rk17

waiting period of annulment before filing a k1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:help:

its been 4 months since i filled for an annulment (NOT OPPOSED FOR SURE) but i dont really have an idea how long it would take and how long do i have to wait till my fiance could file a petition for me,do we have to wait for a certain time period? or could he just file it as soon as the annulment is granted??? :help: good luck to all of us!!!

its been 4 months since i filled for an annulment (NOT OPPOSED FOR SURE) but i dont really have an idea how long it would take and how long do i have to wait till my fiance could file a petition for me,do we have to wait for a certain time period? or could he just file it as soon as the annulment is granted??? :help: good luck to all of us!!!

A K-1 visa process can begin as soon as you are eligible. Some may suggest you wait awhile, others may not. Either way, when you are single, you are eligible to file (or be filed for).

do not file the 129f until after the annullment was been granted. both parties must be free to marry at the time the 129f is filed.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

As everyone has said, you must wait until you are eligible until you apply. USCIS will send back your application if you're not eligible, so it's best to wait.

Maybe some more people from the Philippines will reply to this thread if you post something specifically in their forum if you're looking at a timeline as to when they will approve the annulment. I've seen on VJ where for some it takes 6 months, for others over a year.

Hope your case moves swiftly!

carlahmsb4.gif

• 1 month later...

I cannot understand your timeline. You posted this topic on November 16, 2008 but you have entries for December 2008 already. Is it a typo error?

If you could correct them, I can give you tips on how to expedite your annulment.

i have some friends here in vj who have undergone annulment and got here in the US without hitches and i can refer one to you if you wanna ask about the annulment timeframes in the Phils..

im not sure if they have a waiting period in PI after the annulment...goodluck...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.