LiszyandKenny

Top Chef new season

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Some people shouldn't open a thread until they have seen the most recent episode...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites are Eugene, Jaime and Stephan. I wasn't a fan of the Italian guy but I liked him better after this episode.

That was pretty cute when he was all befuddled saying he didn't understand why they didn't like his dish and Padma told him "we loved it!" and he said "ov course! zat iz why I make it for U!"

I was happy to see that girl go last night. She thought she could use an exotic ingredient and that it would be enough to impress. What you use is only half the battle, if you get an ostrich egg and have no idea what to do with it chances are it will not impress. She didn't get it. I'm glad she's gone. There's another random lady who seems a little blah that I'm hoping will go soon too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, thanks guys I feel better now. I *was* right, as usual. :P

No more spoilers!

Where are the prizes for the elimination challenges? I thought they always won some kind of prize, or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Maybe it's only sometimes.

Jenn, you are so right! I was like "Oh, where is his prize"? LOL

Sister Fracas; LOL ! She admitted she was terrible at dessert and then goes and joins their team ! That is what she gets

Sister Fracas; LOL ! She admitted she was terrible at dessert and then goes and joins thier team ! That is what she gets

Edited by Steph0814

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Sister Fracas; LOL ! She admitted she was terrible at dessert and then goes and joins their team ! That is what she gets

Sister Fracas; LOL ! She admitted she was terrible at dessert and then goes and joins thier team ! That is what she gets

I thought that too. Why would you say you were terrible at dessert then join the dessert team?! I was also surprised at how many people wanted to do dessert. Isn't that the category all the chefs usually run from?

If I remember correctly I think the prizes come after they stop giving immunity for the quick fires...but I could be wrong.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If I remember correctly I think the prizes come after they stop giving immunity for the quick fires...but I could be wrong.

That is what I was thinking as well but couldn't find anywhere that confirmed it for sure.

So what do you all think of Padma (the host)? What about Tom Colicchio (the head judge)?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

That is what I was thinking as well but couldn't find anywhere that confirmed it for sure.

So what do you all think of Padma (the host)? What about Tom Colicchio (the head judge)?

I don't think they did prizes last season either. maybe they just don't have the same sponsorship?

As for padma, she bugs the sh!t ouuta me. And Tom is pompous! But I still LOVE the show!

And yes, Jenn! *was* right!

:P

I don't think they did prizes last season either. maybe they just don't have the same sponsorship?

As for padma, she bugs the sh!t ouuta me. And Tom is pompous! But I still LOVE the show!

Tom is pompus and I could take him or leave him as a judge. I love Padma though. I don't think they could find a better host. I saw reruns from the first season and the woman they had as host was awful. Bad delivery, bad timing, didn't connect with the contestants and I'm not sure she knew anything about food. Padma is the sh!t.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tom is pompus and I could take him or leave him as a judge. I love Padma though. I don't think they could find a better host. I saw reruns from the first season and the woman they had as host was awful. Bad delivery, bad timing, didn't connect with the contestants and I'm not sure she knew anything about food. Padma is the sh!t.

ITA. I (L) Padma.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I like both judges. Their attitudes are typical of the upscale foodie snob types in NYC. Tom is a good chef and I think he seems like a nice person.

I lke all of the judges... especially when Ted Allen sits in to judge.

HEY... have any of you seen promos for the new show to start in January on the Food Network called "Chopped"? Looks like a similar format to Top Chef. I'll watch it... LOL

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
i prefer Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares over Hell's Kitchen.. he doesn't scream as much :P

although the American version of Kitchen Nightmares sucks compared to the UK version :P

Yep, I agree. I watch both. At least Ramsey is the real deal, and knows how to run both a kitchen and a restaurant! :thumbs: I'd love to spend some time with him in a kitchen, but I sure wouldn't want him yelling at me! :blush:

ITA. I (L) Padma.

Padma is HOT!!! ;):D:thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago