Kevin&Leilei

November '08 K-1 Filers

927 posts in this topic

Congrats on the approval bapacker!!!! That's wonderful news!

I think as a rule of thumb, and to try and ascertain what will be expected of you at the interview, you need to look specifically at peoples experiences of being interviewed in the embassy you will be going too.

For example, whilst the employment letter wasn't something the neccesarily wanted to see at your interview bapacker, I know that London are very hot on ensuring that there is as much supporting financial information as possible, and in particular that en employer letter is supplied. Then again, London ask few questions actually about your relationship and hardly ever ask to see proof of your relationship either. I'm still going armed with Photo's and emails though :)

Congratulations again!!

Who's up next for interview???? I was hoping to get packet 3 today, but because we waited so long for our file to clear NVC, I am getting impatient, and might just send all the forms in that are required, before it arrives :D

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS bapacker. I knew you will get approved. Everything is where its supposed to be now. Soon you will be with your sweetheart and all it will be forgoten. Thats what i am hoping for.

Mike and Miche sorry to hear you are at AP. For what I've heard is about a month sometimes longer. I wish you to be one of the lucky ones and to get out of there as soon as possible.

Vol4life i think this will be enough. And no my affidavit wasn't noterized. We used the new one.(sorry for not answering sooner)

Here we crossed one step but we are still nervous. DHL has no record of the packet yet. It seem like i am going to miss my flight . I think that till the last minute there will be something to worry about. Every step of this process is really frustrating and i can only imagine for the moment where there will be no documents to wait for, fill out, etc. Sorry for this little outbreak.

Ellie i think you will be next with the interview.:)

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

@ bapacker - Congrats on the approval!!!!

@ just_ friend - i hope you get everything sorted in order for you to catch your flight in time. This process is definitely like a rollercoaster but its all worth it in the end :star:

ok, so I THOUGHT I had everything in order for my packet 3 to be sent last Friday (or so) but I had forgotten something at home so I could send it. Later that day I received a call from the Police department advising that the fingerprint certificate was ready to be picked up. I had already received a police certificate weeks ago and thought that was it - so I thought, thank goodness I didnt send in packet 3 on Friday. Monday morning I had left for work extra early to go to the police station to pick up the certificate..I was then advised that I had to go to the 'Criminal Records' department in the police headquarters to pick it up...that was a waste of time. So I had gotten a friend of mine to pick it up for me since she works near the place (I had to send her a letter authorizing to pick up on my behalf). I then went to her house to pick it up later that evening only to realize it was a duplicate copy of what I'd already received weeks ago :angry: them silly people!! :bonk:

Then I was up and ready to send off everything today and realized that I left the photocopy of my passport with the "packet copy" which I left at home :no: .... sorry for the vent..I just had to get it off my chest..i think its the pregnancy that's making me extremely forgetful as of late :wacko:

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Btw, they did not ask for the employment letter, but I gave it out together with the I-134. The interview was conducted in English after the office asked me: "In which language do you communicate with your fiance?" and I said "English."

just_friend, congrats on the visa approval. I got mine this morning too. The interview was rather short. The appointment was at 8 am. I arrived at the consulate 10 minutes earlier and by the time I left the building it was around 10. Most of the time was spent on waiting. The actual interview time with the immigration officer lasted less then 5 minutes. another 10 minutes for the document checking by another lady at the enterance.

For the I-134, they only asked me for the latest tax return-2008(my fiance had sent me that of 2006,2007 and 2008)-as a supporting document. Nothing else. What I did see there was everything we submitted back in November, the officer has them, including a 34 pages(A4-sized)printed photo album.

congrats bapacker!! seems like the interview process is pretty straight forward. No worries!

Glad to hear no problems. We are working on getting med exam, clearance, cenomar and such.

preparing for the interview on May 21, can't wait!!

Good luck to all and God Bless!!

Kevin

[

src9sTb0hKg

@ bapacker - Congrats on the approval!!!!

@ just_ friend - i hope you get everything sorted in order for you to catch your flight in time. This process is definitely like a rollercoaster but its all worth it in the end :star:

ok, so I THOUGHT I had everything in order for my packet 3 to be sent last Friday (or so) but I had forgotten something at home so I could send it. Later that day I received a call from the Police department advising that the fingerprint certificate was ready to be picked up. I had already received a police certificate weeks ago and thought that was it - so I thought, thank goodness I didnt send in packet 3 on Friday. Monday morning I had left for work extra early to go to the police station to pick up the certificate..I was then advised that I had to go to the 'Criminal Records' department in the police headquarters to pick it up...that was a waste of time. So I had gotten a friend of mine to pick it up for me since she works near the place (I had to send her a letter authorizing to pick up on my behalf). I then went to her house to pick it up later that evening only to realize it was a duplicate copy of what I'd already received weeks ago :angry: them silly people!! :bonk:

Then I was up and ready to send off everything today and realized that I left the photocopy of my passport with the "packet copy" which I left at home :no: .... sorry for the vent..I just had to get it off my chest..i think its the pregnancy that's making me extremely forgetful as of late :wacko:

Vent away honey! My friend said that when she was pregnant she would forget things all the time. And she did. The number of times she shut the door and realised her keys were on the table was ridiculous. In the end her hubby cut her a spare and the idea was that the keys would live in the plant pot. But what she would do is forget, take them inside, leave the house and shut the door again.

The police certificate thing is very GRRR!!!! though! My goodness, these people dont know their bottoms from their elbows sometimes. I'm not suprised your frustrated! And, it sounds like you have so much more to organise and send back for packet three. Things like my passport copies, Birth certs etc, aren't presented till i get to the interview. So the prep you are having to do right now is the prep I will have at least a few weeks to do. Dont be too hard on yourself. There is ALOT going on!

While we are venting, Dave's ex promised to get the joint tax returns to him last weekend....but she was busy. I said if she doesnt give him that information this weekend, he is to make a complete pain in the backside of himself and sit on her front doorstep till she gives us what we need! I dont think she is being spiteful, I just dont think she realises just how important the information is to us right now.

@vol4life - it looks like you are the next interviewee so far! Good luck!!!

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Thank you all for the congrats!!! I agree with Ellie; I had brought with me everything, including the prove of my fiance's citizenship, i.e. copy of his pass port, naturalization certificate, birth certificate, and for the prove of on-going relationship the cards, emails and skype logs, and that of our engagement. Tons of documents I carried with my that morning, really heavy, but to my surprise, not many were asked to be handed in. The questions asked were:

1. How did you know your fiance?

2. Did you get along with his daughter?

3. What did you do before in New York? (I had studied and worked there.)

That was it, very brief.

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-10

I-129F RFE(s) : no

RFE Reply(s) : no

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-13

NVC Received : 2009-03-20

NVC Left : 2009-03-27

Consulate Received : 2009-03-31

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-31

Medical Exam: 2009-4-10

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-4-13

Interview:2009-4-28 8:00 am (APPROVED!)

US Entry : 20 of May, 2009

Marriage : 10 of August, 2009

AOS Sent : 2009-08-12

NOA1s Received: 08-21-2009, dated August 18.

Bio Appointment Notice: received 09-02-2009, dated August 26

Bio Appoinment Date: 09-23-2009

AOS case transfered to CSC on 09-11-2009

Tried Walk-in: 09-11-2009 succeded

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you all for the congrats!!! I agree with Ellie; I had brought with me everything, including the prove of my fiance's citizenship, i.e. copy of his pass port, naturalization certificate, birth certificate, and for the prove of on-going relationship the cards, emails and skype logs, and that of our engagement. Tons of documents I carried with my that morning, really heavy, but to my surprise, not many were asked to be handed in. The questions asked were:

1. How did you know your fiance?

2. Did you get along with his daughter?

3. What did you do before in New York? (I had studied and worked there.)

That was it, very brief.

We are planning on bringing of lots of supporting docs of proof of ongoing relationship and then

have the 134 with supporting docs, this yrs return, pay stubs, employer letter. Hope that will

be fine.

Seems the interview was quick and painless :thumbs:

Yeah seems we are the next on the interview slate, we need your prayers. I know we'll do fine.

is just a step toward being together and oh how I am so ready for that.

Good luck and God Bless!!

Kevin

[

src9sTb0hKg

So! I recieved packet 3 today.

And 2 hours later......Sent back the packet 3 forms :) I already had them printed off and ready to go a few days ago! Eager!!!

They should be with the embassy tomorrow because I paid for next day trackable delivery. Fingers crossed they assign me an interview date sooonish.

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

Ellie congrats for receiving packet 3. Everything will go very fast from now on. Hopefully your interview will be very soon and next time we will congratulate you for passing the interview. :)

MzMo hope everything is ok with your packet 3 and you will get to send it soon :)

vol4life you seem to be ready for the interview. don't stress out. for what i've experiensed the interview is the easiest part of the whole process.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of you and for those still waiting for NOA2.

Kevin&Leilei whats going on with you guys? We've lost you in the last couple of weeks.

For me it has been a couple of very stressfull days. The consulate said I will receive my passport in 2 business days and as of today I still don't have it. I called them a couple of times and all they were saying is that it is not ready. Finally today at 2pm the lady said the visa is ready and I can come and pick it up if i want to. Well i live like 4 hours away from the capital so i couldn't really fly and get it. The whole problem is that starting tomorrow we have a 6 day holiday for the entire country and everything will be closed including the embassy and DHL. The long story short the consulate should of sent it today with DHL at 16.30 and tomorrow I will go to pick it up from the only DHL office that is working (10am-2pm). They confirmed that my packet should be there on hold but with all the problems lately i can't dare to hope. So anyway tomorrow will do a 4 hour trip to try to find my passport in the huge warehouse of DHL, hopefully my visa will be correct and hopefully i will leave in a few days. I can't even start packing because I still don't know if i will leave.

Would it be too much if i ask again to keep your fingers crossed for me? ;)

I know most of you think what's the rush but we really are trying to do everything very fast because I need my AP for my sister's wedding in September. They are planning it for more than a year and I would die if i am not able to make it. We decided that our ceremony will be in 2010 so we'll have enough time for arrangements. We have relatives flying from Bulgaria, UK and Australia so I can't really invite them only a month ahead. Anyway i think i dealed you enogh with my planning :)

Have a great day/night, smile, stay positive and the good things will happen sooner than we might think :) :) :)

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Timeline

Just another thing I think you might be interested in. I talked with my doctor about the HPV vaccine and he said that it will not have any effect on me at this age. It should be used only for girls under 16 who haven't started their intimate life yet. So I don't really understand why do we HAVE TO do it or its just a comercial way for someone to make money. I apologize if I sound a bit rude but I really don't get it.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just another thing I think you might be interested in. I talked with my doctor about the HPV vaccine and he said that it will not have any effect on me at this age. It should be used only for girls under 16 who haven't started their intimate life yet. So I don't really understand why do we HAVE TO do it or its just a comercial way for someone to make money. I apologize if I sound a bit rude but I really don't get it.

Under 16?? Everything I've seen/read about the HPV vaccine indicated it was for women under 26.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Well yes. The requirement for the medical in order to get an interview is for women under 26. That is what i don't understand. As I said my doctor told me that the vaccine takes effect only to young girls who doesn't have intimate relations. This is also what internet web sites indicate too. Anyway I already had my shot and I am planning to take the rest of it (just in case) but still don't get this difference.

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/18/09 Welcome notice

Well yes. The requirement for the medical in order to get an interview is for women under 26. That is what i don't understand. As I said my doctor told me that the vaccine takes effect only to young girls who doesn't have intimate relations. This is also what internet web sites indicate too. Anyway I already had my shot and I am planning to take the rest of it (just in case) but still don't get this difference.

Correct. All of the research I have read indicates that HPV is only really beneficial to those girls and young women who are yet to start having sex.

I think you hit the nail on the head with regard to it being a money making scheme as the benefits to a sexually active woman having the vaccine are negated.

I'm going to see if I can get out of having it. I know that you dont have to have the vaccine for K visa, it is only required for AOS. And by the time I go to adjust my status I will be 27 and therefore outside of regulatory time frames.

Just Friend....I do hope you can get that visa in time. Hopefully even if you cant leave Monday, you will still be able to get there, get the legal wedding done and file for that AP in time to get to your sisters wedding. I'm doing the same as you. A legal wedding to get AOS over and done with and then a "family" wedding in April 2010. Gives me time to plan, I thought about doing it here, but the complexities of organising a wedding from over 4000 miles away eventually got the better of me!

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Ellie, I hope that you will get your interview soon after you have your medical done. It took 2 weeks (10 business days) for me to get the result back. Knowing this in advance, I sent in my check list about a week later after I mailed in the packet 3 (DS156, DS-156K, and DS-230). Yet, the consulate here in my country works fast. They mailed out the interview appointment notice before I sent them the completed check list and requested an ineterview.

just_friend, good luck with the pick-up. Have a safe ride!

For those who are still waiting for the interview or the packet 3 to arrive, I pray that everything will go smoothly and all of us can be back with our loved one soon.

One question for everyone: I got my passport back with the visa this morning. A sealed package came alone with it. I know I am not supposed to open it. But there are some other documents the consulate returned to me, including some of what we first sent to the USCIS back in November, e.g. copies of our photos, receipts, airplane tickets and so on. Do I need to bring them along with me to the States in case they want to see them at the POE.

Edited by bapacker

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-10

I-129F RFE(s) : no

RFE Reply(s) : no

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-13

NVC Received : 2009-03-20

NVC Left : 2009-03-27

Consulate Received : 2009-03-31

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-31

Medical Exam: 2009-4-10

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-4-13

Interview:2009-4-28 8:00 am (APPROVED!)

US Entry : 20 of May, 2009

Marriage : 10 of August, 2009

AOS Sent : 2009-08-12

NOA1s Received: 08-21-2009, dated August 18.

Bio Appointment Notice: received 09-02-2009, dated August 26

Bio Appoinment Date: 09-23-2009

AOS case transfered to CSC on 09-11-2009

Tried Walk-in: 09-11-2009 succeded

Ellie, I hope that you will get your interview soon after you have your medical done. It took 2 weeks (10 business days) for me to get the result back. Knowing this in advance, I sent in my check list about a week later after I mailed in the packet 3 (DS156, DS-156K, and DS-230). Yet, the consulate here in my country works fast. They mailed out the interview appointment notice before I sent them the completed check list and requested an ineterview.

just_friend, good luck with the pick-up. Have a safe ride!

For those who are still waiting for the interview or the packet 3 to arrive, I pray that everything will go smoothly and all of us can be back with our loved one soon.

One question for everyone: I got my passport back with the visa this morning. A sealed package came alone with it. I know I am not supposed to open it. But there are some other documents the consulate returned to me, including some of what we first sent to the USCIS back in November, e.g. copies of our photos, receipts, airplane tickets and so on. Do I need to bring them along with me to the States in case they want to see them at the POE.

You wont need them at POE. All evidence suggests that the unopened packet and the visa in the passport is sufficient. I'd take them with you to the states for safe keeping

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.