Kevin&Leilei

November '08 K-1 Filers

927 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This process is so disheartening! We still don't even have a touch on our case and VSC seems to be approving January filers now. It seems we are never going to get our approval... :(

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
This process is so disheartening! We still don't even have a touch on our case and VSC seems to be approving January filers now. It seems we are never going to get our approval... :(

That is crazy! So sorry you guys are still left hanging, I know you must be so frustrated now. I am sure you already called and tried to get an update, and I know that does not usually yield much information. I am thinking positive thoughts for you guys, and it has to come through soon. Once you hit the six month mark soon can you file a complaint about being outside the normal processing time?

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Hong Kong, China

Fiancé Hometown: Macau

12/01/2007: First met on a blind date at the Federal Dim Sum in Macau

02/06/2008: Engaged!

11/09/2008: Move back to USA from Macau after job transfer

11/19/2008: I-129F Sent

11/21/2008: I-129F NOA1

02/01/2009: Dora 90 day visa waiver expired, she returned to Macau to wait K1

03/27/2009: I-129F NOA2 Email

04/02/2009: I-129F NOA2 Letter in my mailbox

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

04/08/2009: Consulate Received

04/16/2009: Packet 3 Received

06/22/2009: Interview

07/07/2009: Placed in Administrative Processing at Hong Kong Embassy

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

**/**/****: US Entry

**/**/****: Marriage

Timeline

That is crazy! So sorry you guys are still left hanging, I know you must be so frustrated now. I am sure you already called and tried to get an update, and I know that does not usually yield much information. I am thinking positive thoughts for you guys, and it has to come through soon. Once you hit the six month mark soon can you file a complaint about being outside the normal processing time?

Thanks! We will file a complaint once we are past the six month mark. It is amazing how many emotions this whole process puts a person through. At first I was angry, but honestly now I'm just sad. I feel like we're being left hanging for no good reason. It is just so depressing....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jenn and Nick, I hope you get your approval soon. I wonder if some of the boxes sitting on the shelf get moved out of order somehow. This whole time I've been hoping my petition is in a box that would get approved sooner rather than later, but no such luck.

Reading your post makes me realize that others are in the same boat, some for longer than me. Sorry for all of us.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thanks! We will file a complaint once we are past the six month mark. It is amazing how many emotions this whole process puts a person through. At first I was angry, but honestly now I'm just sad. I feel like we're being left hanging for no good reason. It is just so depressing....

I know exactly what you mean, it is such an emotional roller coaster. The wait for each step leads to a high when it comes through, then the wait for the NEXT step starts. Rinse and repeat!

But today I was also thinking about how much this waiting game has made me look inside myself, and really examine my own mind and feelings. I even started to do meditation to control my anxiety about the wait and being separated from Dora. I think I have even found a deeper understanding of why I love her so much, and how awesome she is to so patiently wait this process out from the OTHER side, putting her career, and life totally on hold, for us. What an amazing woman, and how lucky am I that we found each other!

Keep hanging in there, it WILL come through, then when you guys are together soon this waiting experience will all have been worth it!! :star: :star: :star:

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Hong Kong, China

Fiancé Hometown: Macau

12/01/2007: First met on a blind date at the Federal Dim Sum in Macau

02/06/2008: Engaged!

11/09/2008: Move back to USA from Macau after job transfer

11/19/2008: I-129F Sent

11/21/2008: I-129F NOA1

02/01/2009: Dora 90 day visa waiver expired, she returned to Macau to wait K1

03/27/2009: I-129F NOA2 Email

04/02/2009: I-129F NOA2 Letter in my mailbox

04/05/2009: Letter from NVC advising petition has been sent to Hong Kong Consulate

04/08/2009: Consulate Received

04/16/2009: Packet 3 Received

06/22/2009: Interview

07/07/2009: Placed in Administrative Processing at Hong Kong Embassy

09/18/2009: 2nd Interview at embassy, APPROVED!!!!!!!! (10 months from mailing in I-129F)

**/**/****: US Entry

**/**/****: Marriage

Oh jen/nick.

I cant believe those b*&^&*^ds at VSC still haven't approved you! There is just no good reason why you should be hanging around! Grrrr, I know its cold comfort, but the 6months is up soon, VSC are working to those targets, and generally speaking, once the 6 month mark has passed and you are able to communicate with them...they should be very responsive into looking into your case.

There are some things you can do now to expedite this process and prepare for a fight with VSC should you need to fight them.

Have you found out who your senator is? Contact their office, telling them that you know that there are people around you who filed at the same time and for quite a large period afterward, who have been approved. My case is a good example as I believe we filed at a similar time.

I dont know if you have or not, but it might be worth phoning VSC now. I know they will give you the spiel, but you never know. You might be lucky. They might be able to see something that you cant.

I'm so sorry :( We have found the whole process stressful too. Because despite being approved over a month ago, we got stuck at NVC for administrative processing. It essentially has the effect that...because we have been held waiting there for so long, we might as well have only got approved 2 days ago. When they finally sent it to London. I was like you, exhausted. And sad, thinking....why US!

I'm thinking of you guys. I hope this nightmare ends for you soon.

Ellie

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Jenn and Nick I can only imagine how frustrated you feel right now. I wish there was something we could say or do that would make you feel better but unfortunately you expect to hear a good word from USCIS and not from us. I wish you guys an approval as soon a possible and who knows maybe NOA2 is in the mailbox as we speak, been trough NVC and when you call it could be forwarded to the consulate.

Yes the whole process if very dicouraging and painfull for both sides. It really tests the strenght of the people in it as well as the feelings. Erik says that if anyone is going trough this process and don't plan a future together forever is Nuts. It is really frustrating knowing your entire future depends on some paperwork, depends on people you don't know, and you can't control it in any way.

Wish you good luck and hopefully NOA2 is already on its way.

Ellie,I see you got out of AP. This is great news. CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance::dance: Now the flow shouldn't be interrupted anymore and soon you will be with your David in sunny Florida and all this will seem like a bad dream. Good luck further. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Jenn and Nick, I am sorry to hear this. Have you considered making an appointment with the local office, if there is one near where you are at? My fiance and I got so stressed out about not getting the NOA2 and not being able to check our status online at all, he decided to make a visit to the local office. There he was able to see something other than "error" from the officer's computer, which was comforting. I hope that you will be hearing the good news soon. You're going to get the approval!

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-10

I-129F RFE(s) : no

RFE Reply(s) : no

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-13

NVC Received : 2009-03-20

NVC Left : 2009-03-27

Consulate Received : 2009-03-31

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-31

Medical Exam: 2009-4-10

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-4-13

Interview:2009-4-28 8:00 am (APPROVED!)

US Entry : 20 of May, 2009

Marriage : 10 of August, 2009

AOS Sent : 2009-08-12

NOA1s Received: 08-21-2009, dated August 18.

Bio Appointment Notice: received 09-02-2009, dated August 26

Bio Appoinment Date: 09-23-2009

AOS case transfered to CSC on 09-11-2009

Tried Walk-in: 09-11-2009 succeded

Thank you.

Yes. It was a bad day yesterday. Dave was unemployed for 6 months, so whilst he desperately wanted to buy me a ring, he just couldnt afford to. So he started his job over a month ago, is earning excellent money and bought me one.

And it got stuck in customs. Looks like i'll have to pay a ton of VAT on it if customs have caught it. GRRRR. So I had a screaming crying crazy fit over it (yes my future husband is going to have t be very patient with me, I am a difficult woman) and tried to call NVC....ya know....cos if your having a crappy day, why not make it worse! I couldnt get through, so he called whilst we were on the phone last night commiserating about that dang ring, and they told us we were released. It could have been so much worse, and we were ready for the worst......it could have been upto 55 days in there. So stressful. I swear...at 26, that I am in posssion of an ulcer because of this process. We have fought more in the last 4 months than ever.

Your right JustFriend. If we can all deal with this, i'm sure we can deal with anything. This process has been ....exhausting. I'm ready to go home to Florida. To settle into my life. Get my kitten, be a housewife for a few months till the EAD shows up and then get into the pace of real life. I would only recommend this visa process to those who are willing to go to the ends of the earth to keep their relationship alive in the face of all this adversity.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your support (although it made me a bit teary eyed when I read the posts)! The process is just so difficult and it seems there is no particular approval order. Good luck to everyone on their journeys... it seems you all are well on your way to being with your loved ones!

Ellie - I have contacted some people, but just seem to get the run around... we are currently approving filers with a September NOA1 date which I know is not the truth! Congratulations on getting out of AP... it must be such a relief and puts you one giant step closer to being with David!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I totally know how you feel, it will be 6 months for us May 3rd. I have been off for a few days now because reading all of the posts just saddens me more and more. I was hoping that we would be one of the lucky ones to get approved earlier, but no such luck. We too have had no touches and are still listed as received and pending. Maybe our files are sitting on the same desk.

We're set for 10 years!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Jenn and Nick--You're about at the same time from NOA1 that I was when approved. I believe you will hear soon, but I know it's frustrating to see Jan approvals...It did make me feel better to call in--I started calling in every 3 days. They would forward me to someone who could see the case online since I couldn't and neither could the first "phone answerer." I asked them to tell me if there was an RFE or if it had been approved yet, and they were able to say that it was still pending. Not much info, but at least I knew that I hadn't missed a letter in the mail.

juleali--What do they tell you when you call in? Hopefully at the 6 month mark, they will give you some better answers!

Good visa vibes are being sent both your ways...(in the meantime, check your horoscope on www.cainer.com...mine said "something you're waiting for is coming" or something similar the day before I was able to check online status which was the day before NOA2...just something to do to pass the time....)

Edited by SunTiger

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-04

Online case status working (finally can view case status online, says pending): 2009-03-30

NOA2 : 2009-03-30

NOA2 Visible Online : 2009-03-31

Sent from NVC to US Embassy in Guatemala: 2009-04-03

Arrived at US Embassy in Guatemala: 2009-04-08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello November family. I am about to leave for Sofia to get my medical and in a few days is the interview. I just received the new Affidavit from my fiance so at least one thing less to worry about. I am really nervous but trying to stay possitive and hopefully the good outcome will follow.

Wish us good luck.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You will be fine, just_friend! You will get a PASS on your interview date. My interview is also coming, Tuesday, the 28th. :dance::dance::dance:

Hello November family. I am about to leave for Sofia to get my medical and in a few days is the interview. I just received the new Affidavit from my fiance so at least one thing less to worry about. I am really nervous but trying to stay possitive and hopefully the good outcome will follow.

Wish us good luck.

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-10

I-129F RFE(s) : no

RFE Reply(s) : no

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-13

NVC Received : 2009-03-20

NVC Left : 2009-03-27

Consulate Received : 2009-03-31

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-31

Medical Exam: 2009-4-10

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-4-13

Interview:2009-4-28 8:00 am (APPROVED!)

US Entry : 20 of May, 2009

Marriage : 10 of August, 2009

AOS Sent : 2009-08-12

NOA1s Received: 08-21-2009, dated August 18.

Bio Appointment Notice: received 09-02-2009, dated August 26

Bio Appoinment Date: 09-23-2009

AOS case transfered to CSC on 09-11-2009

Tried Walk-in: 09-11-2009 succeded

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You will be fine, just_friend! You will get a PASS on your interview date. My interview is also coming, Tuesday, the 28th. :dance::dance::dance:

Your interview is on my birthday! Hope the day is excellent for both of us. :star:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.