Amastar

Driving in America

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So my wife has been here almost a month and for the past couple of weeks Ive been teaching her how to drive. Just going to empty parking lots and having her drive around and park. Stuff like that. But I really would love to find something in Japanese so that she can understand the laws a little better and be prepared for when she actually goes to take the driving test.

She understand english and can read signs and stuff but still I think it would be benificial if she could fully understand what the law is.

Anyone have any experience finding driving lessons in another language?

I looked online but Im not having any luck.

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

We had similar issues. In addition to Washington, try the DMV for states with large metropolitan areas, DC, NY, etc. Be very careful when your wife is using books from different states. Sometimes the rules may be slightly different and sometimes there are some subjects/special traffic that are not covered (turn arounds, contraflow).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So my wife has been here almost a month and for the past couple of weeks Ive been teaching her how to drive. Just going to empty parking lots and having her drive around and park. Stuff like that. But I really would love to find something in Japanese so that she can understand the laws a little better and be prepared for when she actually goes to take the driving test.

She understand english and can read signs and stuff but still I think it would be benificial if she could fully understand what the law is.

Anyone have any experience finding driving lessons in another language?

I looked online but Im not having any luck.

You can call your local DMV office to find out if they have a Driver's License Manual in Japanese.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
google is your friend

http://www.dol.wa.gov/jn/

This is perfect! Thank you.

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.