12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

I'd lie to know if all the INS fees are tax deductible...........Like Aos fees and so on.

Thanks for any replies

Natasha

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm pretty sure they're not...I wish they were though...but wishing never put money in my pocket :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

TRUST ME....NO!

Sure as heck wish they were!!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Probably not AOS, but EAD filing fees and travel costs (e.g. to biometric appointments) might be deductible

as business expenses since they are spent in pursuit of legal authorization to generate taxable income.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Probably not AOS, but EAD filing fees and travel costs (e.g. to biometric appointments) might be deductible

as business expenses since they are spent in pursuit of legal authorization to generate taxable income.

If you read Schedule A for itemized deductions - you will see that your business expenses (non compensated) must exceed 2% of your AGI - this makes them useless for most people (my business expenses will have to exceed $11,000 for me to deduct the next dollar - not going to be ever for me.)

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oops - it should be $1100. But then it must be added to other deductions to come up with more than $10,000 in deductions - otherwise you just take the std. deduction of $10,000.

Oops - it should be $1100. But then it must be added to other deductions to come up with more than $10,000 in deductions - otherwise you just take the std. deduction of $10,000.

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Any fees associated with USCIS is not tax deductable

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
mawilson,

I think it works the other way around - unless something is said, in the tax code, to be deductable, it isn't.

Yodrak

Ha ha Yodrak. Have you actually read the Internal Revenue Code in its entirety to make a blanket

statement like that?

Things that are not ordinarily tax-deductible are deductible under the right circumstances. Even fun and

entertainment - dinners at expensive restaurants, theatre, movies and sporting events.

But I bet you already knew that.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

mawilson,

Don't need to read the tax code to make the statement I did - that's why I worded it that way instead of addressing the question in the way that you asked it.

So, show us what the right circumstances are for deducting USCIS fees.

Yodrak

mawilson,

I think it works the other way around - unless something is said, in the tax code, to be deductable, it isn't.

Yodrak

Ha ha Yodrak. Have you actually read the Internal Revenue Code in its entirety to make a blanket

statement like that?

Things that are not ordinarily tax-deductible are deductible under the right circumstances. Even fun and

entertainment - dinners at expensive restaurants, theatre, movies and sporting events.

But I bet you already knew that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.