nanny

AOS interview canceled by USCIS!!!!

51 posts in this topic

we received notice of interview cancellation a month before our supposed interview. i scheduled an infopass and was told that the local office doesn't have our papers yet. weeks after, we received a new interview schedule. :)

better schedule an infopass and get the name of the immigration officer you'll be talking with. so just in case, things didn't go as expected you can tell the immigration all the things that you made. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

We went to our original AOS interview appt yesterday. The guy at the parking lot told us that if we are here for USCIS, they closed early but if we had an interview appt then they will let us in. We went in, we saw that they were decorating their office for christmas party!! We showed our appt letter, they said they will take it to a supervisor to talk to us. The Branch Cheif came out and stated that they checked in the system, our appointment is descheduled. We should expect a letter from USCIS )Vermont office) advising us of that. She said even if she wanted to interviw us, our file was not there, it has not been transferred to the local office yet.

So i dont know if it was the xmass party that caused all this or that the file is stuck somewhere...

If any of you guys went to the original AOS interview appt that was cancelled, please post your experience and feedback.

Thanks,

Nanny

I'm sorry your interview date got push back.

Guess things like this happen during the holidays, specially with government agencies.

Your tax dollar at work. =(

i'm going to my originally scheduled interview date on the 20th of January and will let you know then this is the first i've seen of someone going and getting turned away. all the best

Hi all,

We went to our original AOS interview appt yesterday. The guy at the parking lot told us that if we are here for USCIS, they closed early but if we had an interview appt then they will let us in. We went in, we saw that they were decorating their office for christmas party!! We showed our appt letter, they said they will take it to a supervisor to talk to us. The Branch Cheif came out and stated that they checked in the system, our appointment is descheduled. We should expect a letter from USCIS )Vermont office) advising us of that. She said even if she wanted to interviw us, our file was not there, it has not been transferred to the local office yet.

So i dont know if it was the xmass party that caused all this or that the file is stuck somewhere...

If any of you guys went to the original AOS interview appt that was cancelled, please post your experience and feedback.

Thanks,

Nanny

Guess things like this happen during the holidays, specially with government agencies.

i'm going to my originally scheduled interview date on the 20th of January and will let you know then this is the first i've seen of someone going and getting turned away. all the best

Hi everybody,

today we got a voicemail according to which our scheduled interview on January 22nd was canceled and we will be receiving a notification in the mail. :angry: Our interview was scheduled next week and they are informing us by phone??? ten days before that the interview is canceled without any explanations!!!We are so upset we can't describe it! We are thinking about going to the interview anyway to prevent a possible denial as it happened to other people.

Atxmrt have you received anything in the mail about the rescheduling of your interview in the meantime and are you still thinking about going to the original interview ?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks,

Nanny

Hi everybody,

today we got a voicemail according to which our scheduled interview on January 22nd was canceled and we will be receiving a notification in the mail. :angry: Our interview was scheduled next week and they are informing us by phone??? ten days before that the interview is canceled without any explanations!!!We are so upset we can't describe it! We are thinking about going to the interview anyway to prevent a possible denial as it happened to other people.

Atxmrt have you received anything in the mail about the rescheduling of your interview in the meantime and are you still thinking about going to the original interview ?

Thanks

Just received a letter today 8 days before original date that it has been rescheduled for the 11th of Feb. We will still be attending original date though as i'm not risking them turning round and denying me for not showing up to interview....

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hello July filers and VJ'rs

We had the AOS interview yesterday 1/22/09. We arrived early, the interviewer (officer) took us in 30 minutes after our appt time, which is typical. She was very nice and asked very basic questions, asked for some sort of joint accounts (most current statements) since we have sent with our application some of them but by now they were old. She took one picture from our many photo albums that we took for the file. We took 4 bagpapck full of documents and photo albums. :thumbs:

The officer took the travel document and work permit from us, checked the passport and our Driver license. She asked me (USC) most of the questions and my wife very little. Finally, she gave us a peice of paper to check the information if it is all correct. My eyes could only look and see the word approved nothing else but my wife on the other hand said, the spelling of her name was wrong which the officer corrected it.

At the end, she printed what she gave us earlier to check on an official USCIS letterhead and said congratulations, ,you are approved and will get your 10 year GC (since you guys are married for more than 4 years now) in one week to 10 days. The paper she gave us states; do not travel outside US, if you do then you need to make an infopass to get preapproval. That is requried if the GC did not arrive and we needed to travel, otherwise it is not needed. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Good luck to all of you who are waiting... and thanks to all who supported us by answering questions and advice. Keep hope alive.

Nanny

Congratulations!! Glad to see you were approved on the second interview trip.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

We had the AOS interview yesterday 1/22/09. We arrived early, the interviewer (officer) took us in 30 minutes after our appt time, which is typical. She was very nice and asked very basic questions, asked for some sort of joint accounts (most current statements) since we have sent with our application some of them but by now they were old. She took one picture from our many photo albums that we took for the file. We took 4 bagpapck full of documents and photo albums. :thumbs:

The officer took the travel document and work permit from us, checked the passport and our Driver license. She asked me (USC) most of the questions and my wife very little. Finally, she gave us a peice of paper to check the information if it is all correct. My eyes could only look and see the word approved nothing else but my wife on the other hand said, the spelling of her name was wrong which the officer corrected it.

At the end, she printed what she gave us earlier to check on an official USCIS letterhead and said congratulations, ,you are approved and will get your 10 year GC (since you guys are married for more than 4 years now) in one week to 10 days. The paper she gave us states; do not travel outside US, if you do then you need to make an infopass to get preapproval. That is requried if the GC did not arrive and we needed to travel, otherwise it is not needed. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Good luck to all of you who are waiting... and thanks to all who supported us by answering questions and advice. Keep hope alive.

Nanny

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Nanny

Nanny

I am happy for you! God bless.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello nanny!

I just want to let you know that I had my interview this morning and I got my conditional green card. The interviewer verified our information and she asked us only three questions " where, when and how my wife and I met/ She also asked to see our pictures that she liked a lot" The interview took less than 20 min.

I wish you success in your interview.

Good day all,

I have a bit of bad news and wouldl ike to know if any of you guys here on VJ have experienced it. :help:

My wife and I filed her AOS application on 7/16/08, recieved her EAD and AP in September 2008. We recieved a NOA dated 10/27/2008 advising us that there is an interview set up for us on 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm. Up until here is all dandy. TODAY 11/17/08 we recieved another NOA from USCIS advising us as following:

" This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any future action taken on this case including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice"

Well, I have already asked my job to take off that day. My wife who has been staying home for the last four and a hallf years at home, because we could not file her papers until I becamse a citizen in June of this year, finally she got her work permit and found a job in this economy. She told the employer she will not accept the job offer if they will not let gher off on 12/18/08 for her green card interview which they agreed. Keep in mind the job has not started yet, she will start training on 12/8/2008. In this economy, it is hard to find a job let alone having to accept a job and insist on taking off before even taking the job offer, and get away with it is incredible. Keep all this in mind and accept what USCIS is telling you (We regret any inconvenience this may cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My question for the VJ friends is: Did anyone go through similar situation? Scheduled for an interview and been canceled by USCIS (Due to unforseen circumstances)..... anyone has been rescheduled for another interview after being canceled?

Thank you in advance,

Hello nanny!

I just want to let you know that I had my interview this morning and I got my conditional green card. The interviewer verified our information and she asked us only three questions " where, when and how my wife and I met/ She also asked to see our pictures that she liked a lot" The interview took less than 20 min.

I wish you success in your interview.

Hi Moon65,

Thanks for your update. I have posted my updates a couple of days ago. We had our interview on 1/22/09 and the interviewer was nice but took us in 30 min past our appt time. Since we have been married for more than 4 years, then she approved us for 10 year Green card. She asked me the USC most of the questions, took only one pic from many photo albums we took. She took a couple of most recent bills, since the ones we have sent originally was old by now. She told us we will get the GC in 7 to 10 days.

Good luck to everyone, will have to work on citizenship in 2 years and 9months...

Nanny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends ,

I have the following updates regarding my case. I recieved the Green Card in the mail on 2/4/2009 :dance::dance::dance: .... yay. We are happy and looking forward to travel to my family after a long wait of more than 4 years. We will file for Citizenship in 2 years and 9 months according to the IO, since we have been married for more than 4 years now .

Good luck kto everyone on their upcoming interview and those who are still waiting for their interview letters...

Nanny

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

going for rescheduled interview today

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I also got a letter today stating that my interview scheduled for 08/31/09 had been cancelled. I recently moved from TX to GA and I am wondering if that has anything to do with that. The original interview would have taken place at the Houston Office. I am still tempted to show up anyway but that's a long way to go and hear them say that I would wait for another date.

PS: I did change my address with CIS prior to getting the interview notice and got change of address confirmation letter from MSC however the cancellation notice was sent to my old address and then was forwarded by the post office. Isn't that reason enough to show up anyway? I need several opinions on this pls.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since you have such a big distance change in offices and you are uncertain whether or not the file has transferred yet - and the interview in Houston has been cancelled - instead of going all the way to Houston and find out it is indeed cancelled, I would make an Infopass appointment at the Atlanta USCIS and ask them to see what is going on. It seems reasonable to assume that the interview would be moved as well, but it is dangerous to assume with USCIS so I would definitely make that appointment. You can make the appointment at http://www.uscis.gov , select 'Schedule an appointment' in the right hand list and then follow the directions. The Atlanta USCIS is located at 2150 Parklane Drive off of LaVista drive very close to exit 37 on I-285e. It is quite easy to find.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: P-2 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

My situation was a little different. We moved to another state just a couple of weeks before my interview (last monday).. When I called the uscis to change the address i was told i shouldn't go to the interview because they won't interview with me.. but we went to NY for the interview.. The interviewer said technically i should be interviewed in NH where we moved but since we were there he would interview with me.. I am so happy did the right thing..I was approved and my GC will be in the mail in a few weeks..

Good luck!

"The truth is, you never know how strong your relationship is until it's tested. All too often, the stress of a crisis can pull a couple apart. But when you do make it through in one piece, you might just find yourselves tighter than ever."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.