Eshansmommy

Package ready to be send....

9 posts in this topic

Hey!

I want to thank everyone who has helped me with the billions of questions I have posted in the last month.

I have my package ready to be send.

And I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

I have ONE big envelope, in this one envelope, I made 3 small packages, hold together by paperclips.

Package 1: cover letter, money order, I-130 & attachments

Package 2: cover letter, money order, I-485 & attachments

Package 3: cover letter, Work Employment Application & attachments.

Are the paperclips enough, or should I buy smaller envelopes and put the 3 packages in a seperate envelope and then the 3 envelopes in one big envelope?

I plan on going to the local post office here and send it out as PRIOR. If I send it through United States Post Office, is there a way to track the package or to get a receipt as soon as it arrives there? And how much did you pay to send it out the way you did? Just want to be prepared for when I go to the post office tomorrow or the day after.

My timeline:

11-20-2008: AOS (I-485 & I-130) Package sent.

11-24-2008: Package received at 1.36pm and signed by JCHYBA.

12-04-2008: AOS Check was cashed!

12-05-2008: I-130 Money Order was cashed!

12-08-2008: Received my 3 NOA's and letter for biometrics

12-19-2008: Received RFE and another letter for biometrics

12-22-2008: Sent response to RFE back

12-26-2008: Biometrics appointment! -canceled due to holidays-

01-02-2009: Response to RFE received and case is resumed

01-13-2009: Second biometrics appointment - DONE YAY!

01-26-2009: APPROVAL of EAD!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-04-2009: Received EAD card in mail and applied for SSN - Picked up SSN day after!

02-06-2009: Passed written test, got driver's permit!

02-10-2009: Received my SSC

03-20-2009: Interview! - RFE

04-14-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-02-2009: Received our 3rd RFE.

05-11-2009: Brought the requested document to the immigration office.

05-27-2009: Received green card YAY Thank you God

04-04-2011: Sent in I-751 Removal of conditions

07-08-2011: Approved!

07-14-2011: Received Permanent Resident Card! WHOOOOO HOOOO we are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you GOD!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey!

I want to thank everyone who has helped me with the billions of questions I have posted in the last month.

I have my package ready to be send.

And I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

I have ONE big envelope, in this one envelope, I made 3 small packages, hold together by paperclips.

Package 1: cover letter, money order, I-130 & attachments

Package 2: cover letter, money order, I-485 & attachments

Package 3: cover letter, Work Employment Application & attachments.

Are the paperclips enough, or should I buy smaller envelopes and put the 3 packages in a seperate envelope and then the 3 envelopes in one big envelope?

I plan on going to the local post office here and send it out as PRIOR. If I send it through United States Post Office, is there a way to track the package or to get a receipt as soon as it arrives there? And how much did you pay to send it out the way you did? Just want to be prepared for when I go to the post office tomorrow or the day after.

Paperclips are enough, that's how I sent them and that was ok with USCIS. Be sure to mail the package with return receipt requested /delivery confirmation. Send via USPS. I don't remember how much I paid. The only advice I would give is to send checks instead of money orders since it's easier to track when it gets cashed.

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

I send it via Fedex. I don't remember how much I paid but I guess it was about $8

I put everything in a folder and each document in a sleeve. I had 4 (I didn't aplly for AP) sections.

I also had a cover letter for the whole folder and one for each section.

e.g.

Section 1

Petition for Alien Relative:

- I-130 ( $355 check attached with a paper clip)

- G-325A

- required documents

Section 2

Application to Adjust to Permanent Resident:

- I-485 ($930 check and $80)

- I-693

- I-864

- required documents

Section 3

Application for Employment Authorization:

- I-765

- required documents

Section 4

Application for Travel Document:

- I-131

- required documents

Section 5

- bonafide documents

Edited by Gina-S

ROC - approved 08/2011

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Yes, paper clips would be enough. Do not use envelop to make them do more work to take out your documents!

I would suggest you to put the I-485 on the top, since that is the main thing and the I-131 and I-765 at the bottom. For the filling fee, I use checks since it is easier to track. I sent through USPS Express Mail flat rate envelop, cost $16 (arrive the office in 2 business days and can track delivery information online) You can also sent through USPS Priority Mail, cost about $10 with delivery confirmation. Or you can even paid extra for a return receipt. If you want to save $, see if you can stuff your package inside the Priority flat rate envelop cost like $5.

***Make sure you have all documents ready, like 2 passport photos on EACH application (total 6 and label them at the back), medical exam in sealed envelop, bonafide documents...etc

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Yes, paper clips would be enough. Do not use envelop to make them do more work to take out your documents!

I would suggest you to put the I-485 on the top, since that is the main thing and the I-131 and I-765 at the bottom. For the filling fee, I use checks since it is easier to track. I sent through USPS Express Mail flat rate envelop, cost $16 (arrive the office in 2 business days and can track delivery information online) You can also sent through USPS Priority Mail, cost about $10 with delivery confirmation. Or you can even paid extra for a return receipt. If you want to save $, see if you can stuff your package inside the Priority flat rate envelop cost like $5.

***Make sure you have all documents ready, like 2 passport photos on EACH application (total 6 and label them at the back), medical exam in sealed envelop, bonafide documents...etc

when you say make sure you have all documents and photos ect ... should you send that with the packet ? or if they ask ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

when you say make sure you have all documents and photos ect ... should you send that with the packet ? or if they ask ?

sorry what i am asking is other then needed documents im lost on what else t send for bonifide info? everythig or jus some things ?

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

The reason I mentioned "make sure to check you have all documents ready", just to remind you to double check since you do not want to have a RFE. Some didn't know they need 6 photos total or they need to do medical exam kind thing.......etc.......for the bonafide info, just send everything you have, send more info doesn't hurt. Since I do not have any joint property, or insurance, I only attached joint bank statement, credit card info, and some photos.

Good Luck all the way!

sorry what i am asking is other then needed documents im lost on what else t send for bonifide info? everythig or jus some things ?

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

The reason I mentioned "make sure to check you have all documents ready", just to remind you to double check since you do not want to have a RFE. Some didn't know they need 6 photos total or they need to do medical exam kind thing.......etc.......for the bonafide info, just send everything you have, send more info doesn't hurt. Since I do not have any joint property, or insurance, I only attached joint bank statement, credit card info, and some photos.

Good Luck all the way!

I have a stupid question..

What kind of evidence of the bonafided marriage do they need. I mean, i dont have US SSN so we dont have joint bank account and im not mentioned in the apartments lease papers. Could this be a problem? I mean, to include me in his insurance plans etc. i should have a SSN, right?

Urgent replies needed, since we are sending the paperwork out tomorrow and now i really got worried if we have everything we need :blush::unsure:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It depends on the bank if you need a SS, ask and see what they say.

Other things that could be used as proof would be pictures of the two of you together, letters/e-mails, christmas cards (or any other holiday/occasion such as your wedding) that were addressed to both of you would be good proof too...anything really that proves you have had an ongoing relationship/marriage.

AOS:

11/07/2008: Filled AOS @ Chicago Lock box

11/11/2008: Received @ Lockbox

11/18/2008: NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765

12/08/2008: Biomtrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.