nanny

AOS interview canceled by USCIS!!!!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear friends,

I think we should go to the original interview anyway. The problem is that USCIS has different departments and they do not coordinate very well between each other. When UCSIS people cancel interviews, they notify the applicants ONLY and not the interviewing offices. When people do not show up, the interviewing offices think that the applicants abandoned their applications... In this case, the applicant should contact the USCIC again and explain the problem to reschedule another interview.

I don’t think that the interviewing offices are aware of the cancellations. Just go to the interview and hopefully everything will be fine.

All the best

Dear friends,

I think we should go to the original interview anyway. The problem is that USCIS has different departments and they do not coordinate very well between each other. When UCSIS people cancel interviews, they notify the applicants ONLY and not the interviewing offices. When people do not show up, the interviewing offices think that the applicants abandoned their applications... In this case, the applicant should contact the USCIC again and explain the problem to reschedule another interview.

I don’t think that the interviewing offices are aware of the cancellations. Just go to the interview and hopefully everything will be fine.

All the best

Nanny and myself have the same problem and we are in different states TX and DC. What about you AnnLee? I just want to know if this issue is all over the US or just TX and DC.

Thanks

Expect the same issue everywhere.

Filed: Timeline

Will someone with the same experience who attended their original scheduled interview please give us some advice. Thanks!

Nanny and myself have the same problem and we are in different states TX and DC. What about you AnnLee? I just want to know if this issue is all over the US or just TX and DC.

Thanks

Expect the same issue everywhere.

Filed: Other Timeline

Good day all,

I agree with AnnLee that if someone has attended their original scheduled interview to please post your experience and provide us with some insight as to how the USCIS treat similar cases at different local offices. With that we can argue with them regarding our cases. :help:

I forgot to mention that when I called the Customer Service number for USCIS, the lady appologized and stated that it does not show in their system that my appointment is cancelled. I thought the letter came from the local office but that is not the case either. The envelope has the National Benefits Center logo on it... I guess the USCIS has a chronic disability eversince they were established to make our lives as miserable otherwise what would you call this. There are many cases that has been approved and have the GC is their hands eventhough they have applied long after our case. I am happy for them but would like similar outcome with regard to my application as well.......

I guess I am just venting... keep this thread alive and please update it with your experience if you have gone through similar situation. :unsure:

God bless

Timeline

Hello nanny!

Today, I received a new notice from USCIS. My AOS intrerview was rescheduled for January 27, 2009.

What about you? Any news to share? Th problem is that on January 27, 2009, I will be overseas. I have to call USCIS to give another date and hopefully it will be soon.

Good day all,

I have a bit of bad news and wouldl ike to know if any of you guys here on VJ have experienced it. :help:

My wife and I filed her AOS application on 7/16/08, recieved her EAD and AP in September 2008. We recieved a NOA dated 10/27/2008 advising us that there is an interview set up for us on 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm. Up until here is all dandy. TODAY 11/17/08 we recieved another NOA from USCIS advising us as following:

" This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any future action taken on this case including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice"

Well, I have already asked my job to take off that day. My wife who has been staying home for the last four and a hallf years at home, because we could not file her papers until I becamse a citizen in June of this year, finally she got her work permit and found a job in this economy. She told the employer she will not accept the job offer if they will not let gher off on 12/18/08 for her green card interview which they agreed. Keep in mind the job has not started yet, she will start training on 12/8/2008. In this economy, it is hard to find a job let alone having to accept a job and insist on taking off before even taking the job offer, and get away with it is incredible. Keep all this in mind and accept what USCIS is telling you (We regret any inconvenience this may cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My question for the VJ friends is: Did anyone go through similar situation? Scheduled for an interview and been canceled by USCIS (Due to unforseen circumstances)..... anyone has been rescheduled for another interview after being canceled?

Thank you in advance,

Hello nanny!

Today, I received a new notice from USCIS. My AOS intrerview was rescheduled for January 27, 2009.

What about you? Any news to share? Th problem is that on January 27, 2009, I will be overseas. I have to call USCIS to give another date and hopefully it will be soon.

Good day all,

I have a bit of bad news and wouldl ike to know if any of you guys here on VJ have experienced it. :help:

My wife and I filed her AOS application on 7/16/08, recieved her EAD and AP in September 2008. We recieved a NOA dated 10/27/2008 advising us that there is an interview set up for us on 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm. Up until here is all dandy. TODAY 11/17/08 we recieved another NOA from USCIS advising us as following:

" This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled the previously scheduled interview on Thursday, 12/18/2008 at 1:00pm for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. You will be notified of any future action taken on this case including any rescheduled interview information, under seperate notice"

Well, I have already asked my job to take off that day. My wife who has been staying home for the last four and a hallf years at home, because we could not file her papers until I becamse a citizen in June of this year, finally she got her work permit and found a job in this economy. She told the employer she will not accept the job offer if they will not let gher off on 12/18/08 for her green card interview which they agreed. Keep in mind the job has not started yet, she will start training on 12/8/2008. In this economy, it is hard to find a job let alone having to accept a job and insist on taking off before even taking the job offer, and get away with it is incredible. Keep all this in mind and accept what USCIS is telling you (We regret any inconvenience this may cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My question for the VJ friends is: Did anyone go through similar situation? Scheduled for an interview and been canceled by USCIS (Due to unforseen circumstances)..... anyone has been rescheduled for another interview after being canceled?

Thank you in advance,

What a coincedent... We have recieved a letter from USCIS advising us to go for an interview on January 22, 2009. I think it is great but I am still thinking to go to the original appointment date on 12/18/2008. I am not sure if it is a good idea though. What about you, are you going to go to your original scheduled appointment or not?

Can you not go overseas, may be change the flight and pay the penalty to the airline instead of giving the USCIS any excuses to delay your green card... that is just a thought.

Of course, I would love to hear from you and anyone who went through similar situation. I will post any new development, and oh by the way, the USCIS website shows that our case still at NBC and still pending. No updates since August 5, 2008.

Good luck to you and all of us going through this journey... and happy belated Thanksgiving.

Nanny

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

my interview was cancelled today also, even if they send me a new appointment i will be going to the original..

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

Timeline

I am still going to my original interview. Regarding my trip overseas, I think I am going to pay extra money and postpone it. I don't want to take the risk to reschedule my interview. It might take longer and I might be denied for no reason.

Thanks fro you advice and good luck with your interview.

All the best.

Hi everyone,

I am in a similar situation. I received a NOA in mid Nov. to appear for an interview in end of December 2008. But just a week later I got another NOA telling me that my interview has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Can you please tell me the time line for your new interview appointments and if other people are in a similar situation. How long does it take for a new interview call. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I am in a similar situation. I received a NOA in mid Nov. to appear for an interview in end of December 2008. But just a week later I got another NOA telling me that my interview has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Can you please tell me the time line for your new interview appointments and if other people are in a similar situation. How long does it take for a new interview call. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

Goto your original appointment even if you receive a new appointment date. It's not worth your application being denied for missing your interview even though you have proof to show it was cancelled.

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

9783.gif

The original OP asked for advise, and it seems like there are a lot of others all over the country experiencing the same situation. I've been on VJ for 2 1/2 years, and this is not something new at all. This happens, and while those that responded to requests for information and guidance may not have been in the exact situation, please know that we responded to these questions as to our experience here on VJ and reading others in the same situations.

Unless you're out of the country, and even then we tell people that unless it's dire circumstances to just be there for the interview, there is no real reason why you should miss the one that was cancelled. Yes, it takes time away from work for your spouse perhaps, yes, it means you have to travel to the appointment and put gas in your car, but honestly, it's not worth the risk. If they say at the appointment that you should just come to the other appointment than do so. Otherwise, you might just have your interview, and then your GC will be on it's way (hopefully!).

Don't even think about it, just do it!

Also,please let us know what your experiences are, so that when others ask this same question, we can tell them what we've read from YOUR experience.

No one might respond to this thread that this happened to because they might not be posting on VJ any longer, or they haven't seen this thread.

All the best to all of you who this has happened to!

carlahmsb4.gif

Has anyone else received the unforseen circumstances cancellation notice.

If they have what is the time frame for a rescheduled notice or you are still waiting.

Also can you please tell us what happened if someone has gone to their original scheduled appointment inspite of getting a cancellation notice.

Timeline
Has anyone else received the unforseen circumstances cancellation notice.

If they have what is the time frame for a rescheduled notice or you are still waiting.

Also can you please tell us what happened if someone has gone to their original scheduled appointment inspite of getting a cancellation notice.

i still haven't received a new date. i'm going to attend original even if a new one does arrive.

9783.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We went to our original AOS interview appt yesterday. The guy at the parking lot told us that if we are here for USCIS, they closed early but if we had an interview appt then they will let us in. We went in, we saw that they were decorating their office for christmas party!! We showed our appt letter, they said they will take it to a supervisor to talk to us. The Branch Cheif came out and stated that they checked in the system, our appointment is descheduled. We should expect a letter from USCIS )Vermont office) advising us of that. She said even if she wanted to interviw us, our file was not there, it has not been transferred to the local office yet.

So i dont know if it was the xmass party that caused all this or that the file is stuck somewhere...

If any of you guys went to the original AOS interview appt that was cancelled, please post your experience and feedback.

Thanks,

Nanny

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Hi all,

We went to our original AOS interview appt yesterday. The guy at the parking lot told us that if we are here for USCIS, they closed early but if we had an interview appt then they will let us in. We went in, we saw that they were decorating their office for christmas party!! We showed our appt letter, they said they will take it to a supervisor to talk to us. The Branch Cheif came out and stated that they checked in the system, our appointment is descheduled. We should expect a letter from USCIS )Vermont office) advising us of that. She said even if she wanted to interviw us, our file was not there, it has not been transferred to the local office yet.

So i dont know if it was the xmass party that caused all this or that the file is stuck somewhere...

If any of you guys went to the original AOS interview appt that was cancelled, please post your experience and feedback.

Thanks,

Nanny

I'm sorry your interview date got push back.

Guess things like this happen during the holidays, specially with government agencies.

Your tax dollar at work. =(

AOS Timeline (from F-1)

12/30/08 Mailed AOS/I-130/EAD packet to Chicago

12/31/08 USPS reports package delivered at 11:08AM, signed by JB

01/07/09 Check for I-485 cashed

01/07/09 I-485, I-130, EAD touched

01/08/09 Checks for Biometrics and I-130 cashed

01/10/09 NOA1 for I-485, I-130 and EAD received (NOAs dated: 01/06/09)

01/14/09 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 01/09/2009. Appointment date 01/23/2009 (DAY 15)

01/20/09 Biometrics completed. (Walk-in)

01/21/09 Touch (I-485/I-130/EAD)

03/20/09 Received Interview notification for May 6th (NOA2 dated: 03/13/09)

05/06/09 Interview **Approved**

Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks,

Nanny

I'm sorry your interview date got push back.

Guess things like this happen during the holidays, specially with government agencies.

Your tax dollar at work. =(

i'm going to my originally scheduled interview date on the 20th of January and will let you know then this is the first i've seen of someone going and getting turned away. all the best

9783.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.