Chica Yeyé

Letters to HAL9000

446 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You're welcome Susita.

Keep in mind that you'll absorb the nutrients much more through your food and that the pills are merely 'extra.' Or that's the idea. I know good food is much more expensive (and not eligible for FSA coverage)... but its better on you in the long haul.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Due to my prolonged absence from VJ-

HAL 9000 writes to you :o to get brought up to speed with the chatter in OT.

Lengthy, incongruous, and run-on replies are welcomed, but not favored.

Edited by HAL 9000

Filed: Timeline

The Owner's manual for my 1999 C2500 Classic states that, if I remove the pick-up box, and install an utility bed, certain modifications will have to be made, and I should contact the GM Zone Office. Could you check your data banks, and see if you have that information stored somewhere?

OKTHNXBAI

ETA: Or, I could just ask Smoke.

Edited by ##########

Timeline

I'll be game for one good question from Bill.

There are several mechanical modifications that should improve the aerodynamic performance of the vehicle to prevent excessive drag on the liner. But HAL 9000 believes that in addition to these mods, the addition of a antenna array with solar-powered cells would allow Bill to access VJ from the calm and soothing hills surrounding his friendly home.

At this point HAL 9000 takes leave of OT in favor of a warm summer evening with subintoxicating volumes of ethyl alcohol in the company of Mrs HAL 9000.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear HAL,

Why do you suppose there are people who consider themselves reasonably intelligent and learned, who deny the irrefutable evidence of science as in the Theory of Global Warming? Could they be missing a chromosome or perhaps a vitamin deficiency?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Dear H9G,

My daughter insists on ordering the new Iphone4, even though Steve Jobs has stated that there is a true problem with the reception capabilities of the antennae, and suggests a 'rubber band' fix to improve reception.

My question is three-fold,

1) Scientfically speaking, can the 'rubber band' truly improve reception?

2) Is Job's statement that the dropping of the signal is a 'fact of life'.

3) Is my daughter blind to blitz of marketing, and buying a product with a true engineering fault?

Thank you for your input.

Bishop.

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Dear HAL,

Why do you suppose there are people who consider themselves reasonably intelligent and learned, who deny the irrefutable evidence of science as in the Theory of Global Warming? Could they be missing a chromosome or perhaps a vitamin deficiency?

:rolleyes:

hey HAL long time no see. welcome back.

I could just ask Smoke.

yah you've got some work to do. you'll need a fuel tank filler & fuel tank vent relocation kit, a wiring kit for the tail lights & trailer light hook ups (if you want to keep it operational), if your trucks GWV is 8600 or lower you need some overload springs to handle the extra weight. i say kits because they'll come with plugin harnesses, you really don't want to splice that stuff. if you do splice...weather pack the hell out of the connections. if you don't have any luck with getting the parts from the box manufacturers,(KUV, knapheide, workhorse, etc.) wrecker supply or medium duty truck conversion companies are your best bet.

*keep a list of all part numbers & where you bought them for future reference*

7yqZWFL.jpg

hey HAL long time no see. welcome back.

yah you've got some work to do. you'll need a fuel tank filler & fuel tank vent relocation kit, a wiring kit for the tail lights & trailer light hook ups (if you want to keep it operational), if your trucks GWV is 8600 or lower you need some overload springs to handle the extra weight. i say kits because they'll come with plugin harnesses, you really don't want to splice that stuff. if you do splice...weather pack the hell out of the connections. if you don't have any luck with getting the parts from the box manufacturers,(KUV, knapheide, workhorse, etc.) wrecker supply or medium duty truck conversion companies are your best bet.

*keep a list of all part numbers & where you bought them for future reference*

So, it's just a filler neck, some hoses, and a wiring harness? No problem. The truck already has the big brakes, so GVW is not a problem, except on uneven roads, when my head bounces off the headliner. :lol: A little more weight should improve the ride.

The wiring harness I can get from a wrecking yard. I was planning that to keep the connections simple. I would think as long as I keep the filler and vent airtight, then it won't generate an evaporation error. I have the filler from the old truck (86 Chevy), and I just have to use the new cap and some longer hoses. I hate to buy stuff from GM, since the parts are so overpriced!

the GVW rating is more than just the brakes, the weight support of the springs comes into play before the shocks & rear suspension do. you don't want the back end squating. it puts your drivetrain under constant stress (u-joint, transmission, rear end yoke & seal failures) it will also shread any rubber body & suspension mounts repeatedly until you make the upgrades. + you'll feel like you're driving up hill all the time & look a little less than bright....do not half azz this conversion, you will regret it. you can buy it all aftermarket. seriously, keep a list of every mod you do & part numbers. you might need it & if you ever sell the truck the buyer will be greatful.

eta: i think we should get out of HAL's advice thread w/ this...pm me if you want/need to.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow it's been awhile since the real HAL was here!

Been a while since Len was here too....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.