anyway, I don't think I'd like it, not into vampires hehe. It is exciting though when you read a book that really draws you in.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline

My cousin Jacqui went to see the film. Here is her review, poor thing sounds really upset! :lol:

***SPOILERS INVOLVED BECAUSE I WRITE ABOUT CERTAIN SCENES***

First of all, the movie started at 12:01am, and we got there an hour early to barely find a decent seat lol... Luckily we snagged one next to a young boy looking miserable. Clearly his girlfriend had dragged him to go see this movie too. He was playing his Nintendo DS, and I laughed as I took mine out of my purse to show him and give to Erik. Hey, we had an hour until the movie began, boys have to keep busy somehow for an hour, right? Also, I could count the number of boys in the packed room on one hand, but, that wasn't a surprise.

What WAS a surprise was the movie. I was BEYOND excited to see one of my favorite books on the big screen, and was completely let down. Where do I even begin...

Let's start with the awkward acting. I honestly couldn't tell if this movie was supposed to be a comedy for the strange things they chose to do. Edward's faces in the beginning when he first sees Bella is humorous because he looks soooo...like he's acting. Not natural. He got a bit better as the film went on, but the beginning was ridiculous. Bella on the other hand, never got any better. It was like she could never get a full line out of her mouth. She was always saying, "But...<gasp> ...I mean...<gasp>...you...<gasp>...." You get the idea. Bella and Edward's true love for eachother wasn't displayed well at all. It was as though they fell in love in one day because of the way they rushed this film. To a non-reader (like Erik, my fiance) it would come across like a highschool lust crush rather than this wonderful, involved true, deep, connection that the book portrayed. Now, I know they obviously cant cram every detail from the book to the screen, but this was an area I think they should of concentrated on more.

The strangely-cut scenes and obvious smoldering eye shots one after another made the film both rushed and repetitive. They also really didn't follow the book closely. Sure, the outline was there, but they changed a lot of things and didn't do a lot of other things.

For example:

- The Cullen's house was NOTHING like they decribed in the book. It was SO off, that when they started that scene, I had absolutely no idea what they were doing. They put them in some modern Frank Lloyd Wright style house with windows EVERYWHERE.

- Jacob doesn't even dance with Bella at the end. Instead, they have him POP-IN out of NO WHERE outside, talk to Bella quickly for literally 20 seconds telling her that his dad wanted to relay a message to her that "they'll be watching her", then give Edward the eye as he leaves just as quick as he appeared.

- Edward sparkling was like NOTHING. When he stood in the light and said, "DO YOU SEE WHAT THIS DOES TO ME???" I was squinting, waiting for the sparkles and beams of light, and I literally heard the girl sitting in front of us say, "WHERE???" It just looked like he played with craft supplies. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

- Their first kiss was CUT OUT. The camera panned up and the whole theater was like "#######". Instead, they pretended that their first kiss happened in her bedroom, and that Edward jumped Bella's bones before stopping himself from going too far.

- When Bella first tells Edward he is a Vampire, this conversation happened in a car in the book. The movie had them in a forest. Why would you change something like that?

- The end where Edward attacks James was just kind of weird. Alice jumping on James to snap his neck was comical (probably because of her size lol) and actually, now that I think of it, I don't think Alice even helped kill him in the book. I thought it was just the boys.

lastly (that I can think of right now)

- Bella and her Dad frequently ate at this random restaurant in town, when in the book, Bella cooked for her dad at home almost EVERY night. Why you would change something like that, I have no idea.

Oh, also Stephanie makes an appearance in the Restaurant that Bella and her Dad never went to EVER in the book. Maybe that's why they included it in the movie...ugh.

To me, fans want to see their precious book on screen. If you're going to do it, DON'T CHANGE SO MANY THINGS.

So, what DID I like?

The characters were pretty good besides a few.

Bella - Awful. Needs acting lessons.

Edward - Decent after some time. Mostly awkward. Not NEARLY as much charm as described in the book. Book-Edward much better. He had the right look, but his acting needed to be closer to the book

Alice - Loved her. Exactly how I'd want her

Rosalie - Pretty close to perfect. Her attitude was perfect, but they dressed her in more like...club trashy, rather than expensive taste.

Esme - Well done.

Emmet - perfect. Exactly how I pictured him

Jasper - Also very well done. Awkward, but completely okay for being Jasper

Carlisle - Could have been better. After every line he delivered, it seemed like he was holding back from busting out laughing

Jacob - Alright for his 4 lines. I know he'll appear more in the 2nd one, and I think he'll be okay

Billy - They made him say STUPID lines like "keepin it real" and "da bomb". w.t.f.

Charlie - decent. They made him a tad more protective than the book, but it was alright because it's funny seeing an overprotective dad

Renee - she had like 2 lines, but she was fine. How I pictured her

Jessica - fine

Mike - fine

Angela - fine

Eric - fine

James - well done. creepy enough.

Laurent - fine

Victoria - fine, but they should of made her hair MUCH MORE red/orange. They express the color of her hair so much in the book, you'd think for the movie they would make this easy thing happen.

...I think I got everyone?

Also, I liked the baseball scene. It was just as I pictured it.

I know I'm forgetting things, too (if you can believe it). These are just the things that pop into my head as I write this. Erik and I couldn't stop talking about it afterwards. He knew it was more than just being a bad girly drool film. He never read the book, but he knew the movie was still a let-down.

I was so disappointed. :'(

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Unfortunately I've heard the movie did NOT do the books justice. I'm still going to take Bella and Sean (and his GF) to see it next Wednesday after our 1/2 day.

Jamie, I'm not sure when we're going to go. Maybe the 22nd or the 29th...during the week so hopefully the crowds will be a bit less. I saw in the Seattle PI today how Forks has been completely revitalized as far as tourism and economy go thanks to these books. It's nice to see this having a great economic effect too!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Oh now.. my response to the movie.. haha

firstly.. the movie.. was initially filmed with a extremely low budget.. at the time of filming from what I understand they were not sure what was going to happen.. either a flop or .. major takeoff as it ended up happening.

Nikki and her friend started the line at 8am. .. the theater opened at 930am.. the manager was prewarned of them starting the line.. he got a kick out of it.. they remained there till I finally arrived about 1130am.. next party of people came about 1ish. best part was they were also.. EXTRAs in the movie.. so it added to the excitement.. all the talk of scenes etc.. DSCF3247.jpgabout 5pm we (Extras) went to Suncoast (movie store) talked to the manager.. asked to borrow the Edward cutout.. DSCF3250.jpgpeople came and took pictures.. we decided to do a raffle.. for a buck you could win Edward.. we got enough$$ to go purchase new one.. some happy girl was the winner.. lol.

Movie was great.. .. didnt remember much of the movie.. since we were all looking for people we knew.. . counted seeing Nikki 8 times..

everytime someone saw someone they knew people cheered... whoot..

The following day.. Saturday.. the girls had Tickets to go to New Kids on the Block.. in Tacomma.. .. great concert.. different story.. .. Sunday we as my suprise to them.. we headed to FORKS... my gosh talk of the squeels from the girls.. haha

from tacoma.we went across the narrows.. headed towards port angeles.. from there head 101 maybe another hour and half or so.. tada.. you are there..

s677261975_1569651_185.jpgNikki in sheer excitement on the drive there...

when you enter Forks.. park.. walk the town.. oh just one real main street.. look for the sign.s677261975_1575293_2335.jpg town sign ..

at main street flashing light go east towards citi hall. just past city hall is a bed and breakfast... Cullen house.. from the book. . s677261975_1575452_2376.jpg Mail box of Cullen house (book)

s677261975_1575475_9282.jpg on the poarch.. the BnB owners make a post of the daily activity.. make sure you go check it out..

Look for signs for the Hospital.. s677261975_1575528_9264.jpg in the parking lot you can see Carlisle Cullens space. haha

Across the street from teh high school is a small stationary store.. go in there.. get a map she has for all the things to see..

Best of all have fun..

Nikki got word.. Filming starts March.. and from what we understand.. they will be trying to use as many of the same extras.. so fingers crossed.. she will get to be in Movie 2...

whoot.. ..

n677261975_1577105_7734-1.jpg

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Twilight had their shooting near at my husband's place in washington It's a 40 mins away from their house. I wanna visit and let me see some foot steps of the celeb especially Edward.... Aaw!

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived