86 posts in this topic

Brad & Vika:

I am curious about a few things, Since the time of the first post, when did she leave the apartment, and what did the OP decided to do?

I am also curious if she did get on the plane?

Thanks,

Dale

Dale - Her plane was due to leave today, and he was going to the airport to see if she actually left, but I haven't heard anything. I am a little hazy on the dates, but she spent several weeks away, and I think the trip may have been extended until a day or two ago. He was ready to go ahead and marry her until the end - hoping she would come to her senses at some point after that. I think he felt like he had so much invested at that point there was no stopping it. She apparently disagreed - and he dodged a bullet IMO. He also gave me a good bit of personal detail that I won't relate here - but I hope he does at some point. We have heard all of this enough times that we know there are others out there experiencing some version of what he went through.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick note to say that she did actually get on the plane. No explanation to her sponsor at all apparently, not even a thank you.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Amazing story.. I haven't commented on it earlier but from time to time I read it and was amazed every time I read it..

Anyways, Noll, if you read this.. I am sorry it went like this and I wish you all the luck in the future. Remember that even being 45 does not rule you out, my dad was 56 when he met my mother at the time and I do believe they had (he passed away a couple of years ago due to old age) a very strong and firm relationship and marriage..

In life, anything is possible.. don't give up!

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
He was ready to go ahead and marry her until the end - hoping she would come to her senses at some point after that. I think he felt like he had so much invested at that point there was no stopping it. She apparently disagreed - and he dodged a bullet IMO. He also gave me a good bit of personal detail that I won't relate here - but I hope he does at some point. We have heard all of this enough times that we know there are others out there experiencing some version of what he went through.

Thanks for updating us on what happened. I'm sure we all feel for the OP, and I agree that he dodged a bullet. All we can do now is wish him the best and hope that his story helps other people.

I just read through his earlier posts, and a red flag was there right from the beginning. From his first post: "I am trying to find people who have been denied fiancé visas due to insufficient communication exchange. My biggest concern is frequency of communication exchange from my girl and more specifically, e-mail (or lack thereof)." And in the same thread: "The problem is, I can't get my girl to write e-mail more than once a month, if I am lucky."

Of course there are other forms of communication, but it sounds like communicating was a problem even a year ago. My impression from reading other people's stories here is that it's common (typical?) for couples who are separated to communicate daily, often more than once a day if circumstances permit. (Not everyone has a computer or access to an affordable LD phone plan, I know.) OTOH, in stories I've read here about relationships that didn't make it to marriage, one of the red flags was less interest in communicating by one party.

We all learn from hindsight, and I'm sorry that the OP had to go through such a difficult time with this. But I'm relieved that they didn't get married.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Anyways, Noll, if you read this.. I am sorry it went like this and I wish you all the luck in the future. Remember that even being 45 does not rule you out, my dad was 56 when he met my mother at the time and I do believe they had (he passed away a couple of years ago due to old age) a very strong and firm relationship and marriage..

In life, anything is possible.. don't give up!

Life begins at...40? 50? 60? New phases of our lives can start at any time.

My husband and I (married for over a year now) are in our 40s and 50s. We agree that if we'd met earlier in life, we probably wouldn't have connected because we were in different places in our lives then. We met at the right time for us. And there are other VJ couples in their 40s or older too.

Not that your next relationship will necessarily be a VJ-type one, but the point is that you aren't too old for a real relationship to happen.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

DON'T MARRY.

Since the relationship is not bona fide now, what makes you think the marriage will be bona fide? That's the test to get her the LPR.

Take care.

12/17/08.........Married

7/28/08..........I130, I485, I765 Receipt Date

7/31/08.......... I130, I485, I765 Notice Date

8/20/08.......... Biometrics for EAD and 485

11/25/08.........AOS Interview in Tampa, FL

1/12/09...........USCIS mailed Notice of Intent to Deny. Evidence: Conflicting statements made by USC spouse at the interview to proof to officer that the marriage was bona fide.

March 2009......Received Denial Notice of I-130 and 485.

DON'T MARRY.

Since the relationship is not bona fide now, what makes you think the marriage will be bona fide? That's the test to get her the LPR.

Take care.

As she left the country, there is no chance of that. Good thing too.

What were her reasons for coming over to begin with? Does she feel deceived at all?

It didn't sound like that to me - maybe the OP will address it if he returns.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Vanee:

Alyona and I met Oct 2 2007. There has never been a day where we have not spoke for at least 1 hour. On week ends we would spend 8 - 10 hours speaking via skype. We both wanted each other to be a part of the others lives every day.

I was also in a short term relationship that did not work out, It was night and day difference on her part. Alyona I could call at any time and she was very happy to hear from me, even if I woke her up.

So I would say lack of communication or rather not wanting to communicate show a lack of interest, and hence a huge red flag.

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think regular, lengthy conversations while apart (and when awaiting the visa) are a norm for couples who are serious. It is by no means a guarantee of a successful relationship, but it speaks volumes to intent. If you're just another fish on the hook then communication with you is an investment of resources that the other person might not want to commit, since they likely have many other men to converse with. But when it's serious and real, communication is what you both live for - it's all you have, after all. This isn't to say that some cons aren't more skillfully executed than others and caution is always warranted until you are personally convinced. What this requires is different for us all, and volumes have been dedicated to this topic here on VJ and elsewhere.

Sincere good-luck wishes are for the OP and please don't let a bad experience put you off entirely. There are real women out there, who want what you want.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Vanee:

Alyona and I met Oct 2 2007. There has never been a day where we have not spoke for at least 1 hour. On week ends we would spend 8 - 10 hours speaking via skype. We both wanted each other to be a part of the others lives every day.

I was also in a short term relationship that did not work out, It was night and day difference on her part. Alyona I could call at any time and she was very happy to hear from me, even if I woke her up.

So I would say lack of communication or rather not wanting to communicate show a lack of interest, and hence a huge red flag.

I agree - Viktoria and I talk nearly every day, in addition to text and email daily. I cannot imagine going a day without hearing from her. We share details of our day, opinions, plans, etc. The exchange definitely helps us to feel close despite the miles.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.