ktindi

Had the interview, documents requested

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all

My husband had his interview and they sent him away wanting more documents. The letter for his interview stated that all "original" police certificates were in their posession, but the interviewer stated it was missing. So, ok, he can get a new one in Istanbul for that time period. The interviewer also requested affidavit of support (I-864)(notarized I-134) we must have an original document. we cannot accept faxes or photocopy. I had sent the original of my I 864EZ with our I 130 application with all supporting financial documents. He took photocopies of all that with him to the interview.

So my question is ... Do I fill out a new I 864EZ and have it notorized with all my financial proofs and then Fed Ex to him to forward on to the Embassy in Ankara? I do qualify for the EZ form. Or is the interviewer wanting different forms than I had originally submitted? I have a new letter from my employer stating how long I've been employed and my annual salary. I am way above the guidelines.

They have everything they could possibly need. All copies of my plane tickets, hotels, etc.

The interviewer is also asking that I photocopy all stamps in my passport, proving that I was in Turkey.

I'm so confused and we just want this whole thing over. I cannot believe how frustrating this all is.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? I want to be sure I am sending the right documents.

Katie & Ferhat

didn't end up happily ever after. Affair, lies, all of it. divorcing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hello all

My husband had his interview and they sent him away wanting more documents. The letter for his interview stated that all "original" police certificates were in their posession, but the interviewer stated it was missing. So, ok, he can get a new one in Istanbul for that time period. The interviewer also requested affidavit of support (I-864)(notarized I-134) we must have an original document. we cannot accept faxes or photocopy. I had sent the original of my I 864EZ with our I 130 application with all supporting financial documents. He took photocopies of all that with him to the interview.

So my question is ... Do I fill out a new I 864EZ and have it notorized with all my financial proofs and then Fed Ex to him to forward on to the Embassy in Ankara? I do qualify for the EZ form. Or is the interviewer wanting different forms than I had originally submitted? I have a new letter from my employer stating how long I've been employed and my annual salary. I am way above the guidelines.

They have everything they could possibly need. All copies of my plane tickets, hotels, etc.

The interviewer is also asking that I photocopy all stamps in my passport, proving that I was in Turkey.

I'm so confused and we just want this whole thing over. I cannot believe how frustrating this all is.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me? I want to be sure I am sending the right documents.

For starters... As long as you meet the requirements for the I 864EZ then yes, fill out another one- get it notarized, and send with your proofs like you said. That is the easiest way to get them an original- if they don't have it and things haven't changed it shouldn't be that hard(WISH I COULD HAVE FILLED OUT THE EZ FORM!) Also send in the letter from your employer.. Its a good idea!

You should have photo copied your whole passport for the original paperwork anyways, but since they don't seem to have it- get it to them!

I don't remember the I-134- I believe it was with your original submission to the USCIS? Crazy that so much is missing and you already sent it- I made copies of EVERYTHING and enclosed them with our final posting so that the originals can be returned to my husband upon interview! Good luck and God speed! I hope it all goes a lil smoother for you from here! I can't imagine waiting all that time for an interview and then leaving empty handed! inshAllah it will not happen to us!-- I thought I was nervous before!!! Now its getting worse! AHHHHH! OK- hope that this all helped. I have not been there and hope not to be, but This is what I would do in your situation!--Talk to you later!-Amy

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

Timeline

Thank you Amy,

That's my plan so far. I too took photo copies of the passport and they should have it. But alas, they don't. My husband took copies of everything with him (expect my passport) to the interview. The interviewer said "no photocopies" ... even when the letter for his interview stated that they have the originals. Again, they don't.

Thank you for replying Amy. It helps just to have a couple of words with someone who knows what I'm talking about.

Good luck to you!

Katie

Hello all

Katie & Ferhat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Didn't the NVC forward the orginal I-864 and I-134 with your packet to the embassy?

Do we have to fill another one out? This would be the third one that I would fill out if that was the case. Not that I really mind, if it would prevent further waiting. It just seems strange that the NVC would be asking for this material and make sure that they have everything to then go to the interview and for them to request more stuff that the NVC should have sent to the embassy in the first place.

Can anyone shed some light?

Timeline

Yes can anyone shed some light? I went through all my papers tonight, I have the copy of the I 864, all my tax returns, a letter from my employer and the receipt for payment for submitting the affidavit. You would think that all that information would have been transferred with the application and other documents to the embassy in Ankara.

Apparently through negligence or some other sort of happening, those documents went missing.

So I filled out another I 864EZ, copied all my tax returns, copied my original employer letter. Filled out a I134 and will have it notorized tomorrow, copied one years worth of bank statements showing all deposits into my account. Copied all of my passort stamps showing when I was in Turkey (although I have already done this with my original application). Plus I have an updated employer letter with current income that I will have notorized tomorrow as well.

I hope and pray this satisfies the interviewer.

Katie

Didn't the NVC forward the orginal I-864 and I-134 with your packet to the embassy?

Do we have to fill another one out? This would be the third one that I would fill out if that was the case. Not that I really mind, if it would prevent further waiting. It just seems strange that the NVC would be asking for this material and make sure that they have everything to then go to the interview and for them to request more stuff that the NVC should have sent to the embassy in the first place.

Katie & Ferhat

Timeline
Yes can anyone shed some light? I went through all my papers tonight, I have the copy of the I 864, all my tax returns, a letter from my employer and the receipt for payment for submitting the affidavit. You would think that all that information would have been transferred with the application and other documents to the embassy in Ankara.

Apparently through negligence or some other sort of happening, those documents went missing.

So I filled out another I 864EZ, copied all my tax returns, copied my original employer letter. Filled out a I134 and will have it notorized tomorrow, copied one years worth of bank statements showing all deposits into my account. Copied all of my passort stamps showing when I was in Turkey (although I have already done this with my original application). Plus I have an updated employer letter with current income that I will have notorized tomorrow as well.

I hope and pray this satisfies the interviewer.

Katie

Oh, well, thanks for the input on your experience. It is just another thing that I am going to do for the (just in case they ask for stuff) interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

actually, some CO's just "say" things are missing when they really are not.

They sometimes do this to test the individuals to see if the person immigrating will just give up.

If they come back with the requested info (even though it may have been there the whole time), then they will grant the visa with no more questions.

Its just their tactics.

This happened to me. They asked for the I-864 again, said my co-sponsors info was COMPLETELY missing (though when I called by phone i inadvertently heard info that was only on the co-sponsors form...their income amount), also they said we were missing the medical...though that was the only thing my husband really brought with him by hand.

So, don't give up, its just a test.

This time we are throwing MASSIVE amounts of paperwork at them. hahaha

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Timeline

They sometimes do this to test the individuals to see if the person immigrating will just give up.

If they come back with the requested info (even though it may have been there the whole time), then they will grant the visa with no more questions.

Its just their tactics.

This happened to me. They asked for the I-864 again, said my co-sponsors info was COMPLETELY missing (though when I called by phone i inadvertently heard info that was only on the co-sponsors form...their income amount), also they said we were missing the medical...though that was the only thing my husband really brought with him by hand.

What happens if they request things and you have them with you? Do they still reschedule or did they ask for it at the interview?

Timeline

Its just their tactics.

What happens if they request things and you have them with you? Do they still reschedule or did they ask for it at the interview?

Well, the interviewer requested a few documents and proofs, some of which my husband had with him at that time. But because he didn't have 100% of what she wanted, she refused to take what he had. She told him when he got the other documents she requested to send everything in one package. So, he returned to Istanbul with the documents he took with him and no visa.

I Fedex'd the documents she wanted from me, the next day and the day my husband received them he put in an envelope and sent them to the Embassy in Ankara UPS. The Embassy should have received it yesterday (Friday Nov 21).

I hope in some way I helped with your last question ..

Katie

Katie & Ferhat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi dear

The CO is asking for the Affidavit of support I-134 notorized you check the link for more information

www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf. You can't norotize the I-864 or I-864 EZ because those are to autorize the USCIS OR NVC to check on your records. Definatly your husband should take the original of the I-134 notorized and the I-864EZ or whatever you sent to NVC before.

You need a passport entry stamps . Let me know if you have a ny questions

good luck with everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.