larrysgirl

Can someone sort me out?

16 posts in this topic

We finally received our NOA1 after waiting for weeks. The letter has also asked my US fiance to wait for a scheduled biometrics date. I thought that once we sent in the petition that the US citizen part was on hiatus until I received my packet 3. Is this normal or is this part of this "imbra" thing? Also, can someone direct me to where I can find a breakdown of what actually happens at each stage of the game? Thanks!

***I-751 Journey***

01-02-2009 Mailed in I-751 application

01-12-2009 Temporary resident status extended for one year

02-03-2009 Biometrics appointment

scheduled biometrics date .........Thats interesting.......That could very well be IMBRA and that could very well put some light on what it is that is going to be requested from USC petitioners until the new I-129F is in effect. Hmmmmmmmm. Another member was just saying to me in a PM that maybe for now it was going to require K visa petitioners to go to local office to complete the requirements for IMBRA.

Hey shonnie.....you may not be crazy afterall ;)

Also, can someone direct me to where I can find a breakdown of what actually happens at each stage of the game? Thanks!
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline
scheduled biometrics date .........Thats interesting.......That could very well be IMBRA and that could very well put some light on what it is that is going to be requested from USC petitioners until the new I-129F is in effect. Hmmmmmmmm. Another member was just saying to me in a PM that maybe for now it was going to require K visa petitioners to go to local office to complete the requirements for IMBRA.

Also, can someone direct me to where I can find a breakdown of what actually happens at each stage of the game? Thanks!
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow

:lol:

dayum - Just when I was convinced I was crazy.. :lol:

shon.gif

does it not say that on the bottom of the NOA1 anyways, well mine does, and i was before the 6th May?

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

does it not say that on the bottom of the NOA1 anyways, well mine does, and i was before the 6th May?

the op is asking about her US fiance being scheduled for a biometrics date. Is that on the bottom of NOA's. I would of thought it would be the foreign fiance if that is written on the NOA

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

NOA1

Do you having something like this?

If this is for an I-485, or I-698 application

USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with specific time, date...

It is printed on my NOA1 too... this is nothing to do with IMBRA.

I suppose that is a general statement for I-485, or I-698 application.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Wendy

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow

:lol:

dayum - Just when I was convinced I was crazy.. :lol:

You are crazy after all shonnie :yes::P

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Thanks for the input everyone, but just to clear things up this has appeared on an NOA1 receipt for a K1 that was received only a few days ago. What the!!

Yes it would be great to hear from others who recently received their NOA1.

***I-751 Journey***

01-02-2009 Mailed in I-751 application

01-12-2009 Temporary resident status extended for one year

02-03-2009 Biometrics appointment

Filed: Timeline

Things are clear. That appears on the bottom of everyone's NOA1. It's on mine too. But it only applies to I-485 and I-698. They use the same NOA form and template for all such applications.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Things are clear. That appears on the bottom of everyone's NOA1. It's on mine too. But it only applies to I-485 and I-698. They use the same NOA form and template for all such applications.

YES!! Thats what i meant! lol

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

A member on CFL just got the Biometrics notice on their NOA1 for a K-1 petition as well.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=18504

Looks like USCIS has made a decision on how to comply with the IMBRA and we may have a new step in the process.

-- K1 Timeline --

12-06-2004.... I-129F to NSC

09-29-2005.....Interview

11-19-2005.....Filed for AOS to Chicago

06-22-2006.....Green Card Arrived

02-16-2008.....Mailed I-751 to remove conditions to NSC

02-18-2008.....I-751 delivered by USPS

02-19-2008.....I-751 receipt date

02-22-2008.....Check cleared bank

02-25-2008.....I-797 mailed from CSC

02-27-2008.....I-797 received from CSC

03-18-2008.....Biometrics

07-17-2008.....10 year Green Card received

--------------------

-- K2 Timeline -- Follow-to-Join

02-18-2006.....Mailed request for GZ to begin processing K-2 for son (included complete P3 info)

05-23-2006.....Original Interview Date - Rescheduled by request

06-29-2006.....Interview Date - Approved

08-25-2006.....AOS application sent

01-27-2007.....Green Card Arrived

05-10-2007.....Adoption complete

07-01-2008.....US Citizen (Child Citizenship Act)

08-19-2008.....US Passport Issue Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A member on CFL just got the Biometrics notice on their NOA1 for a K-1 petition as well.

Looks like USCIS has made a decision on how to comply with the IMBRA and we may have a new step in the process.

Huh? Did you read the above in this thread?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Huh? Did you read the above in this thread?

Absolutely I read that, but that is based on what has been in the past and makes no concession for a change in the process. Also, remember it is an opinion only, just like mine.

What we do know at this moment is that the Biometrics notice has not shown up on the K-1 NOA1 receipt before and the odds are this is not by accident.

With the IMBRA just coming into play we are going to see some changes for K-1 processing and that will all be determined by how USCIS decides to do things.

Collecting Biometrics from the USC does provide them with an easier method to validate the information concerning criminal history since they have that system in place now and I expect them to take the easy way out on meeting what they interpret as their responsiblity.

The only thing we can do is wait to see how it all plays out, but this sure does look like a change is coming quickly.

-- K1 Timeline --

12-06-2004.... I-129F to NSC

09-29-2005.....Interview

11-19-2005.....Filed for AOS to Chicago

06-22-2006.....Green Card Arrived

02-16-2008.....Mailed I-751 to remove conditions to NSC

02-18-2008.....I-751 delivered by USPS

02-19-2008.....I-751 receipt date

02-22-2008.....Check cleared bank

02-25-2008.....I-797 mailed from CSC

02-27-2008.....I-797 received from CSC

03-18-2008.....Biometrics

07-17-2008.....10 year Green Card received

--------------------

-- K2 Timeline -- Follow-to-Join

02-18-2006.....Mailed request for GZ to begin processing K-2 for son (included complete P3 info)

05-23-2006.....Original Interview Date - Rescheduled by request

06-29-2006.....Interview Date - Approved

08-25-2006.....AOS application sent

01-27-2007.....Green Card Arrived

05-10-2007.....Adoption complete

07-01-2008.....US Citizen (Child Citizenship Act)

08-19-2008.....US Passport Issue Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.