Kevin&Leilei

November '08 K-1 Filers

927 posts in this topic

We had decided to just have Dora come over here and wait out the 6 months on her VWP Portuguese passport (some Chinese residents of Macau have Portuguese passports due to Macau's previous colony status. But if that could raise a red flag, or delay the AP should she come here? I search all over VJ and every other post seems to disagree about VWP visits causing problems with the K1 process, or possible rejection at immigration POE when she tries to visit.

Sorry Jeremy, but from my reading here on VJ I have garnered a sense that.... whilst VWP is perfectly valid for a visit during the process (providing the user can prove ties to his/her home country), now she has been unsuccessful at her interview and put into AP, they are unlikely to let her in to the country at the risk of her entering with the intent to immigrate. As a VWP holder you are still asked to fill out a form on the plane which asks whether you have ever had a visa denied. What would dora write??? Her being on AP will most likely be on the immigration information systems.

Should she try and enter and be denied, I dont believe there would be any repercussions on your current AP situation, but she would have to be completely honest about her reason for entering the US. If Dora was at all tempted to be untruthful to get past immigration and this was discovered......this WOULD have an impact on your current petition. Misrepresentation to the immigration authorities can subsequently lead to the denial of a visa and have an impact on any future visa's you apply for.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
We had decided to just have Dora come over here and wait out the 6 months on her VWP Portuguese passport (some Chinese residents of Macau have Portuguese passports due to Macau's previous colony status. But if that could raise a red flag, or delay the AP should she come here? I search all over VJ and every other post seems to disagree about VWP visits causing problems with the K1 process, or possible rejection at immigration POE when she tries to visit.

Sorry Jeremy, but from my reading here on VJ I have garnered a sense that.... whilst VWP is perfectly valid for a visit during the process (providing the user can prove ties to his/her home country), now she has been unsuccessful at her interview and put into AP, they are unlikely to let her in to the country at the risk of her entering with the intent to immigrate. As a VWP holder you are still asked to fill out a form on the plane which asks whether you have ever had a visa denied. What would dora write??? Her being on AP will most likely be on the immigration information systems.

Should she try and enter and be denied, I dont believe there would be any repercussions on your current AP situation, but she would have to be completely honest about her reason for entering the US. If Dora was at all tempted to be untruthful to get past immigration and this was discovered......this WOULD have an impact on your current petition. Misrepresentation to the immigration authorities can subsequently lead to the denial of a visa and have an impact on any future visa's you apply for.

OK, you are right, thanks for the straight answer. I was too emotional before, but what you wrote helps me to realize that seeing each other short term is not worth risking the overall process. We will return to email and Skype for now, and cross our fingers that AP is not so long. I will love the day I wake up out of this nightmare, and can start living a normal life again.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Hong Kong, China

Fiancé Hometown: Macau

12/01/2007: First met on a blind date at the Federal Dim Sum in Macau

02/06/2008: Engaged!

11/09/2008: Move back to USA from Macau after job transfer

11/19/2008: I-129F Sent

11/21/2008: I-129F NOA1

02/01/2009: Dora 90 day visa waiver expired, she returned to Macau to wait K1

03/27/2009: I-129F NOA2 Email

04/02/2009: I-129F NOA2 Letter in my mailbox

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

04/08/2009: Consulate Received

04/16/2009: Packet 3 Received

06/22/2009: Interview

07/07/2009: Placed in Administrative Processing at Hong Kong Embassy

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

**/**/****: US Entry

**/**/****: Marriage

OK, you are right, thanks for the straight answer. I was too emotional before, but what you wrote helps me to realize that seeing each other short term is not worth risking the overall process. We will return to email and Skype for now, and cross our fingers that AP is not so long. I will love the day I wake up out of this nightmare, and can start living a normal life again.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( I really hope they can sort this as soon as possible. I just wanted to add that, whilst embassy's are processing additional information supplied to them, they say you are in AP. It's like a catch all phrase that is used and not necessarily something to be feared.

I hope this is over for you and Dora so soon.

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Finally got my NOA2. woohooooooooooo.

After the RFE, I waited the 60 days w/o any reply, then submitted a Service Request and within 5-10 days, i received an e-mail saying my NOA2 is on its way and that I should follow instructions that are written on it.

I-129: December'08

NAO1: December'08

RFE: April'09

NAO2-email: July'09

NA02-HardCopy: July'09

NVC->Embassy: July'09

Packet 3:July'09

Interview: september 17

Visa on hand: October 9

-_-

Arrival to US:

Filing for GC: November'09

GC on hand: March'10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After the RFE, I waited the 60 days w/o any reply, then submitted a Service Request and within 5-10 days, i received an e-mail saying my NOA2 is on its way and that I should follow instructions that are written on it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Timeline

Congrats! That is a great day when the NOA2 arrives! :dance:

K-1 Visa

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

Timeline

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( I really hope they can sort this as soon as possible. I just wanted to add that, whilst embassy's are processing additional information supplied to them, they say you are in AP. It's like a catch all phrase that is used and not necessarily something to be feared.

Ellie-and-David,

Interesting to read the exact wording of the letter that states we are in adminstrative processing, you are right, it basically says thay are holding our app until Dora provides some Macau immigration records. The strange thing is they say they need the immigration papers for Lou Sio To (dora) and for Gary Souders. Gary Souders is my father's name, not mine!! That is strange.

So we are off to get Macau immigration records, a 10-15 day wait on those, then submit them to the embassy. Maybe this AP is not the black hole I first thought?

Here is a rough re-type of the letter from the embassy:

"this is office is unable to issue an immigrant visa to you because you

have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following

sections of the united states immigration and national act:

1) your case has been suspended under section 221(G) of the united

stated immigration and national act, pending the receipt and review of

the information and documents listed below:

enter and exit record from Macau immigration authoities for LOU, Sio

To and Gary Souders,

your cas has been suspended under section 221(G) of the immigration

and National act, pending additianl proccessing. We will contact you

should additional information be required or when the processing is

complete.

No further action is necessary on you part. If you wish to inquire

about the status of your case, please use the inquiry form on our

website at http:/.hongkong.usconsulate.gov.

you or comeone desingated by you can submit all document exactly as

requested to the Visa information unit's outside window at the

consulate general way working day, form 3pm until 4pm. no appointment

necessary.please remember to bring a copy of this letter.

please do not drop your passport at the us consulate when u submit ur documents."

Jeremy

K-1 Visa

Ellie-and-David,

Interesting to read the exact wording of the letter that states we are in adminstrative processing, you are right, it basically says thay are holding our app until Dora provides some Macau immigration records. The strange thing is they say they need the immigration papers for Lou Sio To (dora) and for Gary Souders. Gary Souders is my father's name, not mine!! That is strange.

So we are off to get Macau immigration records, a 10-15 day wait on those, then submit them to the embassy. Maybe this AP is not the black hole I first thought?

Here is a rough re-type of the letter from the embassy:

"this is office is unable to issue an immigrant visa to you because you

have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following

sections of the united states immigration and national act:

1) your case has been suspended under section 221(G) of the united

stated immigration and national act, pending the receipt and review of

the information and documents listed below:

enter and exit record from Macau immigration authoities for LOU, Sio

To and Gary Souders,

your cas has been suspended under section 221(G) of the immigration

and National act, pending additianl proccessing. We will contact you

should additional information be required or when the processing is

complete.

No further action is necessary on you part. If you wish to inquire

about the status of your case, please use the inquiry form on our

website at http:/.hongkong.usconsulate.gov.

you or comeone desingated by you can submit all document exactly as

requested to the Visa information unit's outside window at the

consulate general way working day, form 3pm until 4pm. no appointment

necessary.please remember to bring a copy of this letter.

please do not drop your passport at the us consulate when u submit ur documents."

Jeremy

Okay, that is really strange. Is the request for info for your dad a misread on their part? Comply with what you can, but make sure you chase them up on them asking for your fathers information. How strange!

Yeah AP is a catch all. From what I can gather the biggest thing to fear is a name check, something that usually happens to males from muslim country's - although even that back log has been reduced.

Hang in there, give them what they ask for, question what you think is a mistake on their part.

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

I just wanted to pop my head in and say best of luck to Kevin and Jenn and Nick for Thursday.

I wont be around on VJ for a short time, as I am leaving on Thursday and have a few things to do before we get married and embark on the nightmare that is AOS.

I'm excited.....but mostly really scared...but excited again too!! :D

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just wanted to pop my head in and say best of luck to Kevin and Jenn and Nick for Thursday.

I wont be around on VJ for a short time, as I am leaving on Thursday and have a few things to do before we get married and embark on the nightmare that is AOS.

I'm excited.....but mostly really scared...but excited again too!! :D

Have a safe flight & best wishes with the marriage!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Where are all the November folks? It has gotten so quiet around here, everyone out getting married?

Kevin,

Maybe we need a list to track who has made it all the way in to the USA, like we had for when we were all waiting on the NOA2?

I have to get on here and post, as the black hole of AP is really getting me down, there is no way to gauge progress, and no estimated dates!

Ahhhh! :wacko:

K-1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Well guys, I'm headed off for China again tomorrow. I'm going to help my fiancee fill out her forms, then next week we're flying to Guangzhou together for her interview. Hopefully all will be well, and she'll be back here with me within a month. (insert crossed fingers emoticon here)

Hi Kevin,

I met you yesterday at the gate of Guangzhou consulate! I am approved! Good luck to you and Leilei, she share your photos with me b4 the interview, haha!

03/05/2008 --first met Vincent occasionally at Jones' dinner party

**/07/2008 -- He confessed his love to me~

10/12/2008 -- 2nd met at Phuket Island,Thailand and have our engagement

11/6/2008 --Application Received at NSC

11/15/2008 --Recieved NOA1(reciept)

02/08/2009 -- 3rd met in Guangzhou,he came back with his mom visited my parents

02/24/2009 -- NOA2 notice sent by vsc

05/15/2009 -- Packet 3

05/17/2009 -- guangzhou consulate received my forms

06/10/2009 -- Packet 4

07/16/2009 -- Approved!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey there everyone,

We are still around and still waiting for an appointment date. We've had some hold ups with getting our papers to the messenger service and getting the final police clearance papers, but all looks good now, and we should be able to send them off on Saturday. After that, we should find out in about 10 days when our appointment will be. I am biting my nails at this point and just hope that everything will come together before i have to go back to work at the end of August so I can get there and help him move here!!! Congrats out there to everyone, and I hope the interviews today were excellent!

Where are all the November folks? It has gotten so quiet around here, everyone out getting married?

Kevin,

Maybe we need a list to track who has made it all the way in to the USA, like we had for when we were all waiting on the NOA2?

I have to get on here and post, as the black hole of AP is really getting me down, there is no way to gauge progress, and no estimated dates!

Ahhhh! :wacko:

We're set for 10 years!!

Timeline
Hey there everyone,

We are still around and still waiting for an appointment date. We've had some hold ups with getting our papers to the messenger service and getting the final police clearance papers, but all looks good now, and we should be able to send them off on Saturday. After that, we should find out in about 10 days when our appointment will be. I am biting my nails at this point and just hope that everything will come together before i have to go back to work at the end of August so I can get there and help him move here!!! Congrats out there to everyone, and I hope the interviews today were excellent!

Hope you get a fast interview date! :thumbs:

Almost there now, seems that police clearance is a pain for many people.

K-1 Visa

Hi guys!

Arrived in Florida yesterday. Was processed really really quickly and was kissing my fiance about 30 mins after I landed. I walked in the door of my apartment and fell in love with it.

Hot and steamy greetings from Florida!

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.