Kevin&Leilei

November '08 K-1 Filers

927 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
I just got my fiancee's K-1 petition in the mail today, so I'm anticipating being among the first of the November '08 filers.

It feels good to have finally gotten the ball rolling, but now comes the long wait. :(

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I just got my fiancee's K-1 petition in the mail today, so I'm anticipating being among the first of the November '08 filers.

It feels good to have finally gotten the ball rolling, but now comes the long wait. :(

:thumbs: .

Edited by B&Y

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Wow! Congrats! I guess I'll be the last one here to be approved.

No way!!! i believe you'll be getting yours within two weeks! :D

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Remember how we couldnt check our case online? well I decided to try it just for the hell of it again today and as usual, I was expecting an error message when I had to literally do a double take when I read this:

Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR

FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the

notice, call customer service.

Woohooo!!! We finally got our NOA2!!!

Now in addition to Richie's employment dilema....I was wondering if this is going to affect my visit to the states next week??? I know I was fine going thru POE last November after receiving the NOA1..but unsure now that there's an actual approval on the system???

HOLY MOLEY BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS SWEETIE!!!

The gap in employment is not relevant, it is the position he is currently employed in RIGHT NOW that counts. Is he not employed full time? Can he not fill that information out?

After all the c$%p you went through with your petition last time I am so happy for you!....sooooo happy.

As for your visit. I believe they still cant see the application on the system BUT, gaaaaa, it may be worth doing a little research on that.

I would take the following information with you when you go over:

Lease / mortgage

Letter from job stating expected return date

Full itin inc return dates

A printed out copy of the NOA 2 (I mean seriously, which one of us would be stupid enough to ruin this all now after waiting for so long)

In addition.....stick with the good old catch phrase

"I'm here on vacation"

Congrats again! I cant believe this is starting to happen for us all :)

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline
Remember how we couldnt check our case online? well I decided to try it just for the hell of it again today and as usual, I was expecting an error message when I had to literally do a double take when I read this:

On February 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR

FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the

Now in addition to Richie's employment dilema....I was wondering if this is going to affect my visit to the states next week??? I know I was fine going thru POE last November after receiving the NOA1..but unsure now that there's an actual approval on the system???

The gap in employment is not relevant, it is the position he is currently employed in RIGHT NOW that counts. Is he not employed full time? Can he not fill that information out?

After all the c$%p you went through with your petition last time I am so happy for you!....sooooo happy.

As for your visit. I believe they still cant see the application on the system BUT, gaaaaa, it may be worth doing a little research on that.

Lease / mortgage

A printed out copy of the NOA 2 (I mean seriously, which one of us would be stupid enough to ruin this all now after waiting for so long)

"I'm here on vacation"

Thanks heaps!!! I know, finally got it...although sooner than expected! You guys should be getting yours soon since there have been a couple november filers getting approved.

Well he literally just got a job offer like...two days ago...he's been going to his induction and will soon be getting his learning material in order for him to start studying to qualify for his license (insurance/finance agent). We dont know too much info right now as he only just received a bit of info. Looks like he will need to pass his course and get all the licenses and then he will be able to start getting income...the timing just sux with the whole employment thing!!

As for my trip...first of is hawaii with friends and then I fly off to NY to see him so I can just say that Im going with friends on a vacation..even though it might look dodgy with me staying a week longer than the others, ill just say im going to NY to visit friends..I'll have my employment letter, bills, r/t tickets, itineraries and also bring along my obstetrician/pregnancy info to prove that I will be having a baby here in australia and have an appointment set for when I return from my trip....hopefully its enough proof *fingers crossed* ..oh and yes - that NOA1 and NOA2 copy to prove im doing this the right way :P

Congrats and best wishes to you all that already got their approval! Finally finally it seems like something is happening! Kevin&Leilei your not the only ones, we are still here with you waiting patiently for the NOA2!

K1 Visa Timeline:

11-10-2008 I-129F sent to Vermont

11-12-2008 VSC received package via UPS

11-13-2008 NOA1

11-17-2008 check cashed

11-19-2008 NOA1 in mail

03-05-2009 E-mail notification: RFE sent

03-09-2009 received RFE in the mail

03-09-2009 RFE sent back

03-10-2009 RFE delivered

03-11-2009 RFE received and case resumed

03-19-2009 NOA2

Igor´s List:

02/09/2009 #298

02/23/2009 #271

03/09/2009 #186

03/19/2009 #162 - NOA2

02/26/2009 - first touch since 12/05/2008

02/27/2009 - second touch

03/04/2009 - third touch

03/05/2009 - fourth touch - case status: RFE sent

03/06/2009 - fifth touch

03/12/2009 - sixth touch - case status: RFE received and case resumed

03/13/2009 - seventh touch

03/16/2009 - eighth touch

03/19/2009 - ninth touch - NOA2

Lifting Conditions Timeline:

12/14/2011 - I-751 delivered to VSC

12/16/2011 - NOA 1

12/22/2011 - NOA 1 in the mail

Lease / mortgage

"I'm here on vacation"

Thanks heaps!!! I know, finally got it...although sooner than expected! You guys should be getting yours soon since there have been a couple november filers getting approved.

Well he literally just got a job offer like...two days ago...he's been going to his induction and will soon be getting his learning material in order for him to start studying to qualify for his license (insurance/finance agent). We dont know too much info right now as he only just received a bit of info. Looks like he will need to pass his course and get all the licenses and then he will be able to start getting income...the timing just sux with the whole employment thing!!

As for my trip...first of is hawaii with friends and then I fly off to NY to see him so I can just say that Im going with friends on a vacation..even though it might look dodgy with me staying a week longer than the others, ill just say im going to NY to visit friends..I'll have my employment letter, bills, r/t tickets, itineraries and also bring along my obstetrician/pregnancy info to prove that I will be having a baby here in australia and have an appointment set for when I return from my trip....hopefully its enough proof *fingers crossed* ..oh and yes - that NOA1 and NOA2 copy to prove im doing this the right way :P

Aggghhh, tell me about sucky timing and employment....Dave still hasnt found anything, but as soon as i leave is pushing to get a job, ANY job that pays the min pov guidelines and will get the application through. Regardless of how quickly we get approved, I still only intend to go out in September......we set a date of Sept 19th to get married (A year to the day we first met face to face) It's just amazing at how quick vermont are starting work.....I thought this was it for us all till April/May time. At one point the time line said June!

With regards to his employment, you can delay sending back the packet 3 info for a period of 4 months (I'm sure I read that somewhere but please dont take my word for it) and it wont effect your application. That would give him enough time to complete his course and gain his licenses and get someone to sign off that employer info form for him.

I think you have more than enough proof of ties there!

K1

AOS complete!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline
Aggghhh, tell me about sucky timing and employment....Dave still hasnt found anything, but as soon as i leave is pushing to get a job, ANY job that pays the min pov guidelines and will get the application through. Regardless of how quickly we get approved, I still only intend to go out in September......we set a date of Sept 19th to get married (A year to the day we first met face to face) It's just amazing at how quick vermont are starting work.....I thought this was it for us all till April/May time. At one point the time line said June!

With regards to his employment, you can delay sending back the packet 3 info for a period of 4 months (I'm sure I read that somewhere but please dont take my word for it) and it wont effect your application. That would give him enough time to complete his course and gain his licenses and get someone to sign off that employer info form for him.

I think you have more than enough proof of ties there!

I really hope Dave finds a job soon cuz Im going thru the same thing and its really stresses you out! I have to agree with you...a couple weeks ago I was telling Richie to just get any job in the interim as long as it meets the min pov level :lol: just as long as I get there..at least that way I can get a transfer from my job here to our manhattan office worse comes to worse.

Vermont really is speeding up and Ive already seen a few other Nov filers getting approved from VSC. I was expecting the approval to arrive April/May which wouldve worked well considering the timing with giving birth in August. I think I might have to delay in sending the packet 3 even for a little bit. Im not sure how long you can either but I'll try and find out. Im due 17th August so I was hoping to stay here for at least a couple of months before moving over to the states.

I just hope he hurries up with the whole license thing so he can officially start! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Im so happy for you!! Congrats!! :dance:

Lol im still getting that Error message so prob no news;) but helps seeing all ppl from November getting approved! Good luck w/ the next steps. I think u can still go to the USA as long as you can prove enough information that you have to go back to your home country. But maybe try to find out more...so you know for sure and don't have to be stressed.

Jeanine

n15305667_32214039_6649.jpg

Timeline K1 visa so far...

I129F package send - October 28th, 2008

NOA1 received - November 4th, 2008

NOA2 approval - February 25th, 2009

April 1, 2009 - Medical Examination + X-Ray!

April 16, 2009 - Interview at the Amsterdam Consulate!! Approved!

May 22, 2009 - Entry through Newark Liberty Airport

July 31, 2009 - Wedding!! GREAT DAY!!

August 4th, 2009 - Applied for AOS, AP and Employment

August 12, 2009 - NOA's for all 3 applications

September 10, 2009 - AP Approved!!

September 11, 2009 - AOS case transfered to CSC??

Timeline

Im sitting here shocked!!! I just posted a comment above that we still got an error. I came back from lunch and thought lets check it again and i see this:

Receipt Number: EAC**********

On February 25, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Im afraid that i checked with the wrong number...but it cant be wrong, always checked with that one!!! wow i still cant believe this! Txted my fiance already a couple times this is the best news!

Timeline

Im sitting here shocked!!! I just posted a comment above that we still got an error. I came back from lunch and thought lets check it again and i see this:

On February 25, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Im afraid that i checked with the wrong number...but it cant be wrong, always checked with that one!!! wow i still cant believe this! Txted my fiance already a couple times this is the best news!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Congratulations to MzMo1102 and John and Jeanine for receiving your NOA2. We are really really happy for you and we wish you so much luck for the rest of the process. I was so surprised seeing two of us getting approved already but it feels so good. :) I hope your problems got solve fast MzMo1102 and for you too David and Ellie . I know ours are coming too very soon.

Good luck

:thumbs:

AOS

5/15/09 Got married

6/24/09 NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

7/28/09 Biometrics

7/10/09 Transfer to CSC

8/03/09 Touch on AOS

8/06/09 EAD and AP approved

8/07/09 Touch EAD/AP

8/11/09 GC card production ordered e-mail at 6.15am on 8/12 (go figure)

8/11/09 Touch on EAD card production ordered again

8/12/09 EAD approval notice sent

8/14/09 EAD and AP received in the mail

8/14/09 GC approval notice sent

8/18/09 Welcome notice

8/20/09 GC in the mail Yay. DONE WITH USCIS TILL 2011

CONGRATULATIONS! This is such positive news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Congratulations to MzMo1102 and John and Jeanine for receiving your NOA2. We are really really happy for you and we wish you so much luck for the rest of the process. I was so surprised seeing two of us getting approved already but it feels so good. :) I hope your problems got solve fast MzMo1102 and for you too David and Ellie . I know ours are coming too very soon.

Good luck

:thumbs:

Awww thanks....

I am hoping we will be approved whilst I am there visiting dave

K1

AOS complete!

mnb0ir.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.